Chelsea vs Spurs (FA CUP) - 22nd April 2017

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

spurs had a lot of the ball but created one clear chance in 90 minutes of football, which was alli's goal. and even that is charitable given the difficulty of the finish. kane scored a magnificent header that he had no right to do anything with.

so how can anyone say they deserved anything when they conceded four goals, lloris got away with a big handball and costa missed a sitter?

they are a fine side and it might 'feel' uncomfortable when most of the game is played in our half, but ultimately we had the better chances as well as more goals. we attacked better and we defended better. spurs got the beating their performance deserves.

On 23 April 2017 at 11:22, Blueblur said:

Well yesterday was interesting. My Spud-supporting housemate and I watched the game together at home with our Liverpool-supporting mate. 

It was tense. He constantly slagged off our players throughout and said our whole team was dirty. But when I mentioned Delle, Vertonghen and Rose as dirty scum he flipped. Told me to f**k off a fair few times (we had had a lot of beer to drink). 

And when that Hazard goal went in he visibly wilted. I went berserk when Matic scored and he looked close to tears. "This was our one chance to win something" etc etc. 

But the icing on the cake was when our Liverpool mate opened up a fresh beer, took one sip and said "Ahhh, clean and crisp. Just like Matic's strike."

Spuddy stormed out of the room. 

:laugh2:

Your Spud mate sounds like he needs to get a grip though, although he does fit in with his team, reaching like that us exactly why they drew 2-2 with us at the Bridge last season.

11 minutes ago, liamseden said:

What. A. Game !!! great thanks to @Beerqueen who helped me get the tickets. Such a lovely person. I was actually a bit nervous before the game like most of us were. Will definitely come back when i will have the chance to.  Worth the travel from Paris. 

Thought at first you meant that you were nervous about meeting me then!  I think most of us were nervous about the match though.  The second half was definitely a bit nerve racking though on reflection, they had few shots on target.  I'm looking forward to rewatching to watch it properly without the nerves!

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Thought at first you meant that you were nervous about meeting me then!  I think most of us were nervous about the match though.  The second half was definitely a bit nerve racking though on reflection, they had few shots on target.  I'm looking forward to rewatching to watch it properly without the nerves!

I was talking about the game of course :smile:  it was worrying during the game too as we sat behind for a long period and they kept coming back in the score.  Hazard and Fabregas inclusion to the game have killed it though, was relieved after that sublime Matic Goal.  Certainly the goal will be on the nominees for the 2017 Puskas award. Big up to Conte who trusted Ake (he could ahve played J.T). 

I and those I go to the games with were sitting in block 536 of the stadium - we were up in the goods. During the second-half a fight started about 10 rows in front of where we sitting. Could it be Chelsea fans fighting among themselves (I've seen that happen) or could Spurs fans got in our end? This morning I was speaking to another Chelsea fan. She and her husband were in block 535 so not far from we were sitting. She told me that it was Spurs fans. Begs the question: how on earth did Spurs fans get in the Chelsea end? If they were sold the tickets by Chelsea fans it is bloody annoying. If you have ticket(s) and can't go give or sell them to Chelsea fans. There are plenty of us who know Chelsea fans who can't get hold of tickets and would love to go. Also there are plenty of people on here who ask for tickets.

17 minutes ago, Boyne said:

I and those I go to the games with were sitting in block 536 of the stadium - we were up in the goods. During the second-half a fight started about 10 rows in front of where we sitting. Could it be Chelsea fans fighting among themselves (I've seen that happen) or could Spurs fans got in our end? This morning I was speaking to another Chelsea fan. She and her husband were in block 535 so not far from we were sitting. She told me that it was Spurs fans. Begs the question: how on earth did Spurs fans get in the Chelsea end? If they were sold the tickets by Chelsea fans it is bloody annoying. If you have ticket(s) and can't go give or sell them to Chelsea fans. There are plenty of us who know Chelsea fans who can't get hold of tickets and would love to go. Also there are plenty of people on here who ask for tickets.

You sure it wasn't the Club Wembley section? We were in Club Wembley (next to the Chelsea end) and unfortunately that means it's pot luck as to who is sitting near you. On the whole it was fairly good natured with a few hand-shakes and back-slaps but you can see how easily things kick-off when one teams scores and everyone jumps up and celebrates. The Spurs fan I sat behind did have the decency to say cheers mate when he left just after the Matic goal but it was one of those gritted teeth jobs!! 

