So if it wasn't blatantly obvious to everyone

A ridiculous number of soft (and timely) red cards in Barca Champions League matches in the last few years... Drogba, Del Horno, Lehmann, Motta, van Persie and now Pepe. What odds Shrek gets sent off in the final? At least now some people are starting to see God's gift to football for what they really are.

I would wait to see who gets a red, Barca will see after 20 minutes who has the most influence for Utd then target him as they do in most games. f**king pack of w**kers.

I will give you 2/1 Rooney gets red, or 10/11 for Vidic.

They should probably just give Vidic the red now to save him the humiliation of doing it during the match. ;)

Grrr I shouldn't have watched the chelsea v uefalona one, got me all fired up again, I actually didnt mind barca those first few times in the champs league we had them where some epic games, but that was before the rebranding. It's looking like 2009 again where I don't bother watching the final

Don't watch the first three minutes, you'll just get angry!

Always hated Barca's antics...God knows why they're allowed to get away with crowding the referee every other minute...dirty little sh*ts!! Especially Alves, Busquets, Xavi and Puyol...and Messi...and Pedro...and Valdes too probably - if given the chance, although diving is part of his job.

Preaching to the choir just look at 2009. FC Barcelona - greatest Cheaters to ever play the game.

Warning above link may induce uncontrollable rage.

Oh God, I am still raging. I should never have watched it. If I ever see Ovrebo in the DC area, I will bitch-slap him.

Oh God, I am still raging. I should never have watched it. If I ever see Ovrebo in the DC area, I will bitch-slap him.

If you see him in the DC area, call me so I can join the slapfest.

Yea sorry to dredge it up Phillip but its all evidence building against them. We've known the truth about them for a long time now and the rest of the world is starting to catch up. Real Madrid aren't any better but Barca have turned cheating, acting and official manipulation into an art form all while maintaining this holier than thou attitude and its f**king disgusting. Since that night I've thought we should just boycott the farce that is the CL until something is done about this bullsh*t and the other English clubs would be right to join us.

Obviously Barcelona are massive cheats and should be hated accordingly, but the thing that I was actually disgusted by in the video Castiel posted was Ballack chasing the referee around trying to get a penalty for something that wasn't even handball. We all expect that kind of behaviour from Barcelona, but we're normally above that sort of thing. Was more angry at that than any of the other incidents in the video.

Obviously Barcelona are massive cheats and should be hated accordingly, but the thing that I was actually disgusted by in the video Castiel posted was Ballack chasing the referee around trying to get a penalty for something that wasn't even handball. We all expect that kind of behaviour from Barcelona, but we're normally above that sort of thing. Was more angry at that than any of the other incidents in the video.

I understand your point but personally I stand behind him and Drogba 100%. That corner was the last play of the game, you can see in the video Cech came out himself in an attempt to use his height to get the ball in the net and was pushed over. We had 6 possible penalty appeals (I don't personally think all 6 were legitimate but at least 3 were) in that game and the reff denied every single one of them, at that stage in the game I can understand why Drogba and Ballack lost it.

But I don't think we need to be dragging this topic up again, I wasn't a member of this board at the time but I'm sure the topic was discussed in depth and laid to rest at the appropriate time. I've moved on, the team have moved on, I feel we're stronger for it but nobody should forget what a farce Barcelona and UEFA really are.

Yes, that was the dodgiest one of the handballs, but I think the pent-up frustration inside Ballack just got the better of him given all of the earlier non-calls, and I can't fault him too much in that regard.

...the thing that I was actually disgusted by in the video Castiel posted was Ballack chasing the referee around trying to get a penalty for something that wasn't even handball...

I think Ballack didn't react to just that incident but it was frustration of seeing Barca constantly getting away with all sorts of things. I think that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

---[edit]---

And while I was typing my reply, Philip pretty much summed it up.

Edited by Maksimov

Oh thanks for ruining my day!

Im actually well known for keeping my cool/calm, but that stuff makes me so angry. I think if I was Ballack I would of just slugged Overbo in the face as you KNOW he saw that handball and is intentionally cheating you out of your entitlement.

You couldnt pay me enought to disgrace myself like that in public, to me dignity is more important than trophies. Prostitute should be prouder of how they earn their money than Barca players.

The true enemy the game, for all to see...... and if I was a ref, that'd be the team I threw the book at every time, the ones trying to make me look stupid and giving me an impossible job with their ceaseless quest of trying to win through unethical means.

I understand the frustration directed at Barcelona because of their 'play acting' but I don't buy this "blatant diving and cheating" accusation. Barcelona are fouled more than any other team on the planet but making the most out of the foul is not diving. The top English teams dominate refs quite frequently. Two decades ago English football prided itself in not being part of these shennanigans but today English footballers are as guilty as anyone else.

I don't condone the tone of the vitriolic abuse aimed at Barcelona. I am accustomed to this type of reaction from Arsenal and Man Utd fans and I expectr better from our fans. Granted it has been a disappointing season so far for us but there is no need to take it out on Barcelona. I'll leave that to the Man Utd fans after the C.L. Final.

You have to remember this wasnt just a game, this was the chance to be at the pinnacle of your career that was taken from them, as bossy so elequently put it, like a thief in the night.

You try dedicating your whole life to something just for someone to render all that hard work and perperation worthless through acts of corruption/incompetence. I'm just suprised Ballack didnt actually attack him, in a world where people have been killed over 25cents or commonly over road rage, I think Ballack showed some remarkable restraint!

I understand the frustration directed at Barcelona because of their 'play acting' but I don't buy this "blatant diving and cheating" accusation. Barcelona are fouled more than any other team on the planet but making the most out of the foul is not diving. The top English teams dominate refs quite frequently. Two decades ago English football prided itself in not being part of these shennanigans but today English footballers are as guilty as anyone else.

I don't condone the tone of the vitriolic abuse aimed at Barcelona. I am accustomed to this type of reaction from Arsenal and Man Utd fans and I expectr better from our fans. Granted it has been a disappointing season so far for us but there is no need to take it out on Barcelona. I'll leave that to the Man Utd fans after the C.L. Final.

I believe :pUKe: is the appropriate response to that.

Going down clutching your face when someone touched your shoulder is not "making the most of a foul" its simulating an incident that did NOT occur period. Its cheating, its the worst aspect of the game, and the fact that one of the best club sides in history CONTINUALLY rely on it shouldbe viewed with utter distain and contempt. When this is also the team that preaches to play the best football, calls solid defencive displays against them "anti-football" and labels those who beat them "enemies of football", that makes the disdain even more ehart felt. The fact that UEFA always turns a blind eye to this, and has historically employed refs who seem to favour Barca just shows what a joke they are and that they truely care little for the game aside from how much money it can make them.

Then again, we are just voicing our concerns on a website. Its not as if we try to assualt the oppositions managers, try to mob and hijack their vehicles or turning the sprinklers on when a team is celebrating beating us at our home in the CL,..... no those are the hallmarks of "more than just a football club"!

Edited by Barry Bridges