World Cup 2010 Semi Finals

loz

I know most people are expecting a Holland vs Germany final however I am not convinced. I have a feeling Germany's run is going to come to an end at the hands of a Spanish side who will have learned a lot from watching how Argentina capitulated due to poor tactics. I can see Ozil being kept very quiet and Schwiensteiger starved of space to prevent him orchestrating the German midfield.

Uruguay vs Holland I can also see creating an upset however maybe courtesy of extra time and penalties. Uruguay are going to go after Robben in a manner that we all know he doesn't like and his threat may well be negated by that. If the ref is strong then Uruguay may well pay a heavy price which hands the advantage to Holland but if the ref is weak on 'team fouling' then I can see Uruguay coming out on top.

Uruguay are going to go after Robben in a manner that we all know he doesn't like and his threat may well be negated by that.

They will do well to kick him more than Brazil did. I think that tactic would be their downfall. I expect Holland to win but Uruguay won't make it easy for them.

Germany to edge Spain but it is 50:50 really.

I hope Uruguay and Germany wins, but I think Holland will win. Not sure about Spain. If they can play to their full potential then I think they'll beat Germany, or if Germany suddenly plays badly.

I second this.

Holland is going to beat Uruguay. They are playing without Suarez.

Great logic considering this is the player who you constantly tell everyone is very average.

Uruguay have some good players and i can see this match going into extra time. Ideally the final will be spain netherlands as that guarantees a new winner of the tournament. Spain will have learnt a lot from what germany did to england and argentina and i think the quality of their players may be just enough to edge it. No matter what both matches should be absolutely fantastic

Uruguay will be without two of their key players - Suarez, their striker and Facile, their left back. I believe the Dutch will shut down Forlan. Uruguay are difficult to score against but with Facile out, Robben will be difficult to stop. I expect the attacking trio of Robben, Sneijder and van Persie to break down the Uruguyan defence and predict a Netherland's victory!

Uruguay will be without two of their key players - Suarez, their striker and Facile, their left back. I believe the Dutch will shut down Forlan. Uruguay are difficult to score against but with Facile out, Robben will be difficult to stop. I expect the attacking trio of Robben, Sneijder and van Persie to break down the Uruguyan defence and predict a Netherland's victory!

I think Dutch win and Sneijder and Robben will shine, but RVP has been pretty average so far...

I'm just wondering if Spain can shut down Sweinstager and Co. They haven't really been challenged by a decent attack or midfield yet. Chile might have attacked them most and they were down a man and still got one.

Apart from the Queen's Official birthday (Koninginnedag, for those in the know), I have never seen so many people dressed in orange than today!

Too much confidence we'll reach the final, too much confidence :greysweat:

Hell of a strike by Gio. I was always gutted when he signed for Arsenal rather than us and was surprised when it didn't really work out for him in England.

The bicycle kick was fine - total accident. Van Bommel on the other hand shouldn't be on the park anymore.

Loz, where are your orange glasses? Find them and put them on please. Can't have this reasonable, neutral, and rational behaviour now!

Archived