26 minutes ago, Nibs said:

You sure it wasn't the Club Wembley section? We were in Club Wembley (next to the Chelsea end) and unfortunately that means it's pot luck as to who is sitting near you. On the whole it was fairly good natured with a few hand-shakes and back-slaps but you can see how easily things kick-off when one teams scores and everyone jumps up and celebrates. The Spurs fan I sat behind did have the decency to say cheers mate when he left just after the Matic goal but it was one of those gritted teeth jobs!! 

No. We were a quite a way above the Club Wembley seats. Have to say it was the only trouble I saw in and outside the ground. One of the pubs we were in before the match had Chelsea and Spurs it and there was no trouble. Indeed there was a bit of banter.

3 hours ago, Boyne said:

I was sitting in block 535, the incident you mention happened away to my left and above the block 536 exit. Not sure what was going on to be honest. Fella in a hooped T-Shirt took one on the bugle. I went out to the bog and the bloke was outside with the little girl and a couple of others plus the Police. Not nice for the child to have witnessed such events, she won't understand the rivalries but had to witness grown ups behaving badly and was understandably in tears when she left her seat.

20 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

If the over sensitive Spurs cry baby, finds this offensive and worthy of trying to ruin someone's employment, maybe he could be time travelled back to a Saturday afternoon in the 70's and 80's and experience some real offensive behaviour. How pathetic it is today.

What that Spud chooses to ignore is that Frank wouldn't have just done that without being baited first.

Pretty sure he would have been greeted with some abuse and he responded in the perfect way.

1 hour ago, Blue Exile said:

What that Spud chooses to ignore is that Frank wouldn't have just done that without being baited first.

Pretty sure he would have been greeted with some abuse and he responded in the perfect way.

I heard he was signalling it to Chelsea fans in celebration and not even goading the Spurs fans at all. He posted a video of him in the car surrounded by Chelsea fans, hard to see how any Spurs fans could have even been around. 

17 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

17 hours ago, liamseden said:

I was talking about the game of course :smile:  it was worrying during the game too as we sat behind for a long period and they kept coming back in the score.  Hazard and Fabregas inclusion to the game have killed it though, was relieved after that sublime Matic Goal.  Certainly the goal will be on the nominees for the 2017 Puskas award. Big up to Conte who trusted Ake (he could ahve played J.T). 

any picts of the walk down Wembley lane? I heard the walk for a Cup tie was magical

5 hours ago, BlueAardvarkrule said:

I was sitting in block 535, the incident you mention happened away to my left and above the block 536 exit. Not sure what was going on to be honest. Fella in a hooped T-Shirt took one on the bugle. I went out to the bog and the bloke was outside with the little girl and a couple of others plus the Police. Not nice for the child to have witnessed such events, she won't understand the rivalries but had to witness grown ups behaving badly and was understandably in tears when she left her seat.

I saw the guy in the hooped t-shirt with blood coming from his nose. As you say not nice for the little girl. Hopefully it won't put her off football.

On 24/04/2017 at 12:19, Blueblur said:

Spurs to lose all their remaining fixtures and crash out of the top four, anyone? Massive psychological damage inflicted by us.

I'm going to have a nice lunchtime today, reading all about our victory and talking points on the Guardian, BBC and Telegraph websites. 

And this bit from the Spuds forum...

"But ultimately the football Gods were against us as exemplified in the backward spinning ball, they changed the laws of physics for a split second"

:laugh2:

Yep, they played against Chelsea :)

5 hours ago, robdog said:

any picts of the walk down Wembley lane? I heard the walk for a Cup tie was magical

Sorry no, I'm not a great one for taking photos anyway (though I have got one of Yorkley, Liam and me!) and we didn't actually walk down Wembley way, but cut down the side!

Just now, Beerqueen said:

Sorry no, I'm not a great one for taking photos anyway (though I have got one of Yorkley, Liam and me!) and we didn't actually walk down Wembley way, but cut down the side!

so no magic? :sad: Waitrose scotch at least :P

Oh one extra thing to add, I've never been to a semi-final before at Wembley and was surprised and pleased  that they had our pre-match and post-match songs - i.e. Parklife, Liquidator, Blue is the Colour and of course One Step Beyond!