Chelsea v Derby Match Thread

Alan

First home game in over a month for me, and on paper an easy win. But after Saturday, who knows? icon_lol.gif

This is the team I'd like to see put out:

Carlo

Paulo

JT

Ricky C

A.Cole

Ballack

Lampard

Essien

Joe Cole

Anelka

Drogba

Subs: Hilario, Alex, Mikel, Kalou, SWP.

Prediction: 3-0 Chelsea.

Is Cech available for that game?

Well after that humiliating loss I predict we will win 5-0, 6-0 just to give us fans something to cheer about in these dark days. I'll take it with open arms icon_lol.gif.

--------Carlo/Cech---------

Belletti--Alex--Terry--A.Cole

-----------Mikel------------

---Ballack-------Lampard---

------J.Cole----------------

-------Drogba-----Kalou----

Goals: Alex 5 or 6.

--------Carlo---------

Belletti--Alex--Carvalho--A.Cole

-----------Mikel------------

---Ballack-------Lampard---

-------Drogba-----Anelka----

Team I would like to see

--------Carlo---------

Belletti--Carvalho--Terry--Bridge

-----------Essien------------

---Ballack-------Sidwell---

-------Drogba-----Kalou----

Team we probably will see icon_sad.gif

love to see this team

carlo

belletti,alex,JT,ashley

mikel,ballack,lamps,SWP

anelka,drogba

Think we'll be able to win this one; hope its a big win. I think losing points here could be my last straw for Avram, and I think that'll be it for the title race. My guess is 5-1...COME ON CHELSSSS ::Scalf::::Scalf::

I would ring the changes...

monkey-butler

monkey-butler, monkey-butler, monkey-butler, monkey-butler,

monkey-butler, monkey-butler, monkey-butler, monkey-butler

monkey-butler, monkey-butler,

Basically I am thinking that a bunch of monkey butlers could do better than that bunch of spineless muppets at the weekend!

getmycoat.gif

maggiesimpson.jpg

monkey-butler

Basically I am thinking that a bunch of monkey butlers could do better than that bunch of spineless muppets at the weekend!

getmycoat.gif

maggiesimpson.jpg

Jimboola

I think you expect too much of Avi with that line up, should it all go tits up with that bench where exactly would he make bold game altering changes,

If he brings on Monkey Butler and plays him out wide for say...Monkey Butler people will say he is copying Jose and has no imagination,

If he plays Monkey Butler as lone striker and expects him to cause the same problems as Monkey Butler without a decent crosser of the ball it's just a waste of his ability and he may as well just Sub him like for like icon_wink.gif

as you say though, if that team was available at the weekend, we'd still be in the FA Cup icon_lol.gif

there's a small evil side of me that wants to see us lose this match.

think of it -- we lose to perhaps the worst team in the history of the premiership, breaking our historic home streak at the same time. we also essentially seal our fate as not being able to catch Arse and Utd and lose the premiership at the same time.

the implications could be devastating. a triple whammy like that could see Grant get fired immediately, replaced by Ten Cate and Clarke as interim bosses for the remainder of the season.

crazy, yes, but that is what Evil Avram has brought me to.

think of it -- we lose to perhaps the worst team in the history of the premiership, breaking our historic home streak at the same time. we also essentially seal our fate as not being able to catch Arse and Utd and lose the premiership at the same time.

the implications could be devastating. a triple whammy like that could see Grant get fired immediately, replaced by Ten Cate and Clarke as interim bosses for the remainder of the season.

I'm just proud to be part of this forum smack_head.gif

stupid? absolutely. crazy? no doubt. but again, that's what Avram has brought me to.

Again, I said it was a small evil part of me.

I remember years ago watching my school's college basketball team, Syracuse, flame out at the end of the season and lose its chance to go to the prestigious season-ending tournament where the national champion would be crowned. Instead, we were shipped off to play in a second-tier tournament (think Intertoto Cup) where the marginal teams play. It's not like I rooted for us to lose in that tourney, but a part of me was relieved to see us get wiped out by a mediocre team, so that the coaches would realize that some major changes needed to be made. I'm happy to report that, soon after, we won the national championship, due in part to the fact that the team realized it needed to redouble its commitment to winning.

F*cking hell, talk about buying into the media hype. icon_rolleyes.gif

Grant will go in the summer, and we will move on, but to want us to LOSE just to speed up his departure is just ridiculous.

What possible good would another magerial change during the season do for us?

I'm just proud to be part of this forum smack_head.gif

MannyJello? The new Moos?

God Help Us..............

I'ts unbelievable to me that anyone can even consider wanting Chelsea to lose but what is even more inconcievable is that they come out on a Chelsea forum and say it and get less repucussions than somebody posting that the Chelsea manager is doing ok,

To use a northern expression, theres nowt so queer as folk icon_rolleyes.gif

We are eight points off the leaders and we have two games in hand, get a grip.

monkey-butler

getmycoat.gif

Jimboola

I think you expect too much of Avi with that line up, should it all go tits up with that bench where exactly would he make bold game altering changes,

If he brings on Monkey Butler and plays him out wide for say...Monkey Butler people will say he is copying Jose and has no imagination,

If he plays Monkey Butler as lone striker and expects him to cause the same problems as Monkey Butler without a decent crosser of the ball it's just a waste of his ability and he may as well just Sub him like for like icon_wink.gif

as you say though, if that team was available at the weekend, we'd still be in the FA Cup icon_lol.gif

Yeah you're right.

I hadn't thought it through! smack_head.gif

BTW - never want the team to lose folks.

My missis however wants JT to be subbed and he takes off his shirt and chucks it at Avram. She will however not confirm whether this is for the effect, or just that she likes to see JT with his shirt off! The minx! icon_twisted.gif

556.gif

alright, alright - settle down now. once referred to as the "new Moos," i realized i might have gone too far.

look, it's not like I'm advocating killing the man. i just want him gone. anything within reason that could be done to hasten his departure would be a good thing.

Lets hold the grant discussions at the end of the season.

One piece of silverware this season would do me, and frankly we probably won't win anything, as long as we can I'm backing the team that's on the pitch.

Our problem for 18 months has been that we don't score enough goals. That's still the problem.

It depends who turns up, the 3-0 / 4-0 winning team or the side who cant create a chance.

I imagine it will be back to a West Ham style scoreline unless Derby manage to get some grit and scrap it out and make life more difficult for us.

Doubt they will though.

There will be no Barnsley repeat I'll wager.

Archived