best player since 2000 who only played 1 season

ws6blue

hard to remembr all of them, but one who sticks out for me is TIAGO, he got some good goals (mancu away!) and played big part in winning the title, not sure why he left so quickly as he was one of jose's boys

hard to remembr all of them, but one who sticks out for me is TIAGO, he got some good goals (mancu away!) and played big part in winning the title, not sure why he left so quickly as he was one of jose's boys

Because we used him as bait to get Essien.

There can't be too many players whohave onlybeen with us for one season and have been any good. Nine times out of ten,if they are moved on after a season, it's because they are sh*te!!!

Does Emerson Thome count ? He left in 2000 didnt he ? Always rated him but he cant have been around longer than a season.

I seem to recall we let him go and signed Bogarde - all in a weeks work.

Hutchinson at his most clinical.

Edited by bjd

So are you saying they're both leaving this summer?

No, but he is the best Ive seen that only played one season since 2000.....Stoch I mean.

Edited by coco

Tiago was brilliant and I loved the guy. One of those situations where he left before he had a chance to turn bad, and he did so reluctantly as I recall. He wanted to make sure he got enough games to play for Portugal in WC2006.

It is bizarre how time seems to heal wounds as I recall when Tiago was here that there was a small group of us on here, of which I was one, who thought he was a very good player who we should have used more but the majority of people considered him a bit of a 'what does he actually do' player.

Granted it wasn't the same people who are now praising him on this thread however I am surprised not to see anyone disagreeing.

For the record I agree with G4 that it is Deschamps. A water carrier he may have been, and a water carrier who only needed to play at 80%, but he was the main reason Wise had his best ever season for us and his role in the team was massvely understood, and under appreciated, by a lot of Chelsea fans who just seemed desperate to have someone to abuse.

Khalid Boulahrouz

the first match agains barca

i dont see anyplayer play better agains ronaldinho that time

he was miracle in that match

He was great in that game but he was a bloody liability 99.8% of the rest of the time.

I remember a poster coming on here just after we signed him to let us know his Championship Manager ratings for Boula. At that point it appeared we had signed the love child of a gang bang involving Fat Ronaldo's wife, Beckenbauer, Maldini, Desailly and Cafu as his ratings went something like:

(put of 10)

Tackling 10

Marking 9.5

Heading 10

Positioning 9

Left Foot 9

Right Foot 10

Set Piece Defending 9.5

Passing 10

Comedy Impressions 10

Cross Stitching 9

Whittling 10

Sail Making 9.5

Social Skills 10

Grammar 9

Does Emerson Thome count ? He left in 2000 didnt he ? Always rated him but he cant have been around longer than a season.

yeah i said thome but bogarde was signed the season after him ,the year luca was sacked, 2000 01 could be wrong bjd. but good call with thome.

Jesus, i'd forgotton about Emerson.

Sorry about this , but if you go back a bit , anybody remember Dennis Rofe ? think he played 1 season for us in 79 or 80 ?

Think we bought him from Norwich ? Ok i know im years behind the topic .

Edited by clubhappy

Scott Sinclair

No I want to change that, got to be Stoch.

Nah.... really??

Half my family are from Bath, they all keep telling me how good he was at school and all that, and honestly I couldn't wait for him to do well in the prem. But he's not that good. He's quicker than Ian Hislop's synapses, but when you consider his technique he's not really up there is he?

Hang on, you're joking aren't you... you have to be, you're a mod and you're supposed to be reasonable

It is bizarre how time seems to heal wounds as I recall when Tiago was here that there was a small group of us on here, of which I was one, who thought he was a very good player who we should have used more but the majority of people considered him a bit of a 'what does he actually do' player.

Granted it wasn't the same people who are now praising him on this thread however I am surprised not to see anyone disagreeing.

For the record I agree with G4 that it is Deschamps. A water carrier he may have been, and a water carrier who only needed to play at 80%, but he was the main reason Wise had his best ever season for us and his role in the team was massvely understood, and under appreciated, by a lot of Chelsea fans who just seemed desperate to have someone to abuse.

Not going to lie, I never saw the need for Tiago, and never appreciated him when he was here. Saw him as a good prospect, but despite his high points would never have dropped anyone for him. His time in France proved me wrong, however I would have thought his career would have gone better without a stay in the chelsea bench/minor games duldrums. Great player, never saw it at the time.

What about George 'FIFA World Player Of The Year' George Weah? Bag of sh*te for us, but perhaps one of the classier one-season guys>?

Edited by sleepy_gonzalez

I wouldn'y say Weah was sh*te for us, he is actually another good shout.

If we were going back before 2000 like Clubber has done I would say Clive Allen is a good shout and that was only half a season.