CFC players at World Cup

strider6004
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Pulisic, Havertz, Mount, Sterling, Gallagher, Ziyech and have I missed anyone?

Takeways for far - 

Pulisic makes good deliveries from corners.

Ziyech good freekick to the keeper with pace and good work rate and assist for Morrocco. A while since we have seen good free kicks at CFC.

Kova at his best for Croatia, for me similar to CFC except here his final ball is finding an attacker...........

Mount not great not bad either.

Havertz, not impressing so far although should have been on the score sheet against Japan yet Musiala decided to ignore the team and go for goal of the tournament.

Gallagher untested to date.

Edited by strider6004

We have 12 players in Qatar :

• Mount, Sterling, Gallagher (England)
  • Mendy, Koulibaly (Senegal)
  • Thiago Silva (Brazil)
  • Havertz (Germany)
  • Kovacic (Croatia)
  • Pulisic (USA)
  • Ziyech (Morocco)
  • Azpilicueta (Spain)
  • Zakaria (Switzerland)

Pulisic and Ziyech have probably helped their cause in getting a January move. We should be happy about that I guess. 

Not much to shout about on the CFC front in general though. 

Havertz, in his "generational talent" hat, doing his bit to showcase his generation as probably the worst generation ever to play football 🙂 

Forgot Ampadu (Wales), Lukaku (Belgium) and Rahman (Ghana), who of course are all still technically ours, but out on loan.

In terms of our World Cup "Old Boys" I came up with this list :

• Ake (Netherlands)
  • Rice (England)
  • Christensen (Denmark)
  • Giroud (France)
  • Rudiger, Musiala (Germany)
  • Morata (Spain)
  • Courtois, De Bruyne, E.Hazard, T.Hazard, Batshuayi (Belgium)
  • Pasalic (Croatia)
  • Lamptey (Ghana)

23 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Forgot Ampadu (Wales), Lukaku (Belgium) and Rahman (Ghana), who of course are all still technically ours, but out on loan.

In terms of our World Cup "Old Boys" I came up with this list :

• Ake (Netherlands)
  • Rice (England)
  • Christensen (Denmark)
  • Giroud (France)
  • Rudiger, Musiala (Germany)
  • Morata (Spain)
  • Courtois, De Bruyne, E.Hazard, T.Hazard, Batshuayi (Belgium)
  • Pasalic (Croatia)
  • Lamptey (Ghana)

Do people keep forgetting Baba Rahman the man? I think I saw him playing for Ghana and is still a Chelsea player

At least Havertz will get a good 2 weeks break and be ready for the return of the regular football.  I expect Croatia to go deep into the competition, so Kovacic probably be injured again. None of the English players are definite starters, Silva will have a long rest and at his age, shouldnt demand  2 games a week out of him

Havertz scored two last night and should if Musiala passes to the spare man in front of goal have got the equaliser against Japan.

Very slim margins in some of the games between success and failure.

On Baba Raham he signed a 5 year deal with us in 2015 and has been on loan ever since though not sure if he is still on our books.

So far for me, Ziyech, Pulisic and Mendy standing out among our contingent.