Why Critisise Drogba All The Time?!

Keiron

I've been reading peoples opinions on the liverpool game and about other matches on our bad run and noticed drogba is gettin the brunt of it more than anyone else in the team,

did anyone bother too watch the bolton game? that goal was unbeliavable

he has a bad game against liverpool and coupled with not scorin at sunderland he needs too be out the team

he has played fairly crap recently but my point bein which player hasnt ?? barrin ramires.. the loyalty people show the premier leagues top scorer last season on here is a disgrace we're SUPPORTERS we're there to SUPPORT our players.. nico has a good game against sunderland and hes amazin and drogbas naff?

every f**ker played awful in pool game and TORRES was the worst why is nobody sayin drop torress and let him force his way in..

by the way id just like to say the way luiz got on the ball and was urgin people forward and how comfortable he looked was brilliant he looks a top top player

p.s im not slatin fernando but i think drogba AND anelka are more deserving of a place at pressent !

next season i feel will be torres and studge!

I've been reading peoples opinions on the liverpool game and about other matches on our bad run and noticed drogba is gettin the brunt of it more than anyone else in the team,

did anyone bother too watch the bolton game? that goal was unbeliavable

he has a bad game against liverpool and coupled with not scorin at sunderland he needs too be out the team

he has played fairly crap recently but my point bein which player hasnt ?? barrin ramires.. the loyalty people show the premier leagues top scorer last season on here is a disgrace we're SUPPORTERS we're there to SUPPORT our players.. nico has a good game against sunderland and hes amazin and drogbas naff?

every f**ker played awful in pool game and TORRES was the worst why is nobody sayin drop torress and let him force his way in..

by the way id just like to say the way luiz got on the ball and was urgin people forward and how comfortable he looked was brilliant he looks a top top player

p.s im not slatin fernando but i think drogba AND anelka are more deserving of a place at pressent !

next season i feel will be torres and studge!

What, No Drogba?!!!

Firstly, plenty of people have been saying that it was a mistake to start Torres. New signing, only had a couple of days to get to know his new teammates, and in such a pressure situation. It would, so many of us thought, have been better to stick with a winning lineup and brought Torres on sometime in the second half.

There's also been quite a debate around whether Drogba should have been given so much playing time to get back to fitness while getting over malaria. It's nowhere near as straightforward as "blame Drogba, he's crap".

I agree hutch so many things were open for critism after the Liverpool match, I don't think the majority are shouldering the blame on drogba. Team selection, tactics, lack of drive, quality and guile from every player, all contributed to probably the worst performance a while. Unfortunately there's been a few stinkers this season, sunderland at home was awful. Just hope we kick on and make the top 4, I won't be losing any sleep if we don't win any of the cup competitions. I'd be gutted if the spuds or dippers pinched 4th!

I think because everyone has very high expectations of Drogba, his perofrmances are made to look worse than they are. As has been mentioned no player has played well recently apart form Ramires. The problem is Dorgba if the focal point of the attack and we need more agression from him. Against Fulham I would go with one of Drogba or Torres in the centre, with Malouda and Kalou either side.

Carlo has to take the brunt of the blame, it's his job to prepare the team, select the players. His job to motivate them. His job to make changes when things aren't going right.

Of course the players have to take some blame, Carlo can't be blamed for their inability to pass the ball 5 yards. But a lot of that comes from confidence and motivation, which is something he should be instilling in them before every game, especially one like Liverpool with the surrounding media stories.

Sadly a large amount of Chelsea fans have never taken to Drogba for one reason or another.

But it's their loss if they can't appreciate one of the greatest ever Chelsea players.

Supporters of most other clubs would worship Drogba if he played for their team but at Chelsea they turn on him as soon as the goals stop.

No wonder he seems to have a better relationship with Marseille fans despite only spending one year there, they absolutely love him.

Sadly a large amount of Chelsea fans have never taken to Drogba for one reason or another.

But it's their loss if they can't appreciate one of the greatest ever Chelsea players.

Supporters of most other clubs would worship Drogba if he played for their team but at Chelsea they turn on him as soon as the goals stop.

