Citeh up to old tricks again...record offer for Joe Cole

The Brit

I doubt joe would wnat to go to city at this stage in his career, hes much better off staying a chels to win trophies as no matter how much city spend they'll still be fighting 4th 5th every season.............ok they have won there last two games 6-1 and 5-1 but come on it was Burnley and the brummies, we beat villa 7-1, its a no brainer for joe i think....

I was expecting something like this to crop up near the end of the season cause of this

http://www.theshedend.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=259497

I know we should not really take too much notice of rumours floating around the net and media, but it all seems to be adding up.

I love the fella, think he is an outstanding player but I can't help to think he is one to follow the fund.

If they come sniffing with that kind of money, I'd bet he'll go. However, I feel that Mancini has too much on his mind to be talking about his wants for players for next season...if he's even the manager.

If they secure 4th, and can offer CL play, I can see them overhauling with some of the major names from around Europe

Scott

surely joe knows he would walk into an even worse situation in terms of first team football there, than here...citeh are now like what we were in the early roman years, they'll just buy any top player so he may be their big earner one week, but can be quickly usurped

Unless your going to retire, you do not leave a double winning team lightly, if Joe goes to citeh it will be because he was pushed out of the team, but he hasnt been yet, he scored the most important goal of the season the other week up at OT.

I get the feeling somehow that Carlo just does'nt rate Joey, why i do not know...this will lead to Joey going i'm afraid whether its Man Ure or Citeh it will be a sad loss to Chelsea whatever...

Why should you pet a player who isn't on his level. Just think how well Zhirkov and Ivanovic have done this season. I mean Zhirkov haven't even have the time to unpack his packs and he looks like he's been here for 6 years.

I know there is huge pressure on Joey with his injuries and the WC coming sooner than he want's to know. Not very desirable situation. Feel sorry for the guy.

I would love him to do well but he just can't seem to produce. Glimpses of old Joey was seen in the ManU game but that is about it. He didn't cover for Paulo in the Spuds game and everything that happened in that game came from that side. Joey was anonymous and didn't exactly earn a starting spot for the next match. Harsh but true.

you can't compare a player like joe to ivanovic and zhirkov as much as I like the defensive duo...it is easier to stop not to create, which joe has to do...you only get to the top of your form doing the latter the more yoiu play, while as a defender it is easier to slot straight back in...eg. anyone seen the crock that is ledley king the past few seasons for the scum...doesn't train for months, comes in and looks great straight away...it's easier to stop than to create....i still maintain joe has still got the ability but 45 mins here and there is not enough to get him match fit and crucially for a player of his type, is not long enough to build his confidence

you can't compare a player like joe to ivanovic and zhirkov as much as I like the defensive duo...it is easier to stop not to create, which joe has to do...you only get to the top of your form doing the latter the more yoiu play, while as a defender it is easier to slot straight back in...eg. anyone seen the crock that is ledley king the past few seasons for the scum...doesn't train for months, comes in and looks great straight away...it's easier to stop than to create....i still maintain joe has still got the ability but 45 mins here and there is not enough to get him match fit and crucially for a player of his type, is not long enough to build his confidence

He's had a bit more than 45 mins here and there. and Chelsea isn't a rehabilitation centre, we are trying to win the league and cup double with just a few games to go. We can't carry passengers. We have to play players who can perform without excuses.

Of course, after Saturday we might struggle to find a whole team that fits that bill!

As far Joe is concerned, it's quite simple. If he wants to stay then Chelsea should offer him a short term contract with an option to extend. Then he will have a proper pre season to get fit and convince the manager that he deserves a starting spot. If it happens and he proves his worth then the option can be taken up and everyone's happy. If not then he can take whatever offer comes his way next summer.

Archived