West Ham Utd v Chelsea (PL) Wed 1st July 2020 20:15 GMT

3 hours ago, evissy said:

Absolutely. Said this many times before. They bought well with VanDijk and Alisson.

Now they are bidding for Koulibaly if reports are to believed. If you want to be at the very top you need quality. We know that. You can go so far with brilliant system and great coach.

With what money? Zero chance they buy Koulibaly (who I am sceptical about),  Not with the tight Americans in charge.

7 hours ago, evissy said:

Absolutely. Said this many times before. They bought well with VanDijk and Alisson.

Now they are bidding for Koulibaly if reports are to believed. If you want to be at the very top you need quality. We know that. You can go so far with brilliant system and great coach.

Building from a position of strength has been the key to success for many a top manager. Keeping things fresh and competitive pays dividends. Longevity has a part to play too but it has a terrible downside as we've seen down the years with teams that have gone down that road.

21 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think both of us will keep the same managers next season.

The season after will depend on results for both.

Also for you if Liverpool continue their winning streak they leapfrog you in the clubs honours list which I think will put more pressure on Ole.

I think Lampard might turn us into the old Arsenal of staying in the CL not sure if he yet has the cup winning ability. 

Two more titles and they are back on their perch. Not really a stretch to think that could very well happen. Bruno has saved Ole's bacon for now and Ighalo whose signing was a real head-scratcher. We are still weak defensively. Maguire got the armband but the lack of leadership at the back is evident. I still can't believe we paid all that money for him. Lindelof is a liability, Shaw is all right but prone to lapses in concentration, which leave Wan Bissaka who is a very good defender. Compare them with Liverpool's back four and it's no-contest. Even De Gea, once touted as the best in the game, has put in some awful performances. We are nowhere near being title challengers. Pep may have the stomach for a rebuild at City but if the ban is upheld, what will he do? Chelsea are buying well and will always attract good players no matter who is in charge. Lampard is a gamble for sure but Jody Morris has a good football brain, as evidenced by his time with the youth team.

On 02/07/2020 at 08:15, The Don Antonio said:

So why bench a Tall, Physical Zouma who is also our best leaper for soft ass Christensen. It is not a co incidence that Christensen hasn't scored a goal for us since he joined the club. Most Defenders score at set pieces and even Azpi who isnt the tallest chips in with some at set pieces. I am honestly sick of Christensen . He is great defender when teams want to put the ball on the ground and play tika taka like city did but when it is a phsical English game he just goes into his shell. We also need to fix our Left Center Back position. Zouma and Tomori are the only ones who can play that position well. Rudiger plays better on the right but has to switch to the left to accommodate Christensen..

I’ve never ever liked Christensen he fills me with nerves any time there is some pressure of physicality, still haven’t forgiven him fir the suicide pass against Barca, the kid always looks like he is on the verge of tears 

7 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

I'm sorry, " best attack in the world " and "Sterling and Sturridge."?????????

Gotta be a wind-up, surely!

Lmao!!!! I am sure he meant best attack in the league that season. I think they had the most goals in the EPL that season, with Suarez and stuzza banging in the goals but thankfully had Mignolet in goal