Jump to content

Kev56

Next window

Recommended Posts

As the January window is approaching, if we are allowed, would you -

a- like us to go and spend a shed load of our accumulated transfer pot.

b- one or two in selected positions.

c- ignore January and wait till the summer.

d- hope we don’t spend and keep with our in house system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all i actually do think the ban will be reduced to one window and that we will be able to buy in january.

It's C for me but i would possibly have a look at the opportunity to do a "Pulisic-deal" for Jadon Sancho if at all possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully having Rudiger, RLC and a fully fit Kante back and available in January would seem like 3 brand new signings.

I would say wait for the summer to make any further additions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said C, but realistically I feel like I know what I want and that won't change come the Summer. 

Chilwell and Sancho. Throw the cheque book at that either in Jan or the Summer. Don't worry about anything else.  

Edited by bisright1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top signings are rarely made in January, but ultimately if the ban is reduced to one window, it's up to Frank to decide what he wants to do. It's easy to say now let's not do anything till summer, but it's a long season and if there's a transfer that can be done in January that can help us now and it's doable, why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First of all i actually do think the ban will be reduced to one window and that we will be able to buy in january.
It's C for me but i would possibly have a look at the opportunity to do a "Pulisic-deal" for Jadon Sancho if at all possible.
I don't think it will be reduced. Its not like we marginally bent the rules. We committed more offences than the average Irishman in Botany Bay. We should be taking the punishment and moving on. Its not like we are going to do much business on January anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, loz said:
1 hour ago, Sindre said:
First of all i actually do think the ban will be reduced to one window and that we will be able to buy in january.
It's C for me but i would possibly have a look at the opportunity to do a "Pulisic-deal" for Jadon Sancho if at all possible.

I don't think it will be reduced. Its not like we marginally bent the rules. We committed more offences than the average Irishman in Botany Bay. We should be taking the punishment and moving on. Its not like we are going to do much business on January anyway.

Agreed. I will be more shocked if our ban is reduced/overturned than if VAR ever rules in our favour 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, loz said:
1 hour ago, Sindre said:
First of all i actually do think the ban will be reduced to one window and that we will be able to buy in january.
It's C for me but i would possibly have a look at the opportunity to do a "Pulisic-deal" for Jadon Sancho if at all possible.

I don't think it will be reduced. Its not like we marginally bent the rules. We committed more offences than the average Irishman in Botany Bay. We should be taking the punishment and moving on. Its not like we are going to do much business on January anyway.

From what I've read we arent arguing we didn't commit the offences, our argument is based on the fact we asked our FA for clarification on the rules on whether we could play these young uns in the situations we chose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like us to look at squad depth, specifically in defensive areas.  Not sure Christensen is a long term answer, Rudiger has been hurt and I'm not sure how much longer he'll be at Chelsea, and Alonso has to be replaced.  It's time to start thinking about Azpi's replacement.  We need to shore things up defensively.

Might want to start looking at replacements for Pedro and Willian as well.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C for me. Our expectations are not high, we are capable of finishing top 4 with what we have, and given the return of Kante, Rudiger and RLC will be like 3 new signings to Frank, we are in good shape. We are not expected to win the League, CL or even FA cup. Besides January market is really hard to find gems that are not at stupid high prices.

 

However if we can get deals like the Pulisic one where they are signed up to come next summer, thus keeping the price down as they stay at their current club "on loan" then that sounds good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would wait until summer and spend our money on 3-4 quality players. Azpilicueta and Alonso are our weakest links in my opinion, I would like to see both those positions upgraded first. We could use a better second option to Tammy Abraham. CB & Winger positions might need to be improved as well, depends on what Rudiger/Christensen & Willian/Pedro contributes for the rest of this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boston Blue said:

I would like us to look at squad depth, specifically in defensive areas.  Not sure Christensen is a long term answer, Rudiger has been hurt and I'm not sure how much longer he'll be at Chelsea, and Alonso has to be replaced.  It's time to start thinking about Azpi's replacement.  We need to shore things up defensively.

Might want to start looking at replacements for Pedro and Willian as well.  

Where is Rudiger going?? Christensen not a long term answer?

We have currently - in my eyes - 4 top class Centre Backs and 1 very promising youth player (Guehi). CB is the last thing we need to look at. 

Azpi has a replacement, Reece James. Azpi is also only 30 and the two of them can do a job together for at least 2 more seasons in my opinion (at which point we actually have other young right backs who can come through). 

What we need is a LB and a replacement for Pedro and Willian. (As I suspect Willian is leaving no matter what). I'd simply sign Sancho + Chilwell, sell/release Alonso, Willian, Pedro and Barkley and continue to promote youth when there are gaps through injury.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I can see Hazard wanting to come back, especially if they get Sterling😉

Eden will always be welcomed back in any capacity. Maybe he can be Neil Barnetts full time replacement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be genuinely surprised if the ban got reduced.

I still feel they are looking to make an example of us and it’s surely no coincidence that the finer details of the offence has suddenly been made public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Azpi has a replacement, Reece James. Azpi is also only 30 and the two of them can do a job together for at least 2 more seasons in my opinion (at which point we actually have other young right backs who can come through). 

Azpilicueta has already had a bad spell this season and I don't really see much of an improvement in his game to be honest. ( https://talksport.com/football/595896/chelsea-fans-reece-james-cesar-azpilcueta/ ). Lampard wants us to play out from the back more, while Azpilicuetas biggest weakness is his passing. You can just look at our recent game against Burnley, how awful it is. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, comtrend said:

Azpilicueta has already had a bad spell this season and I don't really see much of an improvement in his game to be honest. ( https://talksport.com/football/595896/chelsea-fans-reece-james-cesar-azpilcueta/ ). Lampard wants us to play out from the back more, while Azpilicuetas biggest weakness is his passing. You can just look at our recent game against Burnley, how awful it is. 

 

I'd rather azpi than buying someone else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the wingers could do with freshening your. Pedro while a Good squad player, should probably be moved on and Willian won’t be around for too much longer. 
 

It’s actually amazing that we’re not particularly desperate for new signings and that’s credit to Zac and his team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, comtrend said:

Azpilicueta has already had a bad spell this season and I don't really see much of an improvement in his game to be honest. ( https://talksport.com/football/595896/chelsea-fans-reece-james-cesar-azpilcueta/ ). Lampard wants us to play out from the back more, while Azpilicuetas biggest weakness is his passing. You can just look at our recent game against Burnley, how awful it is. 

 

He had a very bad passing game against Watford. Both the Left-Back and Right-back positions needs improvement for next season. January won't be open for us but in the summer we should sign both new full backs and a winger that's 3 big signings, at the very least.

Edited by Gol15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gol15 said:

He had a very bad passing game against Watford. Both Left-Back and Right-back needs improvement for next season. January won't be open for us but in the summer we should sign both new full backs and a winger that's 3 big signings, at the very least.

So you would sell azpi?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...