New Chelsea Fixtures

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest RFC_CFC

Some tough early fixures there

Sometimes it's a bugger having a newly promoted team away first game of the season too, they will be right up for it with the stadium rocking.

Edited by RFC_CFC

Guest RFC_CFC

Man Utd don't have a hard fixture until they play us at the end of October!

Well last season was a one off I think, they have always been given easy early fixtures

I think it's a decent list, no back to back games against top teams and we get an easy start with 2 promoted teams, plus we get the 2 hardest games of the season (City/Everton away) out of the way early when they might have less incentive to really come at us.

If we're sitting somewhere near the top come the New Year then I think we'll have a great chance of winning the league.

Having to play the Manchester clubs and Liverpool away first is going to be difficult but might work in our favour in the long run.

I would say we should be looking to take nearly maximum points from our home fixtures in that period as well as we are up against mostly mid to lower table sides.  

Not the worst looking run in of fixtures over the Christmas period either. 

The end of April and start of May looks a bit tasty.... 

Guest RFC_CFC

I actually have a feeling we'll draw in that game still think we'll win the title mind

God don't say that Bobby! (well the first part)

Not seen much of Burnley but they will no doubt be doing a lot of ins and outs before kick off so maybe that will work in our favour.

The good thing is we have the tough games early and last season these were the games we always thrived in...add in Cesc and a striker of note and I'm not worried about them so much.

Guest RFC_CFC

Is everyone of the belief that all football fixtures are fixed as I am?

Totally.

Just look at the ones today in Scotland for example...Rangers first game is to demoted Hearts (not to bump up the interest at all eh?).

English ones have been fixed for years now.

United haven't got a tough test till us late October

That's because they're slow starters and the FA want to give them an easier fixture list to compensate. /conspiracy.

Our run in still grinds me a bit, extremely tough although I agree that we get a couple of really hard ones out the way early on. However... can you IMAGINE... winning the league at home to Liverpool? It won't happen, if we're anywhere close it'll be down to the last game again I reckon but still. Imagine.

So excited for the new season.

Was hoping for a home game first as I don't think I can make 23rd August and wanted to see the first home game.  I guess Burnley isn't too far for me - when do we know about tickets, loyalty points I wonder?

I think there's an explanation on the premier league site explaining how the fixtures are generated.  As you say there are so many things to take into account, it can't just be pulled out of the hat - eg Liverpool and Everton not being at home together nor Spurs and Arse.  Local events etc are mentioned as well - I know locally for instance Shrewsbury are never at home on the second weekend of August as it's the local flower show (!!).