Gary Lineker

Drogba1
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, The Rising Sun said:

Your reply to time to waste

I was agreeing with Timeto, that if Gary can have a platform to tweet his views, then so should Hopkins. You can't have one rule for one and not the other.

People can't just 'say what they want' regardless of where it's being posted. Free speech should be a thing, but there is a line!

7 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

I'm on a politics forum and there they advise Lineker has been invited to different politics shows in the past to debate his points, he has refused and prefers posting on twitter to all his followers........

The point is, either the BBC is impartial or it isn't.

If it is, then all the Tory cronies working at the BBC should be fired as well. 

If it isn't, then Gary Lineker should be able to say what he likes. 

Right now, 'impartiality' is only enforced on anyone critical of the government, which essentially just makes the BBC a state propaganda outlet for the Tory party.

12 minutes ago, Mod said:

I was agreeing with Timeto, that if Gary can have a platform to tweet his views, then so should Hopkins. You can't have one rule for one and not the other.

People can't just 'say what they want' regardless of where it's being posted. Free speech should be a thing, but there is a line!

Well VAR will decide if that line is crossed.

For the first time in ages I was looking forward to MOTD only to hear it's just a 20min show tonight !!

17 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

I'm on a politics forum and there they advise Lineker has been invited to different politics shows in the past to debate his points, he has refused and prefers posting on twitter to all his followers........

I'm on a Chelsea forum what has that got to do with anything.  From you're previous rhetoric in the past a right wing forum that's up to you but they aren't going to say anything in Lineker's favour and how do they know what show's he's been invited on ?. How about this then.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/viewers-baffled-as-gary-lineker-interviews-jo-johnson-on-brexit-a3989336.html

Apparently another sports channel is offering him a job, I hope he takes it and can then tweet all he likes as it won't be funded by tax payers so he has no obligation to temper his words.

Though doubt he will earn as much.

I met a BBC journo once in cafe and he said he would love to talk about some of things going on yet it would cost him his job. 

13 hours ago, strider6004 said:

Apparently another sports channel is offering him a job, I hope he takes it and can then tweet all he likes as it won't be funded by tax payers so he has no obligation to temper his words.

Though doubt he will earn as much.

I met a BBC journo once in cafe and he said he would love to talk about some of things going on yet it would cost him his job. 

He would command just as much probably more he’s the most well known sports presenter in the UK, people who don’t watch football knows him.

The single funniest thing about this is the government pushing the BBC to stop any of its employees being able to question them is literally a fascist/nazi ideology,like if using the media for propaganda and censorship.

They've basically just proven Linekers point, the f**king imbeciles. 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

follow this thread, if the facts are right then it dispels a lot of the nonsense spouted by the vermin tory MPs.

Good thread mate.

And The UK has destroyed the Health Services of 3rd world countries by encouraging immigration of medics trained and paid for by their own local taxpayers.

Ghana has been left in a desperate situation because we encourage immigration.

Am a bit confused. I got home from watching the women's match at Kingsmeadow and switched on the BBC coverage of the rugby union match between Scotland and Ireland. There were commentators and pundits. Does this mean that there is a difference of opinion among BBC sports presenters and not all are supporting Lineker's views.

As for lack of commentary during the match and no pundits commenting. Have to confess that I don't miss it. As I mentioned elsewhere in another thread it's like being at a match where you can see what's going on and can discuss the match with those around you and in the pub afterwards.

23 hours ago, bluehaze said:

I'm on a Chelsea forum what has that got to do with anything.  From you're previous rhetoric in the past a right wing forum that's up to you but they aren't going to say anything in Lineker's favour and how do they know what show's he's been invited on ?. How about this then.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/viewers-baffled-as-gary-lineker-interviews-jo-johnson-on-brexit-a3989336.html

They have actually it is a hot topic.

2 hours ago, Boyne said:

Am a bit confused. I got home from watching the women's match at Kingsmeadow and switched on the BBC coverage of the rugby union match between Scotland and Ireland. There were commentators and pundits. Does this mean that there is a difference of opinion among BBC sports presenters and not all are supporting Lineker's views.

As for lack of commentary during the match and no pundits commenting. Have to confess that I don't miss it. As I mentioned elsewhere in another thread it's like being at a match where you can see what's going on and can discuss the match with those around you and in the pub afterwards.

Not sure on the rugby but the womens match had the commentary from the FA player

Edited by charierre

5 minutes ago, charierre said:

Not sure on the rugby but the womens match had the commentary from the FA player

I watched a few minutes of the women's match on the BBC Iplayer earlier and heard the commentary from the FA player. Did surprise me given the lack of commentary in other games.

On 11/03/2023 at 11:35, Mod said:

It really wouldn’t surprise me if the whole thing is a set up and he knows full well that he returns after a week or two.

Canadian Yes GIF by CBC

f**king pantomime! Still.. a few days of distraction and cause even more division between the joe public! ::clap2::

9 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Am watching the BBC News. With all that's going on in the world such as the junior doctors on strike in the U.K.; the war in Ukraine and the collapse of Silicon Bank and guess what was the lead item on the news: the dispute between Linker and the BBC. FFS. Talk about no sense of priorities. 

That's the point. There's a reason they made a Tory party donor the BBC Chairman, and a former Tory MP candidate the director general.

This way the BBC won't mention any of the real issues facing this country, such as energy bills about to rise even higher in April (despite those companies receiving 155bn in taxpayer money from Liz Truss, and those companies posting record profits), or any of the strikes, where the government have actively sabotaged negotiations in some cases. 

I caught mention and it seemed concerned talk about contracts not being fulfilled over the FA Cup coverage unless the commentary was reinstated so is difficult to know.

There are a number of undercurrents to this, like you mention the Tory party factor and the other is pushes to remove the license fee money form the BBC and let it compete like the other channels.

Both are damaging to the BBC corporation.