Frank Lampard

Ben

Ironic when it comes at a time when he's not playing well and if everyone was fit (and Carlo had bigger balls) you would question whether he would be in our starting 11 on form.

Well Done anyway!

Edited by Nibs

It's about time. Although to be perfectly honest from a Chelsea perspective it would be in our interests if he flipped them off and retired from international football altogether.

+1... Definitely.

Well pleased for Frank, I can't understand how any Chelsea fan can't be happy about it, it will be something else for him to look back on with huge pride and Captaining your Country at any sport is not something to be taken lightly.

Its ok to sit at home thinking its all meaningless and I'm not overly patriotic but being one of the best at what you do and doing it for your Country must be one huge boost to your pride.

Well pleased for Frank, I can't understand how any Chelsea fan can't be happy about it, it will be something else for him to look back on with huge pride and Captaining your Country at any sport is not something to be taken lightly.

Its ok to sit at home thinking its all meaningless and I'm not overly patriotic but being one of the best at what you do and doing it for your Country must be one huge boost to your pride.

great post

Congratulations to Frank, but frankly the morons who follow England and boo the players dont deserve him, or any of our players come to that. I think this is the perfect opportunity for him to turn and tell em to shove it and retire about 10 minutes before the game and explain exactly why.

Congratulations to Frank, but frankly the morons who follow England and boo the players dont deserve him, or any of our players come to that. I think this is the perfect opportunity for him to turn and tell em to shove it and retire about 10 minutes before the game and explain exactly why.

I agree.

Of course it's an honour to captain your country but you have to take into account circumstances. Frank will know he is only being given the armband because others aren't available for one reason or another. And if it's a sh*t performance, good old Frank will be no 1 scapegoat and people will be saying he should've been axed ages ago.

So as dkw says, why bother?

I agree.

Of course it's an honour to captain your country but you have to take into account circumstances. Frank will know he is only being given the armband because others aren't available for one reason or another. And if it's a sh*t performance, good old Frank will be no 1 scapegoat and people will be saying he should've been axed ages ago.

So as dkw says, why bother?

We all see things differently but if I were in Franks Boots I'd think of it that whatever anyone says about his performance he is proving them wrong time and time again by getting picked to play, getting picked to be Captain whether first choice or fourth choice would be an honour for me and one I'd remember for the rest of my Days.

There are always scapegoats in Football as in any sport and more so where the media is concerned but that shouldn't get in the way of a persons ambitions, Frank knows the people that get on his back are in the wrong and there are plenty who don't who are in the right, There are people who still want to see England and want the National team to do well, people like myself who are not the most patriotic of England fans but show a bit of interest and always find it a lot more interesting when Chelsea players are involved, he still has a loyalty to them I would imagine.

Anyone watching this? Really good to see Lampard with the armband!

That Erickson looks like a damn good player to me, some of his crossing and shooting has been very impressive. Seems to be good at finding that little bit of space too.

It doesnt matter who they pass the arm band to, its pretty obviuse to any one paying attention that Terry is very much still the on pitch captian.

How strange that he has been left on the pitch for the whole game

Edited by barak81

It doesnt matter who they pass the arm band to, its pretty obviuse to any one paying attention that Terry is very much still the on pitch captian.

How strange that he has been left on the pitch for the whole game

It really is isnt it, he is as much the captain now as when he was officially the captain. But for me this just shows how much of a push over Capello is that hge has buckled to the press`s whim in taking it off him yet obviously has him as a leader in the pitch. That Erickson does look very impressive blizeH, at the centre of everything the Danes are doing going forward.