20 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I just hope we sign Sancho, someone that is a real LB (props to Azpili that is having a good season though) and a striker.

Those 3 signings could cost more than 150m but that is the bare minimum that the squad needs for sure.

Having 3 wingers for next season (CHO,Pulisic,Sancho) is very risky so maybe the club should buyback Boga for maybe less than 15m just so that the squad has enough depth for all the competitions, unless Mount plays wide as well when needed.

See what you mean about price, £60m being quoted for Dembele.

43 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

See what you mean about price, £60m being quoted for Dembele.

Sancho 100m 

Any decent striker e.g. Dembele 60m

Any good LB at least 50m

Considering that we didn't buy anyone last summer and in January, we should be able to spend 200m, we can sell for example Barkley for 20m

Just now, Gol15 said:

Sancho 100m 

Any decent striker e.g. Dembele 60m

Any good LB at least 50m

Considering that we didn't buy anyone last summer and in January, we should be able to spend 200m, we can sell for example Barkley for 20m

Apparently Jorginho wanted to link up with Sarri yet because of the ban we would not let him go, so expect him to move on.

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Eyeing up trying to get in the Italy squad for the next world cup:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1238570/Jorginho-Chelsea-transfer-Juventus-Maurizio-Sarri

Didn't he make a fuss in the summer about proving his worth without Sarri so he's known for being more than just "Sarri's boy" or something to that effect?

1 minute ago, Barry Bridges said:

Didn't he make a fuss in the summer about proving his worth without Sarri so he's known for being more than just "Sarri's boy" or something to that effect?

Yes I heard both stories last summer so a bit hard to know which is true, the logic with Italy and the WC seems to be good.

26 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Yes I heard both stories last summer so a bit hard to know which is true, the logic with Italy and the WC seems to be good.

Cd be something to it though i can’t trust a word that rag prints. As for the proving his worth away from Sarri’s shadow -  he’s probably just about done enough, no?

50 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Apparently Jorginho wanted to link up with Sarri yet because of the ban we would not let him go, so expect him to move on.

Jorginho can be sold for 60-70m which would help with buying a LB or a stiker but then the midfield would become much weaker in return. It's a double edge sword as our backline and keeper are already shaky. But maybe Lampard can do what Klopp did, first invest in the attack you really prefer, then in defense a year later.

43 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Eyeing up trying to get in the Italy squad for the next world cup:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1238570/Jorginho-Chelsea-transfer-Juventus-Maurizio-Sarri

Fair enough. Would be very happy to give him to Juve. Their midfield hasn't been great so far this year. Rabiot and Ramsey have made little impact. Can was sold and Khedira and Matuidi are both getting on. Seems like Pjanic and Bentancur are propping it all up.

We on the other hand would do well to remove him so we can play the best defensive midfielder in Europe in his proper position and maybe have some protection/cover when teams counter.

43 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Fair enough. Would be very happy to give him to Juve. Their midfield hasn't been great so far this year. Rabiot and Ramsey have made little impact. Can was sold and Khedira and Matuidi are both getting on. Seems like Pjanic and Bentancur are propping it all up.

We on the other hand would do well to remove him so we can play the best defensive midfielder in Europe in his proper position and maybe have some protection/cover when teams counter.

TBH I'm not sure we would be stronger what Jorgy lacks in physical prowess he seems to compensate for by organising the rest of the team and links up better with other players. 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Cd be something to it though i can’t trust a word that rag prints. As for the proving his worth away from Sarri’s shadow -  he’s probably just about done enough, no?

Yes I agree it pays to be sceptical of the tabloids yet what do you consider to be a good source these days when the quality ones are behind paywalls?

At least if this stimulates someone to quote from a secondary source that helps us all learn a bit more.

5 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

This is how it might go in the summer

Frank £150m cash reserve

Outs:   Ins:
Pedro - free   Ben Clark - £35m
Willian - free   Zaha - free
Giroud - free   Dembele - £35m
Alonso - £8m   Nick Pope - £40m
Kepa - £15m   Box to Box m/f - £50m who?
Christensen - £40m   Total £160m 
Jorginho - £40m    
Azpi - £8m    
Total £111m    Remaining cash reserve £101m

Why would Zaha be free? 

Pope for £40m seems extremely excessive. 3rd highest ever price for a keeper. 

