On 31/08/2019 at 11:29, Amputechture said:

I've been playing fifa for the past decade or so. Tried the PES 2020 demo and was pretty amazed with the gameplay to be honest. It's a totally different feel to fifa and to me it feels a lot smoother and more realistic. Definitely took some getting used to though.

There's something about PES, it just feels like there are different ways things happen in the game, from the way you score, the players running angles to just the movement of the ball. 

FIFA feels quite repetitive and dull in how it plays for some reason. It's quicker but PES is somehow more satisfying. 

BUT, pes is ruined by the dreary, dated look, the lack of licensing and the absolutely ear-bleedingly awful commentary from Jem Beglin especially. 

The visual side of PES ruins the game for me. You'd think it'd be so easy to fix. Just get a new face in the graphics design team or whatever it is they have in these companies and make it look fresh, modern, etc, etc.

They go with the same depressing rubbish every time which looks like it's from 2005 and switch up one or two colours. 

FIFA on the other hand actually feels 'alive' because of the non-gameplay factors and presentation. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have defected and gone for PES instead of FIFA this year. I primarily play career mode and it seems that CM has been released with a huge amount of bugs. Things like teams playing their third choice 11, and on some peoples saves this has resulted in big teams like Liverpool and Man City getting relegated. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they patched anything in time for the release - but it seems that peoples complaints are falling on deaf ears. Other bugs are glitches like a player that you have bid for randomly appearing on the pitch, games on the same day or a day apart. After being promised so much to career mode it seems they have underdelivered, big time.

I might pick it up in the new year or ask for it for christmas, but only if career mode gets a full patch and these errors are eradicated. 

I have so far avoided it and if it’s like you say @drjonesy1994 then I shall continue to. Apart from occasionally playing a mate online I go for career mode too (just can’t get in to the Ultimate Team bollocks despite my best efforts).  

Sounds like typical EA to me, I already boycott all their other games and FIFA looks to be getting added to that list. 

1 hour ago, drjonesy1994 said:

I have defected and gone for PES instead of FIFA this year. I primarily play career mode and it seems that CM has been released with a huge amount of bugs. Things like teams playing their third choice 11, and on some peoples saves this has resulted in big teams like Liverpool and Man City getting relegated. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they patched anything in time for the release - but it seems that peoples complaints are falling on deaf ears. Other bugs are glitches like a player that you have bid for randomly appearing on the pitch, games on the same day or a day apart. After being promised so much to career mode it seems they have underdelivered, big time.

I might pick it up in the new year or ask for it for christmas, but only if career mode gets a full patch and these errors are eradicated. 

EA as a company are the textbook definition of greed. Career mode doesn't generate enough money for them, where in ultimate team there are literally millions spent just in that game mode. It's a shame because CM has a lot of potential, but all EA see is the $ sign in front of ultimate team.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I asked my buddy what he thought of the game and all he said was "disappointing" -- it was that moment that I knew I was skipping over FIFA 20. I've never played PES but I've been thinking about it more and more. How does it compare to FIFA? 

the crowd noise is not the same - many european sides do not have the correct names - on the xBox, the shoot is the X instead of the B - but it's still fun to play - also play a South American side as well - IMHO PES is more geared for the South American sides

20 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I asked my buddy what he thought of the game and all he said was "disappointing" -- it was that moment that I knew I was skipping over FIFA 20. I've never played PES but I've been thinking about it more and more. How does it compare to FIFA? 

It's ok - bit frustrating sometimes, but satisying at other times. If you have PS4 you can get a file to get all the correct kits and team names. 

1 hour ago, drjonesy1994 said:

It's ok - bit frustrating sometimes, but satisying at other times. If you have PS4 you can get a file to get all the correct kits and team names. 

or the PC version - I know with skyrim the PC mods are the best - I am sure it's the same with PES - I still don't like running with London FC, but I love it when I beat Man Blue :Troll_Face:

• 5 months later...

Bought fifa today, don't really like buying footie games as i find they're frustrating rather than fun but seeing as the one i've got is fifa 16 I thought i'd update. Wish i hadn't bothered, what an absolute sh*t-show it is! Literally every match mechanic is f**ked, controls and play is slow and clunky, shooting and movement is all over the place!. And what the hell is with the bullsh*t silent cutscenes to negotiate transfers and contracts? what a waste of time! How the hell do they get away with releasing such a poor product? Thank f**k I paid "only" £30 for it!

16 hours ago, jack h said:

Bought fifa today, don't really like buying footie games as i find they're frustrating rather than fun but seeing as the one i've got is fifa 16 I thought i'd update. Wish i hadn't bothered, what an absolute sh*t-show it is! Literally every match mechanic is f**ked, controls and play is slow and clunky, shooting and movement is all over the place!. And what the hell is with the bullsh*t silent cutscenes to negotiate transfers and contracts? what a waste of time! How the hell do they get away with releasing such a poor product? Thank f**k I paid "only" £30 for it!

The problem with FIFA is they have to release a ‘new’ game every year so they have to keep f**king about with it and adding new features. They couldn’t possibly release a cheaper update for a few years whilst working on a decent proper upgrade to the current game, think of the money!

22 hours ago, Munkworth said:

The problem with FIFA is they have to release a ‘new’ game every year so they have to keep f**king about with it and adding new features. They couldn’t possibly release a cheaper update for a few years whilst working on a decent proper upgrade to the current game, think of the money!

Agreed. To be honest, probably the main reason I bought it was for the updated squads and to use our new youngsters! The gameplay is such utter, utter sh*te though that ill be going back to fifa 16 which has many problems as well but is seemingly a 10/10 in comparison!

1 hour ago, jack h said:

Agreed. To be honest, probably the main reason I bought it was for the updated squads and to use our new youngsters! The gameplay is such utter, utter sh*te though that ill be going back to fifa 16 which has many problems as well but is seemingly a 10/10 in comparison!

The same reasons why I’ve never moved on from Football Manager 2010 :laugh2: