Do you join in with the singing at matches ?

coco

Do you join in with the singing and chanting when you go to watch Chelsea play at SB ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1. I never join in because i feel a prat singing.
    • 2. I only join in when everyone else is singing.
    • 3. I only sing when were winning or just scored.
    • 4. I join in when i like the song or chant.
    • 5. I sing constantly throughout the match.
    • 6. I sing so loud i sound like Lee Marvin the next day.
    • 7. I start the singing and lead the rest.

I have never been in the MHL, unfortunately, but I have started a couple of chants in the west Lower. Trouble is, I don't know all the songs...a fw obscure ones, but not all of them. So I can't join in them all. If I know the chant, count me in!

Like Tim W, calling it singing would be ambitious. I belt out some sounds when I know the song, and I've learned quite a few over the years. No singing technique whatsoever, so the next day the voice is a bit Lauren Bacall-esque.

I find the chanting and singing to be a big part of the game for me, i try to get up out of my seat by the tenth man, but you feel a bit pissed off when the only seat you could get was with a bunch of prawn munchers in the east stand !

I've started a few 'one man went to mow' and 'we hate tottenham' this season... but no one (and I mean no one, which leaves me looking like a right prat) will join in after my extremely loud 'zigga zagga zigga zagga'... I guess because it's come from a girl voice and not a bloke? 317.gif if you ever here that shouted in the Shed by a female voice, its me, so please join in! icon_sad.gif

None of them really apply to me, I guess the closest one is number 4 - I join in when I like the song or chant..

Im a singer, but i have to say ive never started a song in my life , because of 'the fear'!

Same hear bjd - although when Nevin was playing for us, I did sometimes get the "Pat Nevin, Pat Nevin, Pat Nevin" going - easy one, 'cos everyone would join in and if by chance they didn't it was an easy one to not get noticed.

Could never start one of the biggies - guess you need a load of your mates around you to back you up in case it fails miserably icon_redface.gif

But I went for option 6 'cos sounding like Lee Marvin the following day is a pretty accurate description.

Does signing along with the television count? It's sad I know but I'll stand in front of the tv signing the songs with you guys at the game. sign0070.gif

My wife thinks I'm a nut and she may be right.

When I do make it to a real match I sing my ass off. 247.gif

I'm in the West Lower which isn't exactly a hot bed of rampant singing. I'm very happy to sing most of the time, but I wouldn't have the balls to stand up and start it. We do have a group of guys just behind us who really get in to it. I particularly like their Malouda chant - although I hope I won't be hearing it tonight (as it means he will be playing icon_eek.gif )

Cool. I'm Gate 6 Row 29. There's guys to my left who get into it and are pretty loud. You can guarantee every game one of them will go 'Come on Ref, whats he gotta do?...' to which everyone says 'stab him!'

Thats what its all about isn't it??.......

....getting behind your team and enjoying yourself 429.gif

I got the biggest gob in gate 14!!

Even 'Zigger Zagger' Martin would back that fact up!!

icon_lol.gif Martin! (Or Dom Jolly as he likes to be called 7052005214646.gif ) Gotta love the fella! My mates Mel & Wobbs sat in front of him for ages & moved to the shed upper

Between the pair of us Rob ~ What with you in Gate 14 & me in Gate 8 I reckon it's us that gets the lot in the MHL(middle) singing :nono:

Option 3 has been stigmatised with a bad reputation amongst supporters due to the chant "Sing when your winning", so no suprise to see no votes for that option, we must have some supporters who only sing when were winning, come out come out wherever you are.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived