Kev56

Next window

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

I can't see him choosing another team and Leicester seem to like doing business with us. 

What I don’t understand, is why people think it’s some foregone conclusion that Leicester will sell him or he’ll even want to leave?  They are having just as good of a season as us and have a great chance to finish top 4.  Not every situation will be Kante-like with Leicester.

22 hours ago, big blue said:

Grimaldo? Not sure if theres much between him, emerson and chilwell, but he has a buyout clause of £40m.

I'd take another Emerson tbh. Not seen much of Grimaldo though. 

On 09/11/2019 at 18:49, bisright1 said:

According to who scored, he's been playing very well as attacking wide right. 3 goals and 6 assists in 8 games. 

He's the real deal and would be a definite improvement on (admittedly a fantastic season this year) willian 

Can't say the same about any other player that we could go for.

Apparently he was subbed off early against Bayern yesterday and the consensus, even amongst Dortmund fans, is that he was awful. Granted, it's just one game, but is he possibly being overhyped? I think he is.

1 hour ago, Amputechture said:

Apparently he was subbed off early against Bayern yesterday and the consensus, even amongst Dortmund fans, is that he was awful. Granted, it's just one game, but is he possibly being overhyped? I think he is.

He came off injured after half an hour. 

3 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

What I don’t understand, is why people think it’s some foregone conclusion that Leicester will sell him or he’ll even want to leave?  They are having just as good of a season as us and have a great chance to finish top 4.  Not every situation will be Kante-like with Leicester.

Because Chelsea are bigger than Leicester. Chelsea will consistently win trophies. They can pay bigger wages. They have a bigger fan base, both UK and global. 

Not every situation is kante like, but pretty much every one will be. 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Did he? If so then I stand corrected, though that's not what I read. Thought it was a tactical decision from their manager.

4 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

That's what i meant as well.

Azpi', Willian, Pedro, Giroud and probably Alonso are all going to need replacing in the short term. When the ban is lifted a couple of quality additions should do it. I read somewhere that Chelsea are looking at a midfielder... That's the last positioning that needs strengthening.

On 08/11/2019 at 03:17, mwblue10 said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head as far as the positions we will target.  I wouldn’t mind signing Sancho, but there’s probably a handful of cheaper wingers out there that are on the same level.  I could probably talk myself into liking the Chilwell signing, but I think there are other options out there that would be cheaper, better, or both (namely Gaya or Grimaldo).

Unless Werner just really wants to increase his wages, I don’t see why he would come here.  Abraham will be our number 1 for the foreseeable future.

I don’t see what all the fuss about Ake is about. He’s ok.  It’s just the fact that he was previously our player that has any of the fan base wanting him.  We can and should target a better quality CB if we are going to sign one - I like Skriniar.

Trying to be realistic, I don't think we will get Skriniar.

16 hours ago, big blue said:

Favre confirmed that it's because he was crap - not because he was injured.

“He was not injured, he trained yesterday. I had to go on what I was seeing and, to be honest, it was not good enough,” the Dortmund manager said.

4 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

Favre confirmed that it's because he was crap - not because he was injured.

“He was not injured, he trained yesterday. I had to go on what I was seeing and, to be honest, it was not good enough,” the Dortmund manager said.

Favre also suspended him for coming back a day late from international duty. 

Favre seems like he has a bit of a vendetta against him. Could be legit, although Sancho has scored 3 and assisted 5 in the league, he can't be doing that badly.

But hooking a 19 year old against Bayern munich after 35 mins is a sh*t thing to do. Regardless of reasons. Plays into our hands as Sancho won't want to stick around. 

7 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Favre also suspended him for coming back a day late from international duty. 

Favre seems like he has a bit of a vendetta against him. Could be legit, although Sancho has scored 3 and assisted 5 in the league, he can't be doing that badly.

But hooking a 19 year old against Bayern munich after 35 mins is a sh*t thing to do. Regardless of reasons. Plays into our hands as Sancho won't want to stick around. 

It was against Bayern tbf - my own personal opinion however is that we should be signing players that are ready to perform against the likes of Bayern week in week out. Just turning up against crap opposition won't cut it in the Premier League imho.

1 hour ago, the special one said:

It was against Bayern tbf - my own personal opinion however is that we should be signing players that are ready to perform against the likes of Bayern week in week out. Just turning up against crap opposition won't cut it in the Premier League imho.

That wasn't my point. Sancho is good enough to perform against Bayern. He's done it before. He's scored against them before. He was involved (goal or assist) in 26 league goals last year. It's not in doubt that he's class.

My point was you don't hook a 19 year old after 35 minutes and slag him off to the press. 

I'd love to see us target Joao Felix (and would go up to the $200+ mil mark), to be honest I think if we could do it under FFP the release clause wouldn't be a definite no, for our roster... I'd rather have Felix than 6 Ben Chilwell type signings myself.

