MOTM vs Newcastle (CC)

loz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM against Newcastle?

• Turnbull
    • Van Aanholt
    • Terry
    • Bruma
    • Ferreira
    • Ramires
    • Benayoun
    • Zhirkov
    • Anelka
    • Sturridge
    • Kakuta
    • Alex
    • Kalou
    • McEachran

Pretty easy one for me. McEachran for coming off the bench and starting to control a midfield that had been abandoned by Zhirkov and Benayoun. He went a long way tonight to showing that of the youngsters he is the nearest to being capable of stepping up to first team action. Unfortunately Kakuta did the opposite.

I thought McEachran was outstanding when he came on, he wanted the ball all the time (unlike zhirkov and benayoun.) and he seemed to drift past players with ease. Despite Anelka's 2 goals I thought he was useless for 50 odd minutes, but did come alive in the second half and nearly rescued the game for us.

Anelka for me, I almost felt bad for the guy after his amazing efforts that we still lost the game.

McEachran (and PVA to a lesser extent) was superb though, a close second, no one else really came close

Sturridge was pretty woeful IMO, as was Turnbull, and Bruma...

Anelka had a fine match, constently involved and drove the team forward. But for me Josh was outstanding. I raved about him to some friends pre match and had hoped he would get a start. However, he did not dissapoint when he came on, an outstanding performance, never looked out of place.

I also thought PVA had a solid game, Bruma did ok, lot to learn still, silly free kick conceded for the second goal. Biggest dissapointments were Turnbull, Ferreira (thought we had become the first club in history to send a player out on loan to a team we were actually playing!) but most dissapointing of all was Sturridge, needs to take a long hard look at himself, somewhere in there is a good player trying to get out and he needs to sort himself out..

Automatic Generated Message!

This topic has been closed by Admin, Moderator or Web Team.

Reason: Poll closed

If you disagree to this action, please report this post. The Shed End staff will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum Staff