Chelsea vs Wigan (Prem) 09/05/10 1600 KO

loz

WIGAN 3 CHELSEA 1

Hull 1 Chelsea 1

West Ham 1 Chelsea 1

Chelsea 2 Portsmouth 1 (took a lateish penalty)

Burnley 1 Chelsea 2 (took a late winner)

Chelsea 2 Hull 1 (very late winner)

Stoke 1 Chelsea 2 (ridiculously late winner)

Feet back on the ground time everyone. The Wigan game is not a formality.

Next Sunday can't come quick enough but is going to be nerve wracking as hell when it gets here.

Luckily we didn't pick up any knocks today (at least none that we know of). I would expect to see exactly the same starting eleven as started today. Kalou, in particular, deserves to start after his performance today and agianst Stoke.

Eyes on the prize lads!!

Well said sir it will be a tough game so lets hope the lads will be well up for it and i think carlo is just the man for that job, it was great seeing him getting animated today when we should have a penalty. Kalou was great today seemed a bit sluggish at first like everyone, but kepp up his work rate with good positioning and tracking back, roll on next sunday, it'll be a lllooooonnngggg week.

I completely agree that this won't be an easy game. To be honest, I'm as worried about this as I was about the Dippers game.

Bear in mind that we've only taken a point from Wigan in our last two meetings (if I remember correctly). While they may roll over for Man Utd every year, they rarely fail to give us a run for our money. Also it wouldn't be the first time they've put a dent in our title hopes.

Believe me when I say I'm going to be bricking it for the next week.

WIGAN 3 CHELSEA 1

Hull 1 Chelsea 1

West Ham 1 Chelsea 1

Chelsea 2 Portsmouth 1 (took a lateish penalty)

Burnley 1 Chelsea 2 (took a late winner)

Chelsea 2 Hull 1 (very late winner)

Stoke 1 Chelsea 2 (ridiculously late winner)

Feet back on the ground time everyone. The Wigan game is not a formality.

Next Sunday can't come quick enough but is going to be nerve wracking as hell when it gets here.

Luckily we didn't pick up any knocks today (at least none that we know of). I would expect to see exactly the same starting eleven as started today. Kalou, in particular, deserves to start after his performance today and agianst Stoke.

Eyes on the prize lads!!

point taken

So another week of 'The nervous wreck club ' here . I hate Wigan and a serious amounts of thoughts will be running through my head . A draw is no good , so its same as usual please Carlo. To f**k it up on the final day would be far too much to live with.

These games can bite us in the arse. We need to score before Utd or the pressure will be on. Can't see us losing but it will have be a professional approach and victory with some style. If we score early I think it will be often... :D

To be frank, if the team can't lift and win this Wigan game, we won't deserve the title.

It's the most important game of the season, with a home crowd behind us...how can the team fail to be motivated?

Here's to hoping we win it.

Just so effing glad this game is at home.

Thats they key for me.

The players just need to be calm , focused and if needs be, patient.

If that happens i think we will be just fine.

I hope they watch the Wigan defeat from Sep on dvd this week too.

Wigan has nothing to play for so if we give them any sort of feeling they might get something out of the game we will be in serious trouble.

We need to start attacking like maniacs right from the start and go for the early goal. Malouda, Lampard and Anelka are the key players on this early mayhem. If we break the deadlock we are that much closer to the big prize. Can't be stupid though. If Wigan scores first it will be a h*ll of a game from there on.

:D

im just delighted that we are playing at home, the boys will have the support and they know what prize there is at stake.

Im expecting to be sh*tting myself during this game, as it will be the biggest game for the club for awhile now and we all want it badly.

Wigan has nothing to play for, but they will surely try to do everything to win and it wont be a walk in the park for us. Come on Chelsea, make us proud!

I am MORE nervous for this game than against Liverpool.

Liverpool were in tatters before the game and I just felt the only way they'd get to us is if they jagged a goal first, which was unlikely with Torres out. Fortunately, that came to pass!

Everyone says Wigan have nothing to play for. What about going down forever in history as the team that changed a title race on the last day? Wigan would go down in history as the team which handed United their fourth straight title AND helped them topple Liverpool's record of league titles. That's as powerful a motivation as anything- and all they need is a draw.

Stoke certainly don't have the same motivation, not least because we a) thumped them 7-0 and :D exacerbated their internal trouble

Just hoping for nothing stupid such as an early red card. Imagine if were 1-0 up with 10 mins left lol that would be insane. Always the possibility that Wigan will park the team bus and we can't get through, damn so nervous

Wigan are a decent side and they proved that with the comeback against Arsenal as well as the win against us.

I don't think all the "if we don't win this we don't deserve the title" posts really need saying as usually the team that ends on top deserves the title..all I can say is we deserve to be a point ahead with one game to go and I'm proud of the boys for coming through some sticky patches and showing that with a bit of tweaking this team can challenge again next year and if the missing ingrediants are pinpointed and added we will be quite a force.

I would rather have Wigan at home last match than Liverpool away so getting yesterdays game out the way to me is good news, imagine how we'd feel had we only picked up a point yesterday and we needed UTD to drop points at home to Stoke.

It's in our hands on the last day and regardless of the result we are having a great season.

Kalou must get another start and he might just be playing his way away from the exit door for next season, he never complains and if hes here and can keep playing like the last couple of games I'll start believing he might yet live up to the potential he has showed for about the last five years..a late developer maybe or a player with a Manager thats starting to find a way to get the best out of him?

Just hoping for nothing stupid such as an early red card. Imagine if were 1-0 up with 10 mins left lol that would be insane. Always the possibility that Wigan will park the team bus and we can't get through, damn so nervous

I dont think they will park the bus. Martinez likes his teams to play football. I cant imagine they will do anything less on sunday as they have nothing to lose anyway.

Archived