Chelsea vs Spurs (FA CUP) - 22nd April 2017

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

20 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Spurs fans would feel confident, they are playing well and have some excellent players. They are also the in form team and for those reasons its probably why some pundits picked them. Cup is the cup though and form doesn't mean a lot though. TBH with my recent betting history form hasn't done a lot for me fullstop.

Yeah but many of them were over confident, thinking they're better than what they are. They've recently hammered Watford and Bournemouth at home. Two games you'd expect them to win quite emphatically yet the media and dabs suddenly thought they were invincible. 

3 minutes ago, erskblue said:

On a personal note.

My oldest son and I jumped up from our chairs and shouted YES !!! at exactly the same moment when Hazard scored our third yesterday.

Great moment for me.

That sounds pretty cool. Mine tried to lick the TV when Willian took his freekick. Not quite the same

2 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Yeah but many of them were over confident, thinking they're better than what they are. They've recently hammered Watford and Bournemouth at home. Two games you'd expect them to win quite emphatically yet the media and dabs suddenly thought they were invincible. 

Did the media really think they was invincible? Lol Capable of winning the title yes but Chelsea are not invincible either. Are most fans not over confident anyway? Before the game I think most neutrals would of had Spurs as slight favourites and how little changes can make the difference, not sure what was going through Pochs mind to play Son at LWB specially when Davies had been playing well. Conte got one over Poch there because Poch changed his team to match Chelsea which gave them a disadvantage.

A few quotes from the f'ing cock. Luckily we don't have such vicious language on here. Makes RAWK look pretty moderate...

"John Terry looked pleased at the end. I wish someone would castrate him, small mercy. We will never face him again in a Chelsea shirt." 

One of the few without the C word

"Today the chavs had little option but to do that as we outplayed them"

"However, what a bunch of inglorious, lacking in humility, soccer ball, new kit w**ker, russian gangster c£n7s"

And one decent one:

"They started with three nailed on first team players out.

For some reason Poch decided that Davies would start on the bench, (if he picked up a knock why the f**k is he on the bench). Poch changed a winning side.

They have a team where no player has signed up to lose a semi final 4-2, and we have no player on the bench that can come on and make a sh*ts difference to the game.

It hurts me to say it but they were the better team, coached better and have some World class players up front, midfield, defence and at goalkeeper. We do not, but we have some very good ones.

We need to invest in this team and whether we spend big or not is irrelevant but we have to have sufficient strength in depth, something we are lacking in spades."

Some overstating of this spurs dominance in here, courtois barely had a save to make, I'm not even sure spuds had more shots on target than us. They had the ball a lot but did sod all with it, pretty obvious we were happy to concede possession and hit on the break. As for us creating nothing, that's just plain wrong. After our last defeat to them Conte came up with a game plan to beat them, and he did. People have moaned for years about not having a plan b, we have one now. 

44 minutes ago, havelschayes said:

read that costa went straight to the tunnel after the final whistle, didn't celebrate with the players on the pitch / thank the supporters

either he's late for his mandarin class/ he got a knock? either way bats deserve to start on tuesday i thought he did well

That tunnel came shows him first off the pitch and into the dressing room. He looks down, but he often looks like that. My guess is that he didn't like being dropped and he knows he did little once he got on. Missed his one chance to score. 

Diego doesn't appear to be a great team player, I think his ego could be a bit bruised. 

16 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Did the media really think they was invincible? Lol Capable of winning the title yes but Chelsea are not invincible either. Are most fans not over confident anyway? Before the game I think most neutrals would of had Spurs as slight favourites and how little changes can make the difference, not sure what was going through Pochs mind to play Son at LWB specially when Davies had been playing well. Conte got one over Poch there because Poch changed his team to match Chelsea which gave them a disadvantage.

It's not just as simple as them been favourites. There's been media folk saying how they were gonna beat us comfortably and fan wise Jesus don't get me started. I've read stuff from fans all over and they're just gotten arrogant from a few results. Heard things like "London is white" and how they were gonna do us and ruin our season. That's arrogance.

5 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

It's not just as simple as them been favourites. There's been media folk saying how they were gonna beat us comfortably and fan wise Jesus don't get me started. I've read stuff from fans all over and they're just gotten arrogant from a few results. Heard things like "London is white" and how they were gonna do us and ruin our season. That's arrogance.

Yeah I agree it's BS. You know everyone loves the underdog ;).

