Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robdog

World Cup 2014 - Day 11

I want a thread just for this day. Today could be a Great day for the US Nats. Today is my Birthday & Jurgen Klinsmann said he would give me a 'W'. That is all I want really...Ok maybe 15 minutes with this Portuguese fan

veyl4l.jpg

You're going for totally natural :-) Happy birthday Rob!

Just posted in Day 10 (I've clearly lost count already) that Belgium are a disappointment to me: sloppy, ineffective and dull. I expect the USA to do better.

That's some top she's wearing... Oh wait..

Yeah she painted the Portuguese kit on herself. Her name is Andressa Urach. She is from Brazil & has been stalking Cristiano Ronaldo for the past couple of years. Can't really blame her though. Dude is young & has loads of money. I wish her luck or better I hope she can provide a bit of distraction today for the US v Portugal match :Troll_Face:

Thanks Valerie....I will raise my glass for you too...Cheers!!!

Like Messi, hazard turns it on at the end to help win Belgium a game they didn't deserve to...the fact Belgium finally started passing the ball to him helped! Bit embarrassing for Lukaku to be shown up by a 19-year-old for second game in a row...bad for chelsea as if they want to sell him, his value is diminishing by the minute

Lukaku didn't do much, origi seemed like the better option. He looked a lot livelier, wonder if lukaku keeps his spot next game

Like Messi, hazard turns it on at the end to help win Belgium a game they didn't deserve to...the fact Belgium finally started passing the ball to him helped! Bit embarrassing for Lukaku to be shown up by a 19-year-old for second game in a row...bad for chelsea as if they want to sell him, his value is diminishing by the minute

Lukaku is still a better option than Torres if you ask me. Dude is young & has potential. Torres has been there & done that. It shows in his play too. Not too much for him to get excited about anything since he has already won the World Cup, The European Cup (both club & country versions), The Europa Liga, The FA Cup. I guess he would try harder for the League Cup, since he hasn't really produced in the EPL for Chels. Hell I wonder if lpuke would want him back? I bet that punk would try harder then.

"Try harder for the League Cup", that's about the saddest thing I've read on Torres :-)

But I agree on Lukaku being a better option, although so far he has been underwhelming. But as pointed out several times in this forum, so were many other players.

Ffs...Gerrard needs more time to think about returning from international football...if he can't see the writing on the wall after his performance this summer he really is as blind as his passing often appears to be...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27966260

What a massive surprise, hides away from interviews then sticks his head up and makes it all about him. Fully deserving of his stevee me nickname.

I feel sick waiting for this US game to start.  Would feel a lot better if Germany had won yesterday.

I feel sick waiting for this US game to start. Would feel a lot better if Germany had won yesterday.

I think you'll draw, which will be good enough. Germany and USA will conveniently play for a draw if need be. The Germans have history of fixing a final group game.

Hell if the Yanks make it through this Group of Death, I rather play Belgium rather than Algeria. We have history vs Algeria & they will want revenge vs The USNMT. Belgium will probably overlook us :wink: