14 hours ago, dkw said:

Not according to this he didn't.. 

"In terms of being involved, in looking at new players, talking about whether to extend players’ contracts, do we buy this player, do we sell this player, [Abramovich] was always intimately involved in that from day one and is just as intimately involved now.

“He talks to Marina [Granovskaia] – the board member who supervises the football operation – several times a day, every day. Marina has been doing that for seven or eight years; that hasn’t let up or changed at all.”

The important word in all of that is "supervises". Roman runs the club, that's it. 

But that doesn't fit with the simplistic, misogynistic line that "The little lady doesn't know football and she doesn't know what she is doing, and Roman has given her total control, what the f**k does he know about anything?"  Anyway,it said it in the Stannar, so it MUST be true.

Shocker. yorkleyblue jumps into a discussion with no interest in discussing the case but bless us with one of his "hot-takes".

No one but you used the word "little lady" of course.

Edited by Sindre
1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

We still replaced him though. We knew he was going and chose to replace him with hazard. You literally can’t say we never had a chance to replace him when we signed an up and coming left side wide player from a top team for 60m!

this point we never had a chance to replace hazard is bull. We did. We chose pulisic. Everyone knew hazard was going a year ago. Who else would we have got? 

Even if Pulisic's January deal was the direct replacement for Hazard, it's still a downgrade, which is in line with all the criticism the club has come under regarding their recent transfer business. Plus, you assume Pulisic came to replace the Belgian, but that may not have been the case, we may have followed him for a long time and him being a US team captain and the most marketable American player may have been the actual reason for the signing. The club had no idea at the time that they'll be banned from signing new players in the summer, they were hoping to get new signings in while the appeal is being considered as it was the case with other clubs in the past so FIFA's verdict that put a stop to those plans came as a shock. So we sold Hazard because we had to but were unable to bring anybody in during the summer window.

And even if directly replacing a player of Hazard's quality was impossible anyway, being able to strengthen the squad in the summer would still go a long way of compensating his departure, if those signings upgraded the team, so adding quality in other areas could have soften the blow of losing Eden.

Edited by abramovich

Hazard has 1 goal and 1 assist this season. He’s overweight and clearly doesn’t give a sh*t anymore. What are Pulisic’s stats? If you look further than the end of your nose (is this even a saying? Makes sense in this context?) you realise Pulisic is actually an upgrade in the long term.

13 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Hazard has 1 goal and 1 assist this season. He’s overweight and clearly doesn’t give a sh*t anymore. What are Pulisic’s stats? If you look further than the end of your nose (is this even a saying? Makes sense in this context?) you realise Pulisic is actually an upgrade in the long term.

Pulisic never will be an upgrade on Hazard. Eden was a special player and if he was still here we’d be in top 3 comfortably. Pulisic never will become as good as him.

9 hours ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

No the idea top players will come here without cl football is ludicrous and laughable. 

Yet top/big players already in CL and could have gone to other clubs in CL keep going to teams out of it.

What's you're definition of 'top' player anyway? If you're referring to the likes of Neymar and Mbappe we don't have a cat in hells chance of signing them even if we win the CL. Out of all the signings we've made in the last decade I think the only one that was dependant on CL football was Hazard, the rest we would have got with or without.

Whatever happens Frank needs to stay humble, remember he's under-qualified for the job, and keep his thoughts to himself, rather than go bitching to the press. He's the manager, he's paid to get the best out of his squad, it's up to the board to get transfers done, and if they couldn't do it this window, he mustn't let it sour our season or his relationship with them, because that will only make us all suffer and he'll end up out of work. Every manager wants to improve their squad, you don't always get what you want, hopefully Frank is a bit more mature than some of our previous incumbents and has his eye on the long game. It would make a nice change.

Also, to those bemoaning the fact we're yet to sign someone, either in this window or last, that doesn't tell the full story. Pulisic arrived, we signed Kovacic, Zouma returned. Those are three signings straightaway and most clubs would be happy with those. Reece James has entered the scene, Mason Mount, Tomori, Callum. We signed last season's top scorer in the Championship and so far he's got 15 goals. We didn't sign him but you get my point. These are all new players and they're pretty good ones. Ruben's returning.

There's room for improvement in our squad but it's not all doom and gloom, not by a long shot. Frank needs to stay positive. If the deals weren't there to be done, or we couldn't get the players we wanted, we'll leave it to the summer, and hopefully we'll learn our lessons and bring in real quality. All season long Frank's been saying we won't just bring players in for the sake of it, he's said he only wants players that will improve us. If we have to bide our time so be it, and I hope Frank remembers what he's said all along, rather than trying to absolve himself of any responsibility. 

Any complaints he has should be kept in-house. He needs to be professional and not start upsetting the suits above him, otherwise I'm afraid we'll all pay the consequences.

13 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

There's room for improvement in our squad but it's not all doom and gloom, not by a long shot. Frank needs to stay positive.

If Abraham is out for a while now or gets injured later this season it's very doom and gloom.

We struggle to score as it is and that's why Lampard wanted to bring goalscorers in this window. To push for top 4 and have a go at it in the CL.
He'll be bitterly disappointed he didn't get it. Post-Hull he came across as desperate for someone with goals in them and now it doesn't look like it will happen.

There has been a lot of names mentioned related to Chelsea during this window. We don't know which are real and which rumours. All the same the facts remain:

1. There was a clear need for at least a striker (very clearly indicated by Frank as well).

2. We will not get any signings during this window.

I think the performance of the board (or Marina or whoever responsible for these things) has been very poor. It seems that the board is not supporting Frank (like it didn't Sarri nor Conte). What is going on?

2 hours ago, abramovich said:

Even if Pulisic's January deal was the direct replacement for Hazard, it's still a downgrade, which is in line with all the criticism the club has come under regarding their recent transfer business.

To be fair other than 2 or 3 players who are certainly out of our reach who wouldn't have been a downgrade on him?

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Shocker. yorkleyblue jumps into a discussion with no interest in discussing the case but bless us with one of his "hot-takes".

No one but you used the word "little lady" of course.

Probably a pre-emptive strike by Yorkley, in view of some past posts slating Granovskaia (can't stand the British habit of mentioning people they don't even know by their first name). More than one of those posts had an unpleasant whiff of mysogyny.

15 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Probably a pre-emptive strike by Yorkley, in view of some past posts slating Granovskaia (can't stand the British habit of mentioning people they don't even know by their first name). More than one of those posts had an unpleasant whiff of mysogyny.

I have never.

And no-one else was either in this thread so what was the point of bringing up words like that in the same sentence as her in the first place?

It's doesn't add anything to the discussion outside of earning some "points" with his supporters.

As i said, no interest in discussing the case. Like most of the time.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Looks like the hunt is over.
No transfers and Giroud stays.

Lampard's press conference in a couple of hours could be interesting. Should take the diplomatic approach for his and everyone's sake but lets see if he's able to hide his frustration.

Given up already? 

19 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I have never.

And no-one else was either in this thread so what was the point of bringing up words like that in the same sentence as her in the first place?

It's doesn't add anything to the discussion outside of earning some "points" with his supporters.

Nobody accused you of anything, so chill. And as I said: pre-emptive. You're the one discussing by questioning Yorkley's post. That is fine, just like it's fine for me to try and give my thoughts on it.

Moving on...

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Pulisic never will be an upgrade on Hazard. Eden was a special player and if he was still here we’d be in top 3 comfortably. Pulisic never will become as good as him.

Yes Eden was special, however you cant state the CP will never be as good, he is still only 21 ffs has shown great glimpses of what he can do, yes he will be a different player and a different style but he could become just as influential 

4 minutes ago, evissy said:

Weird behaviour from our managers towards the club to be honest. Or is just something they do for fans... Manager is on fans side.

Think It's A Mix Of Both Fans And Themselves, They Want To Make A Better Name For Themselves, But They Also Want The Fans To Be Happy Too

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah, that guy who was playing really well scoring a hat trick is someone no one remembers. 

I never said he was a bad player, in fact I quite like him. I said he's a downgrade to Hazard, and it's true.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

To be fair other than 2 or 3 players who are certainly out of our reach who wouldn't have been a downgrade on him?

That's why I mentioned that 

And even if directly replacing a player of Hazard's quality was impossible anyway, being able to strengthen the squad in the summer would still go a long way of compensating his departure, if those signings upgraded the team, so adding quality in other areas could have soften the blow of losing Eden.

13 minutes ago, evissy said:

Weird behaviour from our managers towards the club to be honest. Or is just something they do for fans... Manager is on fans side.

Maybe it's time to realize the board might be the issue since almost all of our last 4-5 managers have had massive issues with them.

Lampard is just the last in a line of many and he's become frustrated in record time suggesting the club/board is just getting worse.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

I have never.

I have no interest in discussing the sort of relentless whining that you and those like you post, pontificating in barely-disguised misogynistic terms based on whatever negative click-bait headline you can find that disparages the club, the board,or the scapegoat player who happens to be the butt of your irrational ire at any particular time.  The discussion and explicitly your contribution to it focus not on whether this is an extremely successful business person, working within the framework of a properly constituted board environment, but, in fact, focuses solely on the fact that she is a woman and isn't doing exactly what you, with all of your international success in business and high finance, think she should be doing, without you having even the faintest knowledge of anything.

Neither you nor I ,  nor anyone else in this forum know a single fact about what is or isn't going on, but you find it necessary to trawl the internet to find negative  articles about us.

I wish people would stop quoting your inanities, because then I wouldn't have to sully myself with reading them.

13 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

The discussion and explicitly your contribution to it focus not on whether this is an extremely successful business person, working within the framework of a properly constituted board environment, but, in fact, focuses solely on the fact that she is a woman

You really are a lying twat aren't you.

Or how about you defend yourself and explain where i solely focuse on the fact that she's a woman or you should get banned for the lying and smearing you continue to do.

Over to you @coco

Edited by Sindre