super saturday - gooners v cfc, pool v mu

ozboy

a big, big week coming up. We will struggle with so many injured. I was away travelling last week and missed the Sunderland game, hard to see the footie in the average USA hotel.

Here's hoping Riccy, Essien, Ballack and Malouda are all available. We are going to need a strong midfield and an organised defence to come away with this one.

IF.......... huge if here...

if we beat le arse, and liverpoo beat manure (notice the connection?) yes, they are all red..

the table will turn from:

Arsenal 15 37

Man Utd 16 36

Chelsea 16 34

Liverpool 15 30

to

Arsenal 15 37

Chelsea 16 37

Man Utd 16 36

Liverpool 15 33

althought to be honest... i think i just jinxed it icon_sad.gifsmack_head.gif

excellent result at Boro, a 6 pointer now for us next week.

I watched the match and Arsenal were pretty lacklustre, the Boro keeper hardly had anything to do. I alway's thought that it was only a matter of time before Arsenal came unstuck and got found out. Fingers crossed we turn it on next week and really go to town on them.

Great result for Boro,

Just shows that some of the teams we have narrowly beaten that people expected us to beat easily are capable and it could be that we have played quite well against them,

Bolton and now Boro showing nobody even down the bottom of the table are easy oickings.

Obviously though they were crap when we played them and developed some steel just to play UTD and Arsenal icon_wink.gif

I never saw our game with Sunderland as I've been busy but was glad we managed to win without Drogba,

we certainly are gonna struggle though I should think.

Still a good weekend for the Blues and a huge 6 pointer against Arsenal coming up.

oh and Ivory Coast,

you missed a game for Arsenal in your table, its more this

Arsenal 16 37

Man Utd 16 36

Chelsea 16 34

Liverpool 15 30

so we win to arsenal next week, we move up to second, IF man utd lose to liverpool.

Arsenal-37 Chelsea-37 Utd.-36 and liverpool-33

was Fabregas playing today?

Can't we move ahead of Arsenal? If we beat them by two or three goals we move past them in goal difference.

so we win to arsenal next week, we move up to second, IF man utd lose to liverpool.

Can't we move ahead of Arsenal? If we beat them by two or three goals we move past them in goal difference.

Yeah if we absolutely hammer then 4 or 5-0 then I think we can go top.

And Fabregas wasn't playing today JT26CFC, he's injured atm and might not be fit for the game on Sunday *fingers crossed*.

New rules:

1. Any team (a) playing in red and (B) having northern connotations, whether that be the North of England or North London, to be docked points for having the sheer audacity and effrontery to play in that accursed colour. and for being northern.

2. Any Northern team playing in red managed by a fat Spanish gay icon with a daft beard to be denied all possibility of ever winning the Premier League.

Oh no wait .. scrap rule 2, it's already a fact icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

:poookefun: Arsenal!!

The wheels are falling off!

For real this is what ive been trying to tell people, they scored to many goals this season for beeing Arsenal. Now things are getting back to normal, just hope that none-scoring ability that they showed last season slowly is coming back now.

In truth we'll probably end up with 2 nil all draws. At the least we can be thankful for ou new found defensive strength. Its a while since we conceded in the premier isn't it? Tough for pool as they have to be Marseille midweek

Delightfully shocking performance from Arsenal icon_lol.gif , they were out fought in every area of the pitch and I believe with the type of players we have compared to their frilly 'young guns' we will be able to do the same but it will still be a tough game with Drogba but hopefully Sheva will step up. I'm quietly confident and I hear ballack is due back for the game? That should icon_rolleyes.gif be a boost.

Also...

Surely the FA will have to ban Eboue for the game? 300.gif Terrible behaviour which yet again highlights how well Arsenal lose ::Scalf::

Didn't see the game - what did Eboue do?

I did see the Newcastle draw with Arsenal and they showed that this Arsenal side is easily knocked off their game if they are not given time and space to settle into their natural game - seems obvious I know but far too many sides have almost invited Arsenal into the game this season. It sounds like Boro did a similar thing to them today and we should take note of that for the game next week.

Eboue clearly slapped Rochemback in the face and again clearly kicked Downing in the chest.

Both were highlighted on Match Of The Day 2 which really leaves the FA with no excuse for not coming down hard on him. I just feel that Middlesbrough fought hard for every ball and pressed Arsenal high up the pitch, leaving them with no time to settle and pick their passes which we know Arsenal can obviously do. Middlesbrough showed alot of passion and commitment which Arsenal just couldn't match, and I believe we could and should do the same, in the recent matches against Arsenal we've almost tried to bully them using our height and strength and we've had sucess from that aproach. But with Drogba missing and with us supposedly playing 'beautiful' football nowadays I wonder weither we'll follow the example set down by Middlesbrough and Newcastle or adopt a different aproach and foolishly try to outplay Arsenal. I believe we will know for sure after the next few weeks weither our manager can actualy cut it at this level.

Super Sunday you must mean...

Hope we don't lose any additional players against Valencia.. Could we play Ballack in that game? We want to win that game because it is home game and it would be a good boost heading to Arsen*l.

I think we still should start with unusual lineup.

Le arse were crap yesterday and i hope they play the same against us.

Eboue should have been off for 1 hitting Rochemback and 2 kicking downing yet we finishes the game without a car icon_rolleyes.gif

Also why wasnt Toure sent off he was the last man at the penalty incident 317.gif

Archived