19 minutes ago, dkw said:

Some overstating of this spurs dominance in here, courtois barely had a save to make, I'm not even sure spuds had more shots on target than us. They had the ball a lot but did sod all with it, pretty obvious we were happy to concede possession and hit on the break. As for us creating nothing, that's just plain wrong. After our last defeat to them Conte came up with a game plan to beat them, and he did. People have moaned for years about not having a plan b, we have one now. 

I think that's how Chelsea have played against the big teams all year and it seems to work. Looked like plan A to me.

17 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Is that including the pen and freekick? What was the stats before the games opened up at 3-2? I ask this because it's obvious there is more room and space for the team winning.

Also what was the percentage of stats from outside the box or inside. Blocked shots etc.

Spurs had 11-1 corners and 13-8 shots so stats can easily be manipulated.

Edited by Ernie_blue

11 hours ago, Don Conte said:

AGAINST CRYSTAL PALACE. WE WEERE BY FAAR THE BETTER TEAM BUT LOST.  Now is not about sexy football that is what the whole race was for now its all about wins. I will take this performance and result in all our remaining fixtures

Yes we were the better team against palace and everyone felt hard done by after game, because we didnt deserve to lose. Im saying I would feel the same as a Spurs fan after yesterday. It pains me to see a spurs team who man for man are now better than us. 

Against City i think it was tactical to sit deep but yesterday I felt we tried to press but they were getting out every time. And we couldnt string three passes together becasue we were pressed with more intensity. I will take the result but I am coming out thinking in 3 games against spurs this season, although we have won twice, we have looked the inferior side on all three occasions.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

DELUDED

3 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

Yes we were the better team against palace and everyone felt hard done by after game, because we didnt deserve to lose. Im saying I would feel the same as a Spurs fan after yesterday. It pains me to see a spurs team who man for man are now better than us. 

Against City i think it was tactical to sit deep but yesterday I felt we tried to press but they were getting out every time. And we couldnt string three passes together becasue we were pressed with more intensity. I will take the result but I am coming out thinking in 3 games against spurs this season, although we have won twice, we have looked the inferior side on all three occasions.

Alright Buzz Killington. Some people just have to have a moan no matter what the situation.

1 hour ago, carrickblue said:

That tunnel came shows him first off the pitch and into the dressing room. He looks down, but he often looks like that. My guess is that he didn't like being dropped and he knows he did little once he got on. Missed his one chance to score. 

Diego doesn't appear to be a great team player, I think his ego could be a bit bruised. 

tbh he looked pretty happy celebrating every goal. I know this, because whoever my broadcaster was spent more time filming diego when willian scored than the players on the pitch

read that costa went straight to the tunnel after the final whistle, didn't celebrate with the players on the pitch / thank the supporters
either he's late for his mandarin class/ he got a knock? either way bats deserve to start on tuesday i thought he did well

Rubbish! Did you see him celebrating Willian's goal? He may not be in the best of form but he carried far more threat than Michy and I can see why Conte is playing him. I'm not getting at Michy btw but he has some way to go.,

5 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

For me Spurs just need to get more players added to the squad and they will be a a even bigger threat soon. Kane has missed alot of this season also. Imagine losing an in form Costa for a big period.

Poch made some managerial mistakes yesterday changing to a back 3 and playing Son at LWB. He should of had more confidence in his own team but maybe he tought Hazard and Costa was playing and tried to match Chelsea. 

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

For me Spurs just need to get more players added to the squad and they will be a a even bigger threat soon. Kane has missed alot of this season also. Imagine losing an in form Costa for a big period.

Poch made some managerial mistakes yesterday changing to a back 3 and playing Son at LWB. He should of had more confidence in his own team but maybe he tought Hazard and Costa was playing and tried to match Chelsea. 

He matched us at White Hart Lane and that worked so wasnt a need to change. In general play you could say it worked too. Dont think the formation has anything to do with them conceding from 3 set pieces and a screamer.

3 minutes ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Rubbish! Did you see him celebrating Willian's goal? He may not be in the best of form but he carried far more threat than Michy and I can see why Conte is playing him. I'm not getting at Michy btw but he has some way to go.,

Saw a different Costa to me. He came on at a great time in the game with more space and when Spurs was chasing the game. He didn't get the best chance of the game on target.

For a man who has barely played and has no faith from the manager i thought Batman looked good against one of the best if not he best defence in the country. He got no service and Hazard and Fab was on the bench.