Kev56

Next window

7 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Such a weird take. No one but you thinks Sancho wouldn't be an incredible signing. Aditionally auba has been an incredible signing for arsenal. HE'S not the reason they are sh*t.

Yes Dortmund won the game. It was the super cup.

Super Cup? Mickey mouse competition :laugh2:

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to belittle your opinion of him... I agree he's a good player. But would he be a good signing? For me I'd put good money down we'd be a better team with Jack Grealish.

52 minutes ago, the special one said:

So he scored against Bayern, did Dortmund win the game? Aubameyang has scored 246 career goals - but what has he won? Nothing.

Not his fault that Dortmund was up against the strongest Bayern side the past few years! Didn't help that he chose Arsenal of all places either. 

If anything he wasn't the problem.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10376870/mbappe-real-madrid-transfer-on/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook191119&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1574169289

I know it's the sun. and I know it's not likely... but I go back to if Mbappe is worth 340 in this market... then it's worth triggering Felix's release clause, and Chelsea should be in.

39 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10376870/mbappe-real-madrid-transfer-on/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook191119&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1574169289

I know it's the sun. and I know it's not likely... but I go back to if Mbappe is worth 340 in this market... then it's worth triggering Felix's release clause, and Chelsea should be in.

There's no point triggering a release clause if they aren't going to sign. Why would Felix join us? It would be such a weird move. 

In summer i'd like to see.

Sell: Christensen, Alonso, Barkley, Giroud, Pedro, Willy

Buy: Telles, Mings, Chukwueze, Areola

Squad:

Kepa/Areola

Azpi/James       Zouma/Rudiger      Tomori/Mings       Emerson/Telles

Jorginho/Kovacic         Kante/Gilmour

Pulisic/Chukwueze         Mount/RLC               Willian/CHO

Tammy/Bats

I think we need some serious competition for Kepa to motivate him at the moment. Areola seems to have been banging about on peoples benches for years and is comfortable playing out from the back.

Christensen doesn't really seem to be getting any better from when he was 18, Mings looks to me like another Van Dijk. Quietly doing what he does at a smaller club, once a big team snatches him up i believe he'll be dominant. Physically he's remarkable, left footed and has great leadership qualities. 

I think selling Alonso, Barkley, Giroud and Pedro are pretty much guaranteed/needed. Telles to replace Alonso, however i'm not against the idea of Chilwell. I think Telles offers the better value for money, however Chilwell knows the league and is English which helps. 

Giroud can leave, personally don't think we need an experienced third choice striker. If Tammy is still firing on all cylinders and Bats can grab 10 goals a season i think we'd be fine having a squad player fill in should the worst happen and we get an injury to one of them. If for whatever reason we need a striker in summer i'd like us to consider Lautaro Martinez at Inter, would Conte sell to us though?

RLC back in is a direct replacement for Barkley who isn't getting a look in anyway. 

Chukwueze can replace Pedro, giving Willian one more season at the club after this year.  

5 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Sell: Christensen, Alonso, Barkley, Giroud, Pedro, Willy

Buy: Telles, Mings, Chukwueze, Areola

Agree with the sell list but we should go for top class players if we go to the market.
We have the youngsters and we have the talent, when we buy we should spend big on top, top players that can give us that extra edge that we will need.

15 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I think we need some serious competition for Kepa to motivate him at the moment. Areola seems to have been banging about on peoples benches for years and is comfortable playing out from the back.

Christensen doesn't really seem to be getting any better from when he was 18, Mings looks to me like another Van Dijk. Quietly doing what he does at a smaller club, once a big team snatches him up i believe he'll be dominant. Physically he's remarkable, left footed and has great leadership qualities. 

I think selling Alonso, Barkley, Giroud and Pedro are pretty much guaranteed/needed. Telles to replace Alonso, however i'm not against the idea of Chilwell. I think Telles offers the better value for money, however Chilwell knows the league and is English which helps. 

Giroud can leave, personally don't think we need an experienced third choice striker. If Tammy is still firing on all cylinders and Bats can grab 10 goals a season i think we'd be fine having a squad player fill in should the worst happen and we get an injury to one of them. If for whatever reason we need a striker in summer i'd like us to consider Lautaro Martinez at Inter, would Conte sell to us though?

RLC back in is a direct replacement for Barkley who isn't getting a look in anyway. 

Chukwueze can replace Pedro, giving Willian one more season at the club after this year.  

In general happy with all of that. However I would prefer Sancho to a player I haven't actually heard of. I anticipate Willian will be leaving at the end of the season regardless of what we do and we only need to replace him. We don't need to replace Pedro. 3 wide players + RLC + Mount is more than enough. 

