Why do you support The Blues?

Chelsea Lad

This is me just wondering, really.

I'm 16 and been a Blue fan most of my life. It all started with my Grandad who used to live near The Bridge in the '60's, my mum then became a true blue and I now have blue blood. ::Scalf::

My first game was Dennis Wise's testemonial match, in about '99?

I'm English, C of E, Chelsea, name's Barn.

Rules are rules in my mum and dad's house! My dad grew up just round the corner to the Bridge, all his family are Blue, there was never a choice to be made.

Dad, brought up in Battersea was a Chelsea fan

My 6 years older brother was told to be a Chelsea fan

He had to take me - aged 6 to the Bridge to let my other brothers and sister have some space in the house on a Sat afternoon

Osgood was king

My dad's supported them since he came over from Ireland in the 70s and he took me to my first game in 1998. I can't remember whether it was against Villa in the League Cup (Vialli scored a hat-trick I think and John Terry made his debut) or Coventry.

My dad took me to the bridge before I could walk or old enough to have a choice.

I live in a staunch Millwall area and all of my mates supported Millwall. Sometimes I'd want to go with my mates as a kid 'Why have mince meat when you can have steak'' he used to say, then drag me to the bridge.

The Sheff Wed away in the 80's when we drew 4-4 - I was allowed to stay up and watch the highlights, from that moment on i was hooked

Haha, loving some of these stories.

Bluenut - I remember when I was younger and we played Barca in the CL in about '99 or something and my parents were watching the TV downstairs and I had to go to bed. I remember listening out to see if I could work out if someone had scored by the TV noise and what my parents were saying. lol

Haha, loving some of these stories.

Bluenut - I remember when I was younger and we played Barca in the CL in about '99 or something and my parents were watching the TV downstairs and I had to go to bed. I remember listening out to see if I could work out if someone had scored by the TV noise and what my parents were saying. lol

The Sheff Wed game, I was a kid and didn't know the score. My dad was out somewhere but called my mum and told her to make sure we stayed up and watch it, (me and younger brother) on midweek sports special. We were 3-0 down in the 1st half and I wanted to turn it in, but carried on watching. We went 4-3 ahead in a magical 2nd half. Still remember jumping around my bedroom to this day when we went ahead.

The Dixon, Speedie, Nevin etc side was the first one I remember, but my dad swears blind I saw Bonetti play, but I think I was in nappies at the time.

The reason he supports Chelsea??? 2 words, Jimmy Greaves!

hmm my story isn't as touching as everyone elses.....I never really knew anything about english football until about 3 years ago. I remember my grandpa had showed me numerous serie A games and he loved Roma at the time(cause cassano was there and he's from Bari etc.) so then the world cup came around and i watched some of the england games. (My friends called me mexican for watching football...don't ask me any new yorker calls football a mexican sport 317.gif )Anyway, It was England vs. Trinidad and Tobago and one of the trinidad players were through on goal and Terry came out and made an off the line clearance. then i learned about club teams in england and it just so happened that Terry was on chelsea and since then I've been a blue ::Scalf::

Well, my dad was Chelsea, I was his only child, he really wanted a boy, so I got to go to football with him to every home game and some away games from age 4 (apparently) in cough cough 1961, can't remember my first match. Don't think I had any choice really, 'cos I was a typical daddy's girl.

But if I'm honest the FA Cup final replay against Leeds in 1970 was when I really fell in love with the team, not just to please my dad, but for myself.

well I'm different per being an american.

We only get top matches from England. And I'd say since 1999 a good majority of what I've seen has been CFC. So I just grew to like them. Well that and I can't stand SAF, Livercrap, and Arshol.

Although I was born and raised in North London I was born to be blue. Hated Arsenal (hate red full stop), despised Spurs and hated the w**kers at skool who followed these two (loved a good scrap mind). Begged the old man to take me to the bridge by way of a birthday treat because blue was my favourite colur (still is). April 9th 1966 he finally obliged and I watched us stuff West Ham (even with their 'world cup winners') 6-2. Loved the atmosphere, loved the day and as an 8 year old kid I was hooked for life.

Charlie Cooke made sure I stayed on track during those young, easy to change who you follow years then came the 1970 FA cup win which was the ultimate confirmation that even though the old man would take me to watch Arseole one week and Spurs the next (the grounds were nearer and it was easier for him to get us both home after the game then go to work) I had made the right choice in choosing Chelsea.

I carried on following the blues from a distance until in 1972 my parents allowed me to trot across London on the Piccadilly line to Earls Court then change to the District line for Fulham Broadway on my own to start watching my beloved team. 73/74 season saw me with my first season ticket and here I am in 2008 still with a season ticket remembering the good and bad old days and having a damned good laugh at the massive journey the club have taken me on.

Loved every minute of it and seriously wouldn't change a thing because all the bad times we went through make every trophy we win all the more sweeter.

some interesting stories in here :)

mines kinda the same, my dad lived in chelsea when i was born and followed the local team as he likes sports..

so when i moved back to UK 15 years ago and i found football to be a superior sport to the baseball and american football i was watching previously, chelsea was the only team i could support as i was born 10 mins walking distance from the bridge and i only support teams from a birthplace or current local side (or closest to local)...

i remember going alone to the sports bar in the town to watch chelsea quite often.. and where i live in the south coast, everyone seems to somehow be a liverpool fan so i get hounded out of my local pubs by a sea of southern reds frequently which makes me even more resolute in my support of the blues.

::Scalf::

Archived