Chelsea v Derby County August 1983.

4 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I'll kick it off with KC and the Sunshine Band Give It Up. I clearly remember the words being changed to Chelsea's going up going up Chelsea's going up towards the end of the season

Go with that  to start with. Cheers.

Any more ?

9 hours ago, Richard P said:

I was more into dance music and hip hop. So I will go with Kashif, lover come turn me on. Herbie Hancock, Rockit.  The night clobbers will remember the first one!

Kashif, lover come turn me on, now that really is an old night club song, quality music. Another song which reminds me of all those 83 summer signings was the ultimate summer tune, club tropicana! By Wham, Remember my sister had George and Andrew on her bedroom wall while I had a picture of Chelsea's new signings in their training kit.

16 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I'll kick it off with KC and the Sunshine Band Give It Up. I clearly remember the words being changed to Chelsea's going up going up Chelsea's going up towards the end of the season

Remember being in the benches with the old man in 77- the song from the Shed was the promotion ditti...

Going up, going up, going up up up.

Thought it was glorious, glorious, glory us us us....

Just started clubbing in 83. More often than not you’d have to have a collar and tie to get in.

I’ll go Class Action Weekend or New Jersey Connection Love Don’t Come Easy.

Not songs or chants tied to whichever band or bands,but I can never get the terrace chants of >>> come along come along come along and sing this song,were the boys in blue in division 2 and we won’t be here too long <<<

also this one 

>>> were saying goodbye to the 2nd ,to the 2nd to the 2nd and while were saying goodbye to the 2nd were saying hello 

to the 1st to the 1st <<< 

them that were there will know the rest 

Recall going to Barnsley once on the X19 bus from donny.

it was winter time as whoever facking leeds were playing that day their game was called off.

went into the yorkist pub in donny for a quick pint with another donny chelsea lad ,where there was about 10 chelsea 

from the smoke/ Home Counties .

one of the 10 chelsea was a certain mr hickmot ,so it was a lively bunch is fair to say.

we all got on the X19 direct buss to Barnsley and came out of Barnsley bus station basically straight into a pub.

This was around the mid day mark and the pub had doormen at that time due to chelsea been in town I guess.

so half of the 12 chelsea get in  maybe one or two more ,but I was one off the back in the que as the bouncers shut the doors 

on the handfull of us left outside.At this exact moment in time a massive mob of what I think was leeds  just turned no more than 50 yards to our right hand side ,it was that foggy ( maybe that’s why leeds game  was called off ) the fog was like pea soup and you could not clearly work out the size of this mob .

well not untill they all steamed in towards us and as they broke throu the heavy fog it was carnage for us chelsea left outside as we all got kicked to fcuk .

must have been 30/40 or more of the Leeds chaps as they went to town on us.

could never work out if this was a set up with the pub bouncers etc etc when you take into account there was no Mobile phones back then .cant recall the score of the game at all ,just that it was dark,cold and bastard foggy and I just curled up

on the floor after been punched down and this leeds lot played five a side football on us.

well I think it was leeds ,but it could have been Barnsley but I doubt it was a mix of both as them two just did not mix back then unlike doncaster rovers and donnywhites have 

Edited by ddrblue

9 hours ago, ddrblue said:

Recall going to Barnsley once on the X19 bus from donny.

it was winter time as whoever facking leeds were playing that day their game was called off.

went into the yorkist pub in donny for a quick pint with another donny chelsea lad ,where there was about 10 chelsea 

from the smoke/ Home Counties .

one of the 10 chelsea was a certain mr hickmot ,so it was a lively bunch is fair to say.

we all got on the X19 direct buss to Barnsley and came out of Barnsley bus station basically straight into a pub.

This was around the mid day mark and the pub had doormen at that time due to chelsea been in town I guess.

so half of the 12 chelsea get in  maybe one or two more ,but I was one off the back in the que as the bouncers shut the doors 

on the handfull of us left outside.At this exact moment in time a massive mob of what I think was leeds  just turned no more than 50 yards to our right hand side ,it was that foggy ( maybe that’s why leeds game  was called off ) the fog was like pea soup and you could not clearly work out the size of this mob .

well not untill they all steamed in towards us and as they broke throu the heavy fog it was carnage for us chelsea left outside as we all got kicked to fcuk .

must have been 30/40 or more of the Leeds chaps as they went to town on us.

could never work out if this was a set up with the pub bouncers etc etc when you take into account there was no Mobile phones back then .cant recall the score of the game at all ,just that it was dark,cold and bastard foggy and I just curled up

on the floor after been punched down and this leeds lot played five a side football on us.

well I think it was leeds ,but it could have been Barnsley but I doubt it was a mix of both as them two just did not mix back then unlike doncaster rovers and donnywhites have 

Ha! It sounds like you had a tough time one way or another being a Chelsea fan in the early 80s.

I know we’re all supposed to hate Leeds but haven’t got any personal gripe and always respected the way the fans got behind the team.

Good chant by them at the Bridge probably early 2000s when they were in the midst of a barren patch

” We’ll score again, don’t know where don’t know when, but I know we’ll score again some sunny day”

Edited by Ewell CFC

3 hours ago, erskblue said:

Pictured above, it's Brighton away in Sept 83 and King Kerry has just scored the winner.

Look at the support, the spikes on the top of that fence !!

Great away strip .

An infamous Friday night and Saturday in Brighton by all accounts, many a story still being told by Brighton fans to this day.

18 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Nice call,  Ok I'm raising that with a Dreamin'Greg Henderson

Greg Edwards at the Lyceum, Busbys Tottenham Court Rd, Cinderella’s, Samson’s and Drovers on the Old Kent Rd, the Bon Bonnie in Herne Hill, Beebers in Bromley.....

Edit: Eclipse in Coulsdon, Easy St Croydon, Jackson’s in Staines, Flicks Dartford, Hillys at the Sheffield Arms- took a coach party there for my 21st which ended in s massive punch up which made local news, the Daily Star and the Telegraph.

Edited by Ewell CFC

6 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Greg Edwards at the Lyceum, Busbys Tottenham Court Rd, Cinderella’s, Samson’s and Drovers on the Old Kent Rd, the Bon Bonnie in Herne Hill, Beebers in Bromley.....

Edit: Eclipse in Coulsdon, Easy St Croydon, Jackson’s in Staines, Flicks Dartford, Hillys at the Sheffield Arms- took a coach party there for my 21st which ended in s massive punch up which made local news, the Daily Star and the Telegraph.

I used to occasionally frequent the ones in bold above and guess you would also recall Joe Bananas.