Chelsea vs Spurs (FA CUP) - 22nd April 2017

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

5 hours ago, robdog said:

There is a typo in your link...This should work for you

Had a read of their thread on this game. Between the unbelievable amount of swearing it was much of the same nonsense this bloke is speaking.

"We were better", well you lost, so you weren't!!

"They scored 4 from 5 on target", well you scored 2 from 4, whats your point?

"So many decisions went Chelsea's way" first of all that penalty, WAS a penalty, Alderwierald's challenge in the 5th min could have been a red, as could the Ali stamp on Luiz and the Lloris hand ball, which with both nothing was given.

"They scored from a free kick, pen, corner and a fluke long range effort", what's your point, they are all legit goals.

It seems when we lose the majority of us actually accept it and take it on the chin. 90% of them lot will make any kind of excuse... Stop acting like a petulant child and accept the defeat and move on!!

Just watched the game back on iplayer this morning and saw an hilarious clip that i missed first time around.

When Matic scores the wonder strike the camera pans to the crowd and a spud fan is turning to someone and saying:

"Shall we go home."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Fantastic.

19 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

Just see things without the bias

If we lost 4-2 playing like Spurs  everyone would be moaning about how undeserved it was and how lucky the other team were. 

I think we'd be saying that we didn't create enough clear cut chances never mind the possession 

What a day, walking up for breakfast at spoons yesterday morning nervous as f**k, I said to my sons and mates, why can't we be into the opera or something and not football! At least we wouldn't feel like this!! After some refreshments at the green man, and matic wonder strike, I realised how I love this club and the game! Still buzzing and its Sunday morning after having 10 pints or so yesterday, dragged myself to bed at 3am, what a day

34 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

If we lost 4-2 playing like Spurs  everyone would be moaning about how undeserved it was and how lucky the other team were. 

Were you also banging on about how Man.United "dominated" at Stamford Bridge in April 2015?

I'll say now what I said then, there is a massive, massive difference between dominating possession and dominating the match. 

43 minutes ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Rubbish! Did you see him celebrating Willian's goal? He may not be in the best of form but he carried far more threat than Michy and I can see why Conte is playing him. I'm not getting at Michy btw but he has some way to go.,

with fresh hazard and cesc coming in with him in the 70th minute against a tired spuds defense + poch throwing the kitchen sink leaving loads of space? and aside from one good link up play and that header chance i don't remember much from diego yesterday

michy was instrumental in almost all of our counter attacking chances in the first half , including the one which led to willian's fk goal

https://streamable.com/li0rh

To be fair we didn't. We won the game with defending deep and finishing with deadly accuracy.

I get your point but it really doesn't help or matter. On this day our lads succeeded; scored the goals, were solid in own area. Spurs scored two goals that both were a result of some sublime skill. World class goals both of them.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Were you also banging on about how Man.United "dominated" at Stamford Bridge in April 2015?

I'll say now what I said then, there is a massive, massive difference between dominating possession and dominating the match. 

Its not just about dominating possesion. We didnt just decide to sit back and concede possesion like is being said. We tried to press, and tried to play. But couldnt. We didnt play a Counter attacking game. We were just outbattled for the majority of the game. I am calling it as I see it. Happy with the result, hoping with a summer spree next year is different. But please dont tell me Spurs deserved to lose that game in 90 mins.

8 minutes ago, evissy said:

To be fair we didn't. We won the game with defending deep and finishing with deadly accuracy.

I get your point but it really doesn't help or matter. On this day our lads succeeded; scored the goals, were solid in own area. Spurs scored two goals that both were a result of some sublime skill. World class goals both of them.

Look I'm delighted with the result. And would take a horrible win over losing every day. But I just take umbrage to posters who are saying we really deserved to win and are delighted with the performance (not the result). 

I actually dont think our plan was to defend ultra deep and hi the counter attack. I think we tried to press for large parts of the game but some of our players were just half a yard behind. Alonso/Matic.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Well they did deserve to lose, mainly because we scored 4 goals to their 2, glad your happy with the result though.....

Ok because thats how it works isnt it. Every team that wins a football match deserves to win the game. Dear me.

Just now, jamie#8 said:

Ok because thats how it works isnt it. Every team that wins a football match deserves to win the game. Dear me.

YES....That's exactly how it bloody works. What's so hard to understand about that.

11 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

Its not just about dominating possesion. We didnt just decide to sit back and concede possesion like is being said. We tried to press, and tried to play. But couldnt. We didnt play a Counter attacking game. We were just outbattled for the majority of the game. I am calling it as I see it. Happy with the result, hoping with a summer spree next year is different. But please dont tell me Spurs deserved to lose that game in 90 mins.