No wonder he seems to have a better relationship with Marseille fans despite only spending one year there, they absolutely love him.

Oh come on, Drogba has had more than his fair share of adulation.

And that's the French for you. They are far more inclined to love someone even when he is making a complete c**t of himself!

I would agree with this

I think any player consistently not performing is ok to criticise on here................and thru this season didier has been poor from the point that he is leading the attack and was our leading scorer last year - I say fair enuf cos thats his job isn't it, look at hos overall game and;

1. in defence he is still brilliant on many occasions

2. goal scoring is patchy for a striker in top 4 team who plays most games

3. his link play and holding the ball is poor - very often gives it away

4. his work rate is poor, he jogs about but very rarely bursts into anything like full pelt, he has lost that burst of power - sad but true

5. heading in attack is patchy

6. free-kicks are patchy

7. yes still a big character in the team, but he's living off last season still

oh, and last of all I still haven't got over his pratting about away to marseille - looked like a bridesmaid, no doubt in my mind thats where he'll be playing next year

he's been a great player for us, and definitely a legend...................but no longer good enuf

I think any player consistently not performing is ok to criticise on here................and thru this season didier has been poor from the point that he is leading the attack and was our leading scorer last year - I say fair enuf cos thats his job isn't it, look at hos overall game and;

1. in defence he is still brilliant on many occasions

2. goal scoring is patchy for a striker in top 4 team who plays most games

3. his link play and holding the ball is poor - very often gives it away

4. his work rate is poor, he jogs about but very rarely bursts into anything like full pelt, he has lost that burst of power - sad but true

5. heading in attack is patchy

6. free-kicks are patchy

7. yes still a big character in the team, but he's living off last season still

oh, and last of all I still haven't got over his pratting about away to marseille - looked like a bridesmaid, no doubt in my mind thats where he'll be playing next year

he's been a great player for us, and definitely a legend...................but no longer good enuf

Also the main reason is that him playing may hinder Torres, who, if he regains form is the best striker on the planet

Also the main reason is that him playing may hinder Torres, who, if he regains form is the best striker on the planet

What makes you say that, because if anything I believe Torres and Drogba could make a great partnership. Drogba is superb at holding up the ball and creating chances for his fellow players and that could work well with Torres playing off him.

What makes you say that, because if anything I believe Torres and Drogba could make a great partnership. Drogba is superb at holding up the ball and creating chances for his fellow players and that could work well with Torres playing off him.

Believe me, i'd love it to work, however last game didn't fill me with confidence. Our players are much better suited to the 4-3-3 formation, with which it is very difficult to facilitate both Drogba and Torres, let alone all 3. It worked with Drogba/Anelka because Anelka pushed out wide, a role which I don't expect either Torres or Drogba to play.

Then again, its only been 1 game and its a bit harsh to judge. Hopefully after 1 month i'd think differently

It is quite natural to criticize a man who was a total monster last season and brilliant at the start of the season and all of a sudden he doesn't win any headers and he doesn't shoot. There was malaria, midfielders missing and all that but it is place to criticize him. He isn't on his best level and he needs to be if we wan't to win something this season. He criticizes himself and so should we. His standards are so high so you can easily see if he slips into mediocrity.

Apart from a 1 or 2 good performances, Torres hasn't done much in the past 2-3 months, with Drogba not being there.

As for the Drogba witch-hunt it happens every single season I wouldn't worry about them mate. Despite being played while clearly unfit he's still our leading goalscorer & assister in the League.

Lampard & Essien for example have been as bad as Didier in recent weeks but they don't get nowhere the same amount of criticism Didier gets. A player that's given so much to the club and has helped us win so many trophies deserves far more respect and patience than the idiots on here give him.

Edited by Gilvorak

I think Drogs’ form this season has generally been quite poor, no doubt due to his Malaria which can takes an eternity to recover fully from. Currently he seems to be more of a nuisance to the opposition defence rather than a threat. He has been a fantastic player for us but there comes a time when you have to ask if we have had the best out of him and how much longer can we rely on him to deliver. Given his age, I imagine a decision will be made either at the end of this season or next.