Angel de maria

robx1970

Why are we linked with wingers when we dont play a line-up that includes any real wide players ??

I was going to post just that, G-B, you beat me to it.

I hate us playing without wingers, and would love to see someone like Zhirkov or Di Maria constantly attacking down the left flank, and someone like Blaszczykowski down the right. That last one might cause a few problems for any songs or chants about him though ;)

Not sure if Ancelotti doesn't like playing with wingers, or doesn't understand the importance of them?

I hate us playing without wingers, and would love to see someone like Zhirkov or Di Maria constantly attacking down the left flank, and someone like Blaszczykowski down the right. That last one might cause a few problems for any songs or chants about him though ;)

Not sure if Ancelotti doesn't like playing with wingers, or doesn't understand the importance of them?

Agree BB. I would love to see a real 4-3-3 again or a flat 4-4-2. But with the players we have at the moment its better to play a diamond or a christmas tree probably. I highly doubt that that Malouda would get anything going if he was used as a real winger. Joey is out of form. Zhirkov has to play LB now. And Kakuta isnt ready, at least thats what Carlo thinks.

is that the end of a Polish rocket launch? 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BLASTOWSKI!!!!!

Why are we linked with wingers when we dont play a line-up that includes any real wide players ??

Maybe its because we don't have any real quality wide men....

Malouda can cross, as can Zhirkov, but, unlike Duff/Robben, Malouda can't really dribble so to play him on the right would be a bad idea. No idea if Yuri'd be just as effective on the right either.

Given that in recent weeks the diamond formation has been abandoned in favour of 4-3-3 or the X-mas tree, we may have a chance to see some real wing play in the future.

OR

Carlo just wants more pace up front.

Ok so I did a quick search and found the above clip.

Seems to possess great pace and ball skills, can play on either flank, has a shot on him, and terrific eye for the pass and is a team player.

Only two grouses.....his small physical size, and, more pressingly, his annoying habit of doing that Quaresma-esque cross with his left peg (I have bad memories of this trick, fails more often than succeeds).

Other than that, I think he's the kind of player we've been missing since Robben left. Speaking of which, any ideas on how injury-prone he is?

Having said all that, you may now begin to fantasize about him and Yuri together.

On the field. ^_^

People said that Ronaldo was just a show pony and then turned out to be one of the worlds best players. I say if this guy is the guy that the management team want and think it will add something to the team then give him a chance. People are talking about his size but Zola was hardly big was he. It makes a change that we are linked with young tallent instead of 30+ year olds like we have the last couple of transefer windows.

He's good and getting better, especially this season. Not injury prone at all - so far. Has plenty of skills, pleny of pace and stamina. On the down side his finalization is rubbish (although getting better) and his right foot is only there to step on the bus - as the brazillians say.

Although he's a left winger, can also play on a free role forward.

• 2 weeks later...
35m for Di maria.........even 20m would be too much. ridiculous

hes a show pony without end product. he would flop in england...im almost 100% sure about it.

I suggest you watch the game against Germany that he played for Argentina. His pace vision, pace and agility makes me believe he is tailor made for the English game.

Isn't Ronaldo still considered a show pony ?

All we need is someone really quick and with a bit of skill so that he can be a constant pain in the a** for opposition defenders. Di Maria fits the bill somewhat but we always need patience with these players. Ronaldo took a lot of time to become the player he is today. Same with Rooney, although Rooney was not as frustrating as Ronaldo early in his career.

I want someone exciting. Of course they would need to be effective too, but I want someone who will take it past players, make things happen and help to inspire the players around him as well as get the crowd going with their play.

From what I've seen, Di Maria could be just the person that fits the bill, and he's pretty much the perfect age for a signing too.

edit: To be fair, Malouda has done a good job of filling this role in the recent games too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived