Bravo Tibo

18 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

This has very little to do with Chelsea though, I see no reason why this would be in the general area.

Agreed, not to mention hes a snake who completely rubbished us for no reason when he left us. Whilst I agree with his message, I see no reason why a new thread would be made for this, pointless.

Edited by Oli

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

This has very little to do with Chelsea though, I see no reason why this would be in the general area.

Disagree gol, it has an effect on us as it does everyone else. Nations league being a symptom of Uefa just like Fifa adding more pointless games to line their own pockets while the club's keep paying the wages. 

Lukaku down with muscle fatigue, Rudiger with a back strain after playing in qualifiers for a tournament that will rob us all of our usual Christmas period fixtures so Fifa can once more be greedy. It is already affecting Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Oli said:

Agreed, not to mention hes a snake who completely rubbished us for no reason when he left us. Whilst I agree with his message, I see no reason why a new thread would be made for this, pointless.

Would it have been nicer if I could have posted this with Drogba or Dave saying these exact same words would have I preferred it? Of course.

Tibo is the one that said it. Past is past and imo we need more players, managers fans and clubs standing up and calling this horsesh*t for what it. 

It is a problem at the very root of the game. We were all quick to deal with the super league, why do people in power still let this rubbish keep happening. It needs to be talked about form fan level all the way to the top, as Fifa and Uefa are corrupt and only care about lining their pockets and Tibo is spot on here.

Courtois is right though. 

FIFA/UEFA seem intent on creating a football calender that would mean there are competative matches being played for 11 months of the year. 

That's no sustainable for the players. 

The turn around from the Euro 2020 Finals finishing and the new domestic seasons starting was ridiculously short. 

They're already cramming extra games into the international breaks and it's becoming a more common occurance for players to miss matches because they're returning so late from these international breaks. 

53 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Courtois is right though. 

FIFA/UEFA seem intent on creating a football calender that would mean there are competative matches being played for 11 months of the year. 

That's no sustainable for the players. 

The turn around from the Euro 2020 Finals finishing and the new domestic seasons starting was ridiculously short. 

They're already cramming extra games into the international breaks and it's becoming a more common occurance for players to miss matches because they're returning so late from these international breaks. 

Yep, the schedule is a mess, there are just too many games. I was saying before the season started that Euro's went on too long. It was nearly mid July by the time it finished. 

Then you have the Champions League and World Cup that are going to be extended soon. It's crazy that back in the mid 2000's they were complaining about fixture congestion but have only gone and made it much worse since.

The international breaks at the start of the season are too many and too long. We haven't seen Pulisic since the start of the season because he keeps picking up injuries after travelling to America and then back to England. Maybe if there wasn't so many games, he could actually get his body in a good enough condition to make something out of his career.

4 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Bit tenuous to start a thread just because of what an ex Chelsea player said if Deschamps or Giroud said it would the thread have been started.?

Yes, as I agree completely with what he said. So even if it was Winston Bogarde who said it, off the back of Lukaku and Rudiger picking up injuries, following on from Pulisic in the last break, I would have posted about it as it is a real issue and is an abuse of power by Fifa and Uefa.

4 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Sorry to be cynical (or perhaps not cynical enough given the subject matter), but I can't imagine he would have said that had Belgium finished first rather than fourth. 

Could well be PloKoon, Tibo does like to talk to the media may well have been a victory speech instead. Does not make what he said any less true though.

On 11/10/2021 at 03:05, axman2526 said:

Disagree gol, it has an effect on us as it does everyone else. Nations league being a symptom of Uefa just like Fifa adding more pointless games to line their own pockets while the club's keep paying the wages. 

Lukaku down with muscle fatigue, Rudiger with a back strain after playing in qualifiers for a tournament that will rob us all of our usual Christmas period fixtures so Fifa can once more be greedy. It is already affecting Chelsea.

Would it have been nicer if I could have posted this with Drogba or Dave saying these exact same words would have I preferred it? Of course.

Tibo is the one that said it. Past is past and imo we need more players, managers fans and clubs standing up and calling this horsesh*t for what it. 

It is a problem at the very root of the game. We were all quick to deal with the super league, why do people in power still let this rubbish keep happening. It needs to be talked about form fan level all the way to the top, as Fifa and Uefa are corrupt and only care about lining their pockets and Tibo is spot on here.

Ye was absolutely nothing against you. I just dont care about what he has to say..even if I completely agree with him on this matter.

When its comes to racism or all these extra pointless matches and tournaments that make uefa/fifa money, they try and sweep it under the rug. But when it came to the Superleague and impacted their pockets, they were ready to go to the courts and impose major sanctions within hours. Just goes to show they are all crooks one way or another.