One game we were lucky to win was at the Ethiad this year, City cut us open at will at times and Courtois had an amazing game. How many chances did Spurs have? Were we at our best? Absolutely not but we certainly weren't outplayed. 

And no, I wouldn't be bemoaning our luck if this game happened in reverse, I would be wondering why we couldn't test the opposite keeper enough or create enough chances. Infact we played the role of Spurs yesterday in most if not all our losses vs Rafa's Liverpool in the 00s, yet I never thought we deserved better in any of those defeats. 

Edited by Argo

1 minute ago, Argo said:

One game we were lucky to win was at the Ethiad this year, City cut us open at will at times and Courtois had an amazing game. How many chances did Spurs have? Were we at our best? Absolutely not but we certainly weren't outplayed. 

And no, I wouldn't be bemoaning our luck if this game happened in reverse, I would be wondering why we couldn't test the opposite keeper enough or creating enough chances. Infact we played the role of Spurs yesterday in most if not all our losses vs Rafa's Liverpool in the 00s, yet I never thought we deserved better in any of those defeats. 

completely different games v liverpool, dont use daft comparisons.

8 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

IMO I believe Chelsea have to concede possession in midfield when they play teams like Spurs. Their midfield is simply more dominating and creative. Chelsea was a little lapse when clearing the ball but I guess that happens when you play deep. If Fabregas was playing the passing would be better and Hazard is a much better outlet who can turn away with one touch.

Kante against 2-3 midfielders is to overpowering if the game is open up. Also Chelsea didn't have the players in Pedro or Willian who can open up a game in one pass, they are more successful in other parts of their game.

Spurs didn't create alot but it's hard to create much against most teams who sit back let alone Chelsea who have been mastered and drilled at it all season.

1 minute ago, jamie#8 said:

whats the saying, 'you cannot reason with fools'

Rather be a fool than a miserable, better than you type berk. Try enjoying beating your rival in a semi final, it's actually acceptable to take pleasure from it you know.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Rather be a fool than a miserable, better than you type berk. Try enjoying beating your rival in a semi final, it's actually acceptable to take pleasure from it you know.

Pleasure in the result, not the performance.

I don't backstab our own fans like some do... I look at us as being a family.. Some family members you like. Some you don't.. But . I have to hold my tongue when, after knocking the filth out 4 2. We have comments of .... The spurs fans language...ON THEIR OWN SITE...and others questioning whether we shoulda played better....i hope no one else in the land reads some of the stuff I THINK I've read.... We did the biz on the pitch.... Fans were good.... Who gives a sh*t whether spuds are going wild on the fighting cock site... Enjoy going to Wembley... Winning... And going back.. Ffs

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

IMO I believe Chelsea have to concede possession in midfield when they play teams like Spurs. Their midfield is simply more dominating and creative. Chelsea was a little lapse when clearing the ball but I guess that happens when you play deep. If Fabregas was playing the passing would be better and Hazard is a much better outlet who can turn away with one touch.

Kante against 2-3 midfielders is to overpowering if the game is open up. Also Chelsea didn't have the players in Pedro or Willian who can open up a game in one pass, they are more successful in other parts of their game.

Spurs didn't create alot but it's hard to create much against most teams who sit back let alone Chelsea who have been mastered and drilled at it all season.

The same Chelsea that hasnt kept a clean sheet in how long?

1 minute ago, jamie#8 said:

completely different games v liverpool, dont use daft comparisons.

Why exactly? Most games vs Rafa's Liverpool we dominated possession but struggled to create any real serious chances, it was the exact same for Spurs yesterday hence why I made the comparison. 

If Spurs deserved to win /draw yesterday then we deserved to win all the games we lost to Liverpool in that period. 

Just now, coco said:

New rules, bonus point for the team with the most possession.

Final score 4-3.

You still lose.

They won the corners too so 4-4, oh and didn't deserve to lose, so we lost 5-4.

But...They lost the "grass" as it was the wrong type, so 5-5 and a penalty shoot out it is.

Just now, Argo said:

Why exactly? Most games vs Rafa's Liverpool we dominated possession but struggled to create any real serious chances, it was the exact same for Spurs yesterday hence why I made the comparison. 

If Spurs deserved to win /draw yesterday then we deserved to win all the games we lost to Liverpool in that period. 

They were competitive end to end games v liverpool. We never absolutely dominated possession. Your talking about a Jose team, so this definitely wouldn't have been the case.