Arsenal v Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Dec 2020 17:30 GMT

I'm concerned with that post match interview for two reasons. First of all, he keeps saying 'they' when mentioning players, when in fact, he should be saying 'we'. Criticizing your players publicly is never a good idea because it makes you look like someone who's weak and tries to shift the blame onto others. And second, if you're saying you told them all the right things in preparation to the match but they just ignored it and didn't show up anyway, what does it say about you as a manager? At the very least it says that you can't communicate your ideas to your own team properly or your players for whatever reason don't follow your instructions, either way you're letting the world know you're not control, which is never good for someone who's in charge.

Edited by abramovich

46 minutes ago, enigma said:

In the last 5 years we've played Arsenal 19 times and won 6 times. 

They've troubled us frequently since the 2016/2017 season.

Conte's record vs Arsenal = 8 (1-3-4)

Sarri's record vs Arsenal = 3 (2-0-1) - Sarri's final game as head coach was the Europa League final which we beat them 4-1.

Lampard's record vs Arsenal = 4 (1-1-2)

In that time, the record against Arsenal is 15 (4-4-7) = 26.67% winning record

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

I don’t think it was a major problem yesterday, but we definitely lack a physical presence in the middle. Everton’s midfield were too strong for us, and likewise Wolves. Soucek and Rice also bossed us for most of the West Ham game. The only player we have with that potential is Ruben but I don’t think he’ll ever be aggressive enough. I’m sure Frank would like to add somebody of that mould.  

I said the exact same thing a few posts earlier. Barkley offered that. He played CM for us a few times also but he has that physical nous. 

My biggest disappointments:

1. Werner has been man marked by every EPL team , not allowed to run at defences. Lamps failed to see that.

2. Arteta had made six changes to his side but Lamps brought three players from injury & a sub who is retiring from a COVID19 infection.

3.Jorginho keeps on failing to score penalties with his jump & hold method , this is known to every goal keeper on the EPL. He should never been allowed near the penalty spot again.

4. Mende has become big headed  due to too much praise almost to the point of spoiling him& missed some of his concentration training . Nevertheless he looked self doubting at some moments in the game.

5. Pulisic & Werner & Oddoi they never track back to do their defensive duties.

6. There were no any team harmony , very individualised performance. Only player is willing to gel with team mates is Tammy.

7. We have a big problem in getting passes between players as none understand the importance of creating space or take a position of receiving a pass .

8. Lampard style of play is a very soft tempo. Must be aggressive in the EPL. Or Top4 will be unattainable.

Lastly : When Giroud was warming up to get in , I saw on the screen a smile & a grin on his face. Never liked it. The guy is still a Gooner. Probably that why he was asked to sit down by the dugout personnel. He can shove off next week in January to Italy.

1 hour ago, ZouMan said:

Lastly : When Giroud was warming up to get in , I saw on the screen a smile & a grin on his face. Never liked it. The guy is still a Gooner. Probably that why he was asked to sit down by the dugout personnel. He can shove off next week in January to Italy.

1-8 fair points yet think Giroud was smiling to cover up disappointment as instead of coming on Frank went for Havertz and Olly was thinking. 'You don't know what you are doing.'

On 27/12/2020 at 10:37, just said:

Put a young Michael Essien type in the centre of our midfield, ( yes, Michael Essien slojo), and it would make a huge difference to controlling games in the centre. We are desperately lacking any sort of physical presence or leadership in midfield.

I just caught wind of this. and Just you are aware Michael Essien was my favourite Chelsea player for years? I loved the Bison. You have 0 disagreements from he here. But where do we find another player like him in this day and age? Also the tragic decline of Essien was just that, tragic. As soon as he started getting injuries, he became a shadow of that former player, this is all while he was 28. 

32 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I just caught wind of this. and Just you are aware Michael Essien was my favourite Chelsea player for years? I loved the Bison. You have 0 disagreements from he here. But where do we find another player like him in this day and age? Also the tragic decline of Essien was just that, tragic. As soon as he started getting injuries, he became a shadow of that former player, this is all while he was 28. 

I thought that was happening to Kante last season, fortunately not just needed time.