The youth has produced so well, that to me Felix would be worth it, if there was no player this year due to ban, and he's the only next year. I think he'll be the best player in the world in the 2020's.

1 hour ago, Wearyourblue said:

I'd love to see us target Joao Felix (and would go up to the $200+ mil mark), to be honest I think if we could do it under FFP the release clause wouldn't be a definite no, for our roster... I'd rather have Felix than 6 Ben Chilwell type signings myself.

The youth has produced so well, that to me Felix would be worth it, if there was no player this year due to ban, and he's the only next year. I think he'll be the best player in the world in the 2020's.

He just signed for athletic Madrid? Why would he leave/they sell??

"He just signed for athletic Madrid? Why would he leave/they sell??"

Numbers for his salary seem all over the place, but most reports I see have him making less than CHO, so it seems the board value him like I do, they maybe be able to double his salary, his endorsement side would probably go up in London over Atletico.

Likewise, AM may not want to sell at all... but a profit of 70 M in 6 months to a year may be hard to turn down...

Obviously FFP comes in to place, but we have some pieces to sell due to the transfer ban. This could be one of the few years it really makes sense for us to go after a huge target, due to both youth movement and transfer ban. Saving up a war chest while also having a much better crop of new players than we typically do, even when we have spent big.

20 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

"He just signed for athletic Madrid? Why would he leave/they sell??"

Numbers for his salary seem all over the place, but most reports I see have him making less than CHO, so it seems the board value him like I do, they maybe be able to double his salary, his endorsement side would probably go up in London over Atletico.

Likewise, AM may not want to sell at all... but a profit of 70 M in 6 months to a year may be hard to turn down...

Obviously FFP comes in to place, but we have some pieces to sell due to the transfer ban. This could be one of the few years it really makes sense for us to go after a huge target, due to both youth movement and transfer ban. Saving up a war chest while also having a much better crop of new players than we typically do, even when we have spent big.

Ffp doesn't come into play. We aren't going to buy him

Haaland will be an interesting target... I wonder how well he'd fit on the right hand side in Lampard's 4-2-3-1, if we went in on him, could he co-exist with TA. I'd love to have a guy with a strong left footed strike on the right side of that 4-2-3-1.

7 hours ago, Wearyourblue said:

Haaland will be an interesting target... I wonder how well he'd fit on the right hand side in Lampard's 4-2-3-1, if we went in on him, could he co-exist with TA. I'd love to have a guy with a strong left footed strike on the right side of that 4-2-3-1.

Gerard Moreno at Villarreal does exactly that, he's left footed, can play on the right flank, and the fact he can also play at CF means he can co-exist with Tammy

8 goals 3 assists in 13 appearances this season, sign him up :laugh2:

Edited by the special one

I think we only need two additions to the team. If we can sign a world class Left back and a world class right attacker this team would be insane.

Midfield and Defence we are complete I think. 

I am not sure where else we lack of talent to be honest. Abraham is going to get even better with experience and once he starts to put on a bit of muscle he will be a beast, same goes for other young players such as Pulisic, Cho, and Mount. 

We have being linked with Chilwell, personally I do not believe he is much better than Palmieri. Also, Savic from Lazio would have being excellent 2 years ago but since than he has stagnated a bit, besides we have Ruben to be unleashed in this squad too. A player that I would look at that is in the same mould as Joao Felix is Joaquim Correa of Lazio, he is very talented, can play anywhere in attack and only around 25 yrs old, wouldn't cost that much either. 

Goalkeeping is a bit of an issue I think too. We have had Cech for so long and Kepa is no where near his quality. Not sure how Kepa will feel once Azpi, Alonso and Pedro leave aswell.  I would definitely swap him with someone like Donnaruma of Ac Milan.  However, Kepa is not a priority as he is still yet to hit peak years for a goalkeeper and like others with experience and a steady defence he will get much better. 

Edited by Gentian
add a thought

15 hours ago, bisright1 said:

That wasn't my point. Sancho is good enough to perform against Bayern. He's done it before. He's scored against them before. He was involved (goal or assist) in 26 league goals last year. It's not in doubt that he's class.

My point was you don't hook a 19 year old after 35 minutes and slag him off to the press. 

So he scored against Bayern, did Dortmund win the game? Aubameyang has scored 246 career goals - but what has he won? Nothing.

39 minutes ago, the special one said:

So he scored against Bayern, did Dortmund win the game? Aubameyang has scored 246 career goals - but what has he won? Nothing.

Such a weird take. No one but you thinks Sancho wouldn't be an incredible signing. Aditionally auba has been an incredible signing for arsenal. HE'S not the reason they are sh*t.

Yes Dortmund won the game. It was the super cup.