What is everyone’s thoughts on this so far from what’s been released? The Volta game type seems like a pretty cool addition I have to admit. I still don’t feel there’s been enough movement on career mode which is what I play to justify the money they want. 

I am interested to see how our team shapes up though so pretty torn this year! 

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on this so far from what’s been released? The Volta game type seems like a pretty cool addition I have to admit. I still don’t feel there’s been enough movement on career mode which is what I play to justify the money they want. 

I am interested to see how our team shapes up though so pretty torn this year! 

I am torn too. The cosmetic stuff that they are changing with career mode (custom managers, press conferences) does not really appeal to me, but i like the sound of players having dynamic potential in career mode, rather than having a pre-determined potential like they do at the mo.

Interested to see what you would change with Career mode? I have a few ideas lol. 

57 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

I am torn too. The cosmetic stuff that they are changing with career mode (custom managers, press conferences) does not really appeal to me, but i like the sound of players having dynamic potential in career mode, rather than having a pre-determined potential like they do at the mo.

Interested to see what you would change with Career mode? I have a few ideas lol. 

- A huge start for me would br fixing things like transfers, spread payments, buy and loan back, optional fees after a loan etc etc. It would just add to the authenticity of the game.

- I think certain features that football manager has such as having your own coaching staff, making board requests to expand the stadium etc. Also choose sponsors and customise strips (within reason) in future season instead of wearing the same strip for 20 seasons.

- When you send players on loan, actually track their performance for the club they’re at, at the moment their appearances etc all just stay on 0 no matter what.

- Addition of the youth leagues, I.e. the U23/U19 teams, even if they’re not playable but it gives access to talented youth and lets you see the players develop.

- better training, when I’m training my youth player who’s a 55 in the youth team, why is he attacking against my best defenders in Azpilicueta and Rudiger, shouldn’t he be training against the fellow youth team players? 

Thats a few just off the top of my head, I’m sure I could come up with more if I thought long and hard about it. What are yours? 

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

- A huge start for me would br fixing things like transfers, spread payments, buy and loan back, optional fees after a loan etc etc. It would just add to the authenticity of the game.

- I think certain features that football manager has such as having your own coaching staff, making board requests to expand the stadium etc. Also choose sponsors and customise strips (within reason) in future season instead of wearing the same strip for 20 seasons.

- When you send players on loan, actually track their performance for the club they’re at, at the moment their appearances etc all just stay on 0 no matter what.

- Addition of the youth leagues, I.e. the U23/U19 teams, even if they’re not playable but it gives access to talented youth and lets you see the players develop.

- better training, when I’m training my youth player who’s a 55 in the youth team, why is he attacking against my best defenders in Azpilicueta and Rudiger, shouldn’t he be training against the fellow youth team players? 

Thats a few just off the top of my head, I’m sure I could come up with more if I thought long and hard about it. What are yours? 

They are all fair points. I particularly agree with the first 3.

A few of mine would be:

- Manager's getting sacked and moving around
- The scheduling (I had it a few times last season where i would have games on the tuesday, thursday, and then the saturday)
- Ability to start a save according to real life fixtures and data (so if it is December 1st in real life, you have the option to start your save from December 1st with how the leagues are in real life)
-Ability to manage as real managers
-Madden games have a feature that set you certain goals for certain players (X to throw 15 Touchdown passes). Something like this could be added to FIFA

23 hours ago, drjonesy1994 said:

They are all fair points. I particularly agree with the first 3.

A few of mine would be:

- Manager's getting sacked and moving around
- The scheduling (I had it a few times last season where i would have games on the tuesday, thursday, and then the saturday)
- Ability to start a save according to real life fixtures and data (so if it is December 1st in real life, you have the option to start your save from December 1st with how the leagues are in real life)
-Ability to manage as real managers
-Madden games have a feature that set you certain goals for certain players (X to throw 15 Touchdown passes). Something like this could be added to FIFA

I think I read somewhere that the scheduling has been sorted this year so that’s something.

on the subject of madden I think their training system is much better where you train the whole team instead of only being able to pick 5 players/drills to use on Fifa. Even if you could train the whole team and then focus on those 5 players/drills.

As it stands I’ll probably hold off until it goes in the Jan sales with Madden for £25/30. It’ll depend on the gameplay on the demo though, as I feel the pace of the game is really slow and the fact you have Cahill able to catch sterling etc is ridiculous on ‘18.

• 2 weeks later...

On 30/08/2019 at 14:17, Malcolm9 said:

For me FIFA has gotten progressively worse in the gameplay department, until EA change that I'll stick PES which gets better and better each year and plays a better game of footy.

I found a couple of years back with one of their big groundbreaking gameplay releases to make the game more attacking the just made defending a complete ball ache. 

Ivanovic could still be playing for us if football was like last years FIFA, he’d have been able to keep up with Lewis Hamilton driving around Silverstone. 

22 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

The only problem I find with that is the unofficial’ness of it, which is why I think Fifa has always been the leader out the two. I think Fifa is much more in-depth.

Fifa is undoubtedly a lot more refined overall, though unfortunately it seems to fall short on one of the most important aspects - gameplay.

If you're on PS4 or PC, you can easily import option files (that are incredibly in-depth nowadays) to get all of the licensed leagues and teams on PES, as early as release day. I'll probably do that this year for a change.

Edited by Amputechture
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Here’s the Chelsea players ratings.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/09/12/revealed--official-fifa-20-ratings-for-every-chelsea-player-?cardIndex=0-1

Loftus Cheek 79, Mount 75, Hudson Odoi 74. The squad seems to be criminally underrated.

I would have had Loftus Cheek around 82/83, Hudson Odoi 78, Mount 79. 

because of this, I have bought PES 2019 to give it a shot - fuck EA Sports & the donkey they ride on

2 hours ago, robdog said:

at the lower left hand corner it shows "Playstation only" - dude I am on a Xbox 1 :slap_face: 

I’m saying nothing!

It looks like EA will get my money this year mainly for FUT. 

Played the demo and the Fifa Street is just exactly the same as the Basketball court thing from Fifa 19, so a lazy add on for them to do on this one.

Seeing Frank strutting around the sidelines in a suit looks pretty good after controlling him on the pitch for years.