Strikers signed during Abramovich era

strider6004

Without looking i doubt i will be able to name all 19, but if i had to rank the ones i can remember i would go:

Drogba
Costa
Crespo
Anelka

I would group these 4 together as the top 4 and most influential in terms of how good they were, and what we won with them in the side.

Then i would group the following 3 together:

Torres
Shevchenko
Mutu

3 Players that showed flashes of brilliance for us, but it didn't work out for one reason or another

Then finally i would group together:

Morata
Falcao
Pato

As 3 players we should never have even bothered with signing.

Obviously i know that  isn't the full 19 and I know people will disagree with some of my placements but it is just my opinion:smile:

10 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

You missed Demba Ba and for me Mutu actually did ok until his drugs problem became an issue and then he was dropped.

I think Morata needs to be grouped with Torres, at least he was decent for a while.

I think Morata needs to go for a night out with Mutu, it might liven him up !

• 4 months later...

Interesting list. Anelka was somewhat underrated and had an outstanding season in 2008/2009 (when Scolari and Hiddink were managing us).

I think Drogba and Costa have been our best strikers in the Abramovich era by a country mile.

Good to see Ba and Eto'o fairly high on the list. While they were not first choice strikers, their numbers are decent.

Archived