Chelsea vs Spurs (FA CUP) - 22nd April 2017

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Just now, dkw said:

They won the corners too so 4-4, oh and didn't deserve to lose, so we lost 5-4.

But...They lost the "grass" as it was the wrong type, so 5-5 and a penalty shoot out it is.

They went home early, minus 1 point.

2 minutes ago, coco said:

New rules, bonus point for the team with the most possession.

Final score 4-3.

You still lose.

Its not just about possession. We had more possession v Man United last week but still deserved to lose. Its about intensity, desire and philosophy. Yes they didnt create much, but nor did we. And there was only one team looking like scoring in that second half. The pressed us better and passed better. We scored from a corner and a wonder goal. Briliant for us. But dont let that cover up the general pattern of the game.

What a fantastic day for Chelsea. I didn't think on form we would do it but Spurs were overconfident and we made them pay. Fantastic goals throughout for both sides. Matic's was incredible. Luiz was superb in defense and was my MOM. IT was his birthday too. Ake was excellent and has surely cemented a place in this team. Everyone put a shift in and that's why we won. Conte is not happy with Southampton game on Tuesday, so shortly after this match. FA are conspiring to do us up like a kipper. Spurs play Palace next night and have more rest. Southampton game is another important game. We still haven't won anything until we win FA CUP Final and keep ahead of Spurs in Premiership. One game at a time. Concentration is imperative.

Jamie You must be an absolute blast at parties telling everyone they can enjoy the lager but not too much as the hops wasn't really the right type, plus taking umbrage at drinking Budweiser in a Foster's glass.

Edited by dkw

Just now, dkw said:

You must be an absolute blast at parties telling everyone they can enjoy the lager but not too much as the hops wasn't really the right type, plus taking umbrage at drinking Budweiser in a Foster's glass.

You should never drink Budweiser in a Fosters Glass.

I am glad life is so simple for you. We win we are the best. Great. Enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

Its not just about possession. We had more possession v Man United last week but still deserved to lose. Its about intensity, desire and philosophy. Yes they didnt create much, but nor did we. And there was only one team looking like scoring in that second half. The pressed us better and passed better. We scored from a corner and a wonder goal. Briliant for us. But dont let that cover up the general pattern of the game.

Lol. We missed some absolute sitters. The scoreline should have been even worse for them. They were beaten by the better side. Possession and corners mean Jack Sh*t. It's putting the ball in the net that matters and that's exactly what we did.

1 minute ago, jamie#8 said:

You should never drink Budweiser in a Fosters Glass.

I am glad life is so simple for you. We win we are the best. Great. Enjoy it.

Ah, strawman now, going through the full repertoire today then. Miserable sod.

Just now, TheBluesBrother said:

Lol. We missed some absolute sitters. The scoreline should have been even worse for them. They were beaten by the better side. Possession and corners mean Jack Sh*t. It's putting the ball in the net that matters and that's exactly what we did.

We missed some sitters?!

They were competitive end to end games v liverpool. We never absolutely dominated possession. Your talking about a Jose team, so this definitely wouldn't have been the case.

Well that was partly why we struggled so badly in the 2005 and 2007 games at Anfield, because Jose was up against a manager who was also happy to sit back and counter. Rafa conceded all the possession and we struggled to create anything, exactly like Spurs yesterday. The only reason I brought up this is because you said I would be bemoaning our luck in the same situation as Spurs yesterday, which I wouldn't, as I wasn't then. 

And it wasn't just Jose vs him it was Scolari, Grant, Ancelotti aswell (the general Liverpool vs Chelsea rulebook in that period was scraped for the Hiddink games). 

Just now, Argo said:

Well that was partly why we struggled so badly in the 2005 and 2007 games at Anfield, because Jose was up against a manager who was also happy to sit back and counter. Rafa conceded all the possession and we struggled to create anything, exactly like Spurs yesterday. The only reason I brought up this is because you said I would be bemoaning our luck in the same situation as Spurs yesterday, which I wouldn't, as I wasn't then. 

And it wasn't just Jose vs him it was Scolari, Grant, Ancelotti aswell (the general Liverpool vs Chelsea rulebook in that period was scraped for the Hiddink games). 

Honestly, if you was a Spurs fan yesterday, would you feel like you deserved to lose the game?

1 minute ago, jamie#8 said:

We scored from a corner and a wonder goal. Briliant for us. But dont let that cover up the general pattern of the game.

Think of it like a boxing bout.

A boxer can look good for many rounds, but if he can't last the whole 12 rounds and gets sucker punched, TWICE, then you have to admit he was not good enough, not make excuses for him.

Just now, TheBluesBrother said:

Er, how about Costa with an open goal where he headed wide? How about Alonso's shot being blocked when he should have scored?

Plus bats header, should have done much better. He's somehow managed to take a thread full of celebrating beating spuds at Wembley in a semi and turn it into a misery filled bore fest. That's pretty amazing.

Just now, dkw said:

Plus bats header, should have done much better. He's somehow managed to take a thread full of celebrating beating spuds at Wembley in a semi and turn it into a misery filled bore fest. That's pretty amazing.

Take yourself elsewhere then. Nobody is asking you to read/comment.

Well yesterday was interesting. My Spud-supporting housemate and I watched the game together at home with our Liverpool-supporting mate. 

It was tense. He constantly slagged off our players throughout and said our whole team was dirty. But when I mentioned Delle, Vertonghen and Rose as dirty scum he flipped. Told me to f**k off a fair few times (we had had a lot of beer to drink). 

And when that Hazard goal went in he visibly wilted. I went berserk when Matic scored and he looked close to tears. "This was our one chance to win something" etc etc. 

But the icing on the cake was when our Liverpool mate opened up a fresh beer, took one sip and said "Ahhh, clean and crisp. Just like Matic's strike."

Spuddy stormed out of the room. 

Take yourself elsewhere then. Nobody is asking you to read/comment.

How does spurs luck in not having 2 players sent of work into your logic? Or are we to just ignore that.

Just now, jamie#8 said:

No you said you wouldn't be bemoaning the luck. Its a different question.

No I gave an example of when we were in the exact same situation as spurs yesterday but I felt we didn't deserve anything.

City away in December I admit we got the rub of the green and it should have been different, but when we score 4 goals (plus those sitters mentioned by Alonso and Costa) and the opponents didn't even have four serious goal scoring chances I don't see how we were lucky. Possession wise yes second best, tactically? No way. 

1 minute ago, Argo said:

No I gave an example of when we were in the exact same situation as spurs yesterday but I felt we didn't deserve anything.

City away in December I admit we got the rub of the green and it should have been different, but when we score 4 goals (plus those sitters mentioned by Alonso and Costa) and the opponents didn't even have four serious goal scoring chances I don't see how we were lucky. Possession wise yes second best, tactically? No way. 

OK well if we have become a rich man Leicester City, having to sit back and nick games on the break then this is as much an issue as anything else. I don't want to see us play like that, and feel we have the players to not have to.

I genuinely dont know what situations your on about...

Loris handball outside the area, Alli stamp in luiz. 

Edited by dkw