Joshua McEachran

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Been reading quite a lot of praise for this young lad in the tabloids in recent weeks. Started doing a bit of reading up on him and turns out he has been at the club since he was 8. Apparently this season he has developed quite spectacularly. Be nice to have a local lad come through the ranks and make it into the first team!!

Anyone on here seen him play for the youth team or know a bit more about him than the dregs i have been able to read on the net?

Yeah, I've heard good things, but don't know a lot about him to be honest.

Aside from football manager of course ::ChELSeAFaN::

Lots of papers are saying that he's joining up with the 5 youngsters Carlo's promoting to the first team (Kakuta, Bruma, Hutch, Borini, Van Aanholt). Great if true, will add some youth and creativity to our midfield.

Slightly surprised Tore's not being added to the squad, seeing as he seems to be one of the players, along with those 5, who has received a lot of praise on the forum.

Still, I guess we can't promote them all.

he's from oxford not london I think...

but still, lovely left foot, very clever and creative. the closest thing we have to wilshere (although josh is definitely best through the middle IMO).

not really relevent but does anyone know whats happened to Michael Woods? i remember a couple of years ago people were talking about him and he made a few stoppage time sub appearances in the cups but i think that was when Jose was still here! Havent heard anything about him in ages.

Josh is still only 17 and for me, has been the stand out player for the youth team on many occassions this season.

Might not always catch the eye, like Tore or Sala perhaps, but he's got a good footballing brain and uses the ball well and rarely gives it away.

Hope I haven't gone and jinxed him for tonight now. Be good to see him have a stormer and cap it with a goal or an assist or two. I really can see this lad in the first 11 at some point (the coaching staff will probably have to beef him up a bit though).

Someone will have to tell me how to pronounce McEachran, I'm not too sure about that. :wub: In return, I will teach how to pronounce Gullit and Melchiot.

Edited by Valerie

Someone will have to tell me how to pronounce McEachran, I'm not too sure about that. :wub: In return, I will teach how to pronounce Gullit and Melchiot.

I'll take a few wild guesses and say McEachran is pronounced something close to "mack-Ech-run". I've got no idea what's the proper way to pronounce Melchiot, but I assume Gullit is pronounced something like "Hool-lit". Am I even remotely close?

I spoke with Jason Cundy in Milan, he rates this kid very highly. I've watched all the youth team games this season, he really reminds me of a young Mickey Fillery, though a bit in and out, when he is song he is sublime, kinda get the feeling he gets himself up for big games and tonight was no exception.

He was the best player on the park by a country mile. In the second half he strutted his stuff higher up the pitch and was one of the main reasons behind us turning the game around and getting the kids a victory their dominance deserved.

I'm not going to be shy here, he ghosted past players like a young Georgie Best, if he manages to be half as good as him he will make a living in the game. It was one of the most impressive performances i've ever seen from a young Chelsea player, but as i've said he has to do it consistently, his next two years will be crucial, but I know for a fact the Chelsea coaches rate him as high as high can be.

Make no mistake this is the best Chelsea Youth Team since the days of Ossie and co.

Josh is still only 17 and for me, has been the stand out player for the youth team on many occassions this season.

Might not always catch the eye, like Tore or Sala perhaps, but he's got a good footballing brain and uses the ball well and rarely gives it away.

Hope I haven't gone and jinxed him for tonight now. Be good to see him have a stormer and cap it with a goal or an assist or two. I really can see this lad in the first 11 at some point (the coaching staff will probably have to beef him up a bit though).

Mate read the thread i started i made earlier before i saw this on Josh. Exactly like you say; Josh doesnt catch the eye until he does something completely out of this world, and then people forget in a few minutes, as it is usually over and done with before Tore gets back on his feet lol. Josh will be definately good enough for chelsea first team.

I'll take a few wild guesses and say McEachran is pronounced something close to "mack-Ech-run". I've got no idea what's the proper way to pronounce Melchiot, but I assume Gullit is pronounced something like "Hool-lit". Am I even remotely close?

Errr, no :D

G (as in loch),

u (as in run)

llit (as in lit).

And without producing any phlegm. Ask Liam, I know I've been very successful in teaching him.

Edited by Valerie

Lots of papers are saying that he's joining up with the 5 youngsters Carlo's promoting to the first team (Kakuta, Bruma, Hutch, Borini, Van Aanholt). Great if true, will add some youth and creativity to our midfield.

No Stoch (or is that a given? or Gokan? Very suprised, but was there actual quotes or merely press speculation?