I would love to see whether Cumming can develop into a top class keeper. Not because I think he's good - I have no idea - but because one of these days a top club in England has to produce a top keeper and I have no idea why this is so rare. I think Robinson is the last player to develop at a top club and break through into the first team and considering that was Leeds and they were a top club then, shows how long its been. 

16 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Agree with the sell list but we should go for top class players if we go to the market.
We have the youngsters and we have the talent, when we buy we should spend big on top, top players that can give us that extra edge that we will need.

What top top players are out there for us to sign though?

3 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

In general happy with all of that. However I would prefer Sancho to a player I haven't actually heard of. I anticipate Willian will be leaving at the end of the season regardless of what we do and we only need to replace him. We don't need to replace Pedro. 3 wide players + RLC + Mount is more than enough. 

I would love to see whether Cumming can develop into a top class keeper. Not because I think he's good - I have no idea - but because one of these days a top club in England has to produce a top keeper and I have no idea why this is so rare. I think Robinson is the last player to develop at a top club and break through into the first team and considering that was Leeds and they were a top club then, shows how long its been. 

After Frank's recent comments i see Willian staying for at least one more year.

Chukwueze is just as good as Sancho, Sancho is just getting the plaudits because he is English. Chukwueze reminds me of a young Robben with devastating dribbling ability. 

Pickford came through the ranks and made his name at Sunderland a few years back. I think Kepa's poor form this season is down to Willy not being good enough o challenge him. Remember how good Courtois was when we had Cech on the bench? Could have a similar effect with a good deputy behind him. 

18 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Chukwueze is just as good as Sancho, Sancho is just getting the plaudits because he is English. Chukwueze reminds me of a young Robben with devastating dribbling ability. 

Pickford came through the ranks and made his name at Sunderland a few years back. I think Kepa's poor form this season is down to Willy not being good enough o challenge him. Remember how good Courtois was when we had Cech on the bench? Could have a similar effect with a good deputy behind him. 

Sancho is quite inconsistent I think. I've watched him a few times now when he's had howlers, great player at such a young age, but his price tag will be huge and he's still a risk. 

52 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Sancho has much more prolific stats at a higher level and is more consistent. I am very confident Sancho will go on to be a star for the next 10 years, I am not sure on Chuk - but I have no idea because I don't watch spanish football (so am not going to criticise your view on that!)

I wouldn't call Sunderland a top club, Everton are closer, but by top I mean one of the big 6. Literally none of the top 4-6 clubs have produced a keeper in 20 years who is even Premier League level (unless I am mistaken). I have no idea why. I'd love to see a proper analysis of that. 

Edited by bisright1

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Chukwueze Grealish is just as good as better than Sancho, Sancho is just getting the plaudits overhyped because he is English.

:biggrin:

Not necessarily what I'd like to see;

Buy: Button (GK/Brighton), Chilwell, Lewis Cook, Jack Grealish, Gerard Moreno (Villarreal), Benjamin Hubner (CB/Hoffenheim)
Sell: Rudiger, Barkley, Kante, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud, Pedro, Emerson

4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1
                                                        Kepa/Button
Azpi/James - Zouma/Christensen - Hubner/Tomori - Chilwell/Alonso
  Willian/Pulisic - Kovacic/Cook - Jorginho/Cook - Grealish/Pulisic
                                                  Mount/Grealish
                                                Moreno/Abraham

56 minutes ago, the special one said:

Buy: Button (GK/Brighton), Chilwell, Lewis Cook, Jack Grealish, Gerard Moreno (Villarreal), Benjamin Hubner (CB/Hoffenheim)

4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1
                                                        Kepa/Button
                                                  Mount/Grealish
                                                Moreno/Abraham

😂

9 hours ago, the special one said:

4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1
                                                        Kepa/Button
                                                  Mount/Grealish
                                                Moreno/Abraham

What's this? Brexit XI? 

On 21/11/2019 at 15:28, RIP Mourinho said:

He apparently has €100m release clause.

https://www.football-espana.net/81545/samuel-chukwueze-signs-new-villarreal-contract

On 21/11/2019 at 23:21, the special one said:

4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1
                                                        Kepa/Button
                                                  Mount/Grealish
                                                Moreno/Abraham

Has to be a joke right, selling a quarter of our first team and buying for the sake of buying?

On 22/11/2019 at 18:07, Argo said:

Neil Warnock playing football manager and choosing Chelsea.

I think selling Kova or Jorginho and restoring Drinkwater should be a top priority.

On 21/11/2019 at 06:48, Slojo said:

Sancho is quite inconsistent I think. I've watched him a few times now when he's had howlers, great player at such a young age, but his price tag will be huge and he's still a risk. 

What 19 year old isn’t inconsistent though?

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

What 19 year old isn’t inconsistent though?

That's true, but he's dropped some awful performances when I've watched him. He's a youngster as I said, but I think he's also massively hyped because he's English.