Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2023/24

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hearing that Ratcliffe wants Southgate as manager and also wants to make Utd's ground to be the Wembley of the North.

Has a grudging respect for Arteta being given time and resources to challenge which makes you think if he could get Southgate he would give him three years, I think we dodged a bullet with Ratcliffe.

Can't believe the glazers so willingly gave Ratcliffe all footballing responsibilities. United could very well win the FA cup and/or finish Top 4 and they could still let ten Hag go. 

Seems like he very much wants to bring that English identity back to United. 

Leicester City the latest team to be charged by the PL for breaking spending rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68580638

Leicester City have been charged by the Premier League for allegedly breaking spending rules during their last three seasons in the top flight.

Leicester have been referred to an independent commission for breaching profit and sustainability rules (PSR) and failing to submit audited finances.

If found guilty, Leicester could face a points deduction.

The Championship leaders are also subject to a separate financial probe by the English Football League (EFL).

More to follow.

Tragedy chants directed at Liverscum are now getting people arrested and banned from the stadiums. Three Arsenal supporters and 1 Utd. I also read that those chants were investigated at Luton. But the Liverpool scummy supporters will still get away with their behaviour, throwing flares to disabled Utd supporters, or to other fan stands, vandalising European teams' buses, or waking the opposition players in the middle of the night; it is fine, poor them, etc  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68632780

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68619102

Edited by RMH

Fascinating reading

from the BBC football round-up allegedly from the Telegraph.

Manchester United minority owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to change the role of the manager at the club, so it is more of a head coach position primarily focused on training. 

Sounds like he actually wants to pick the players on match day and be in the dug out..........

1 hour ago, strider6004 said:

Fascinating reading

from the BBC football round-up allegedly from the Telegraph.

Manchester United minority owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to change the role of the manager at the club, so it is more of a head coach position primarily focused on training. 

Sounds like he actually wants to pick the players on match day and be in the dug out..........

I think we'll find we've dodged a bullet with him in years to come.

On 22/03/2024 at 11:57, RMH said:

Tragedy chants directed at Liverscum are now getting people arrested and banned from the stadiums. Three Arsenal supporters and 1 Utd. I also read that those chants were investigated at Luton. But the Liverpool scummy supporters will still get away with their behaviour, throwing flares to disabled Utd supporters, or to other fan stands, vandalising European teams' buses, or waking the opposition players in the middle of the night; it is fine, poor them, etc  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68632780

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68619102

Getting arrested for "tragedy chants" - what a load of crap. People getting their knickers in a twist when supporters do the aeroplane thing. Absolute bollocks - just let them get on with it. 

57 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Must have his eyes set for only Real. 

He was never going to take the Liverpool job, the romantics wanted him back but you would think he will be smarter. I have a sneaky feeling Liverpool are about to enter their Moyes era. Klopp will be hard act to follow and I can see them unravelling fast if they don’t get the next Manager right. They also need to replace Salah, Van Dijk, Thiago & Matip in the next couple of seasons. Won’t be surprised if Salah follows Klopp out in the summer.

5 hours ago, ducavis said:

He was never going to take the Liverpool job, the romantics wanted him back but you would think he will be smarter. I have a sneaky feeling Liverpool are about to enter their Moyes era. Klopp will be hard act to follow and I can see them unravelling fast if they don’t get the next Manager right. They also need to replace Salah, Van Dijk, Thiago & Matip in the next couple of seasons. Won’t be surprised if Salah follows Klopp out in the summer.

Anyone following klopp is on a hiding to nothing, better to wait until they fail then step in with lower expectations.

Edited by dkw