Also who is Ben clark?

Who is going to be back up to James if azpi is sold? 

Alonso £8m, and Kepa £15m? Both worth double, even if they are forced out.

So many questions with this post mate. 

35 minutes ago, big blue said:

Why would Zaha be free? 

Pope for £40m seems extremely excessive. 3rd highest ever price for a keeper. 

Also who is Ben clark?

Who is going to be back up to James if azpi is sold? 

Alonso £8m, and Kepa £15m? Both worth double, even if they are forced out.

So many questions with this post mate. 

I thought Zaha was in his last year of his contract?

Pope - well they will try and hold us to ransom unless DD regains form.

Ben Clark - might have the wrong name - Leeds left back.

Good point on Azpi think Frank will look to use a centre back or development squad.

Alonso and Kepa will depend on supply and demand as always and hopefully would go for more yet if the market senses we are desperate to sell Kepa it will be a big loss IMO.

11 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

TBH I'm not sure we would be stronger what Jorgy lacks in physical prowess he seems to compensate for by organising the rest of the team and links up better with other players. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one Strider. No end of organising makes up for being too slow to cover counters effectively.

Jorginho to Juventus is such a cheap transfer rumour, the man said himself he didn't want be known as a Sarri player, and to be honest he's better this year without Sarri. The so called 150M ( even if it's true), we get 2-3 quality players with that, and that's not counting rival clubs entering a bidding contest with us. I reckon we put all the eggs in the basket for next window, and it won't be easy either, especially if we are not in the CL.

21 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Jorginho to Juventus is such a cheap transfer rumour, the man said himself he didn't want be known as a Sarri player, and to be honest he's better this year without Sarri. The so called 150M ( even if it's true), we get 2-3 quality players with that, and that's not counting rival clubs entering a bidding contest with us. I reckon we put all the eggs in the basket for next window, and it won't be easy either, especially if we are not in the CL.

The thing is I don't think Jorginho will sit on the bench long before he decides to move.

• 2 weeks later...

LB: Lodi (Atletico Madrid), Grimaldo (SL Benfica), Guerrerio (Borrusia Dortmund), Chilwell (Leicester City)

CB: Romagnoli (AC Milan), Mancini (AS Roma), Dias (SL Benfica), Umtiti (FC Barcelona)

CMÑíguez/Saúl (Atletico Madrid), Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.), Kessie (AC Milan), Milinkovic-Savic (SS Lazio)

AM: Rebić (AC Milan), Havertz (Bayer 04 Leverkusen)

W: Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)

F: Depay (Olympique Lyonnais), Werner (RB Leipzig), Martínez (Inter Milan), Belotti (Torino FC), Barbosa (Clube de Regatas do Flamengo), Jović (Real Madrid)

Sign 1 from each position and we're good.

On 19/02/2020 at 22:16, Gol15 said:

LB: Lodi (Atletico Madrid), Grimaldo (SL Benfica), Guerrerio (Borrusia Dortmund), Chilwell (Leicester City)

CB: Romagnoli (AC Milan), Mancini (AS Roma), Dias (SL Benfica), Umtiti (FC Barcelona)

CMÑíguez/Saúl (Atletico Madrid), Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.), Kessie (AC Milan), Milinkovic-Savic (SS Lazio)

F: Depay (Olympique Lyonnais), Werner (RB Leipzig), Martínez (Inter Milan), Belotti (Torino FC), Barbosa (Clube de Regatas do Flamengo), Jović (Real Madrid)

Nice list, although i doubt we will bring in an attacking midfielder having already secured Ziyech.

No chance of doing all of that in 1 window though. 

If we can get a left back, a forward, and hopefully sancho, then i would hold off on centre back and centre midfield for a season, and just see what sort of an impact the new signings make, and whether RLC, and one or 2 others like tomori and Ampadu can make the step up to the required level.

If we are taking our chances and scoring goals regularly, it would take alot of pressure off the defence, and centre midfield. 

On 19/02/2020 at 22:16, Gol15 said:

LB - Telles around 40m

CB - Romagnoli, can do some sort of swap deal with Milan as they wanted to sign Christensen in jan

CM - Savic

AM - Havertz.. But highly doubt we will sign him

W - Sancho, obvious

F - Werner or Jovic for me. Though highly doubt Jovic would be a permanent move as Madrid just bought him