Chelsea vs Spurs (FA CUP) - 22nd April 2017

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, TheBluesBrother said:

So Arsenal it is. Won't be easy as they will be up for winning the cup again. Also El Classico is on tonight. If Real Madrid beat Barca then they will have more or less won the title. Promises a game full of controversy and agression. Get the popcorn ready.

I'd rather play Arsenal than Man City. So all in all happy.

14 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

You sure you are not Tottenham in disguise. Chill man, celebrate, and njoi the win

Sometimes you have to ask yourself what is wrong with some people. They are so overcritical that leads them to say things like: "Yes they didnt create much, but nor did we. And there was only one team looking like scoring in that second half. The pressed us better and passed better. We scored from a corner and a wonder goal. ". They didn't create much but looked like scoring? We scored from a corner and a wonder goal, just like they did but they deserved those goals and we didn't! And still we didn't deserve to win? Having scored two more goals than them? It seems that tactics, which Conte is a master of, is not part of football, you just have to dominate and do fcuk all to create a goal chance to deserve to win. With all their possession we still had as many chances as them, and we scored more goals, is not that enough to say that it was a deserved win? I just don't get it.

10 minutes ago, stevo said:

They may as well just give us the cup. Those w**kers are even bigger melts than their n17 neighbours. 

Hopefully we can erase the memory of "oh it's only ray parlour" this time around... Rather than jinxing ourselves again... Thanks tim. 

19 minutes ago, RMH said:

Sometimes you have to ask yourself what is wrong with some people. They are so overcritical that leads them to say things like: "Yes they didnt create much, but nor did we. And there was only one team looking like scoring in that second half. The pressed us better and passed better. We scored from a corner and a wonder goal. ". They didn't create much but looked like scoring? We scored from a corner and a wonder goal, just like they did but they deserved those goals and we didn't! And still we didn't deserve to win? Having scored two more goals than them? It seems that tactics, which Conte is a master of, is not part of football, you just have to dominate and do fcuk all to create a goal chance to deserve to win. With all their possession we still had as many chances as them, and we scored more goals, is not that enough to say that it was a deserved win? I just don't get it.

Agreed. Having endured for over 20 years, many bad times during the 70's, 80's, it has made me less critical now, and in some respects not so spoilt. :wink:

Edited by Osgood is Good

Went to the game and been involved with my junior football today so haven't had chance to go through this thread. Was there any comical comments when the equalising goals went in? Being at the game everyone around never felt worried about losing. Just wondered if the thread sounded more frustrated and upset with individual players.

Don't understand the logic of conceding 4 goals yet "Deserving" to win the game, they made fundamental defensive errors. Last time I checked defending was also a major part of the game possibly more important then possession and we clearly defended better than Spurs and were rightfully rewarded with a win.

4 hours ago, RMH said:

100% agreed. Incredibly silly to imply they didn't deserve to lose. Well f**k, as we've scored 4 goals, we certainly didn't! NEXT!

What a day that was! Still can't quite believe what I saw. As we were having our pre-match beers in Waterloo, there were rumours filtering in from social media about the team selection which really dampened our mood. Then the tube we were on was full of arrogant Tottenham singing 'Chelsea Rentboys, we're coming for you' (I wonder if they might ever realise the irony in what they are singing...probably not). I have to say as well it was somewhat flat when we arrived in the concourse, but once Willian scored naturally the atmosphere completely changed. Whilst Tottenham dominated possession I felt that we had a decent grip on proceedings and defensively we played pretty well. Possession stats are completely meaningless to me as what really matters is the efficiency with which you use the ball when you have it. The goals that we conceded were both terrific and relaistically speaking not much more could have been done to prevent them, certainly not the second as that was a worldie of cross by Eriksen. I thought Aké and Luiz in particular were very good. Finally I quite enjoyed watching their customary Wembley fire drill unfold, not to mention all the hollow, sanctimonious rubbish that I've seen coming from them on social media today. 

All in all a big, morale boosting victory which I felt the team needed sooner rather than later after the United debacle. I'm hoping that this will give us a psychological edge over them for the Title run-in, starting Tuesday night. I can see that being a difficult game so it's imperative that the players now put the FA Cup joy behind them and focus on getting a much needed victory ahead of Everton away on Sunday. 

8 hours ago, The Brit said:

One would think this is a spurs forum judging by the amount of love and admiration they're getting from some on here

Obviously spurs c**ts that have opened accounts on here. Talking utter sh*t. Can't believe what I've read.

6 hours ago, Devil Dog said:

the media will be bigging up arsene for his last game at arsenal (hope not) willing him to do one over us

if le arse win surely le voyeur remains right? so the FA Cup is a Win-Win situation for CFC :Troll_Face:

i have no idea how anyone could agree with Jenas. he literally said Spur "deserved" to win. yes, he didn't just said they were playing better or more offensive, he literally said they "deserved" to win. think about it, "deserved". i thought it was a universal consensus that football match is won by scoring goals?

Edited by magichat

4 hours ago, magichat said:

i have no idea how anyone could agree with Jenas. he literally said Spur "deserved" to win. yes, he didn't just said they were playing better or more offensive, he literally said they "deserved" to win. think about it, "deserved". i thought it was a universal consensus that football match is won by scoring goals?

Then he back tracked and changed his statement to 'Didn't deserve to lose in that manner' . Too late Jermaine you'd showed your hand and your true feelings.

Was the cherry on the cake though watching him squirm in his seat all agitated, pissing about with his suit jacket.

I think Frank shut him down completely with - 'Chelsea have been here before, they're winners'. Indeed Frank.