Bridgey to the Shirtburners ?

bjd

Unless Bridge kicked up a right royal strop about demanding a move due to wanting regular first team football (and I couldn't really blame him, we never ever needed to buy Cole) then Grant would be insance to sell him.

If this Ivanovic is more than capable of playing left back then you can see why Bridge might decide enough is enough but not Liverpool Wayne!!

Bridge unhappy? Ivanovic somehow prefers to play at LB even though he is a RB or CB? Where does this journo get his info?

I think that we are blessed as a Club to have Wayne and Ashley competing for the LB position, and there would be teams across the nation who would fight to have two such talented LB's in the same team.

I couldn't be too hard on Wayne if he decided that he wanted first team football, but he has always played second fiddle to Cole, even on the national team. However, I would be heartbroken if Wayne ever was responsible for giving fat Rafa and the rat munchers any joy the way he put the smile on ranieri's face after we beat the Arse in the CL

Guest Brian M

I would start Bridge over Cole in 90 out of 100 matches. It sh*ts me to tears that Cole gets picked ahead of Bridge on reputation alone. And that rep remember wasn't gained in a blue shirt, and is a long time in the past.

Vote one: Wayne Bridge!

Well to be totally honest I think Cole and Bridge are really close to eachother skillwise. Maybe Cole makes that angry face also to Avram and not just the refs to be picked over Bridge happy0034.gif .

Im not totally devastated if he decides to leave since we haven't been given him that many chances, but to Livers*um.. 346.gif ...

Still dont know one Chelsea fan who would pick Cashley over him.

There is one right here. I honestly think Ashley is a brilliant left back and we are very lucky to have him. He was also carrying an injury the entire season last year, but his performances in this have been good I think. Just his goal line clearances alone have saved us on countless occasions, like it should have against Villa, once again. If that ref or linesman had glasses, we would have owed Ashley those 2 extra points.

Benitez turns to Bridge - Various

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has turned to Chelsea's Wayne Bridge to solve his left-back problems after yet another move for Gabriel Heinze failed. Chelsea may be willing to part with Bridge after agreeing a £4million deal for Lokomotiv Moscow defender Branislav Ivanovic.

http://www.skysports.com/football/paper ... 09,00.html

nono.gifnono.gifnono.gif

Lazy journalism. The press have added 2 + 2 to make 5. Ivanovic plays at CB or RB, not LB. All a lot of cobblers.

Spot on Iceman! Matt Hughes is the Times writer designated to report on Chelsea and he will never allow a Chelsea positive to get in the way of a negative. For instance, here he could have gone with the headline - Chelsea beat United to Ivanovic signature - but no, true to form he settles on spurious negativity designed to cheer up the Scousers on a bad night at the office while burying the snub (usual hack vernacular) of ManU at the same time.

Hughes has been invited on to Chelsea TV’s Paper View and always seems affable enough where the club is concerned when on our territory, but in reality he hardly has a good word to say about us. He once said on the TV program that ’Chelsea fans should realise that they are not the only ones that newspapers are writing for’ - a mind blowing observation if ever there was one! He should take a leaf out of Martin Samuel’s book and try a bit of journalism without agenda, just for a change.

Interesting to look at the stats.

Wayne joined in 03/04 and played 46 (2 as sub) and scored 3 goals

In 04/05 he played 22 (3) until he broke his leg so badly that it nearly dropped off.

05/06 he was still recovering and made 2 appearances.

Last season he played 27 (6) scoring 1 goal whilst Cashley played 37 (3) (Cole started 21 league matches to Bridgey's 17)

This season Bridge has started 8 matches (5 in the league) and Cole has started 19 matches (14 in the league)

Injuries apart, it does rather suggest that the new manager fancies Bridge a lot less than the previous manager.

Having said that I can't see us selling him in January.

Guest Brian M
Spot on Iceman! Matt Hughes is the Times writer designated to report on Chelsea and he will never allow a Chelsea positive to get in the way of a negative..

Watch what you say there, Dorset, Matt Hughes is a 9-Time UFC Welterweight Champion and UFC Hall of Famer! icon_eek.gif

Spot on Iceman! Matt Hughes is the Times writer designated to report on Chelsea and he will never allow a Chelsea positive to get in the way of a negative..

Watch what you say there, Dorset, Matt Hughes is a 9-Time UFC Welterweight Champion and UFC Hall of Famer! icon_eek.gif

Well Dorset's got a nasty pen that can knock anyone down icon_wink.gif

Archived