Reasons to be worried.............Pt 3

Nibs

Maybe I should avoid reading all of the Sunday Papers and listening to TalkSport etc but with this season still not officially over, I am already worried about next season and in particular because:

Looks like we are about to sack Carlo and appoint ???????, which will make six managers in four years (is that right - I'm having trouble keeping track?).

Even worse, the rumours that Avram Grant will be brought back in some kinda role - Director of Football?

And the main signing we are being linked with is the injury prone and well past his sell by date, Kaka.

May be panicking unnecessarily, but after a very disappointing season, I can't help but worry that things could get a whole lot worse.

And West Ham took no time in getting rid of him. I hope that's a wake up call to Roman. However, I can see somehow Avi claiming "hey, I got us to the final of the CL and second in the league."

I hope he comes nowhere near our club again

West Ham deserved to be relegated. The owners did a lousy job when they appointed Grant as manager. The guy is clueless. The writing was on the wall when he took over as manager. Shame on him for the lack of team spirit as he lost the dressing room and shame on the owners for not replacing him in January.

If he comes back to the Bridge I'll throw up!

Maybe I should avoid reading all of the Sunday Papers and listening to TalkSport etc but with this season still not officially over, I am already worried about next season and in particular because:

Looks like we are about to sack Carlo and appoint ???????, which will make six managers in four years (is that right - I'm having trouble keeping track?).

Even worse, the rumours that Avram Grant will be brought back in some kinda role - Director of Football?

And the main signing we are being linked with is the injury prone and well past his sell by date, Kaka.

May be panicking unnecessarily, but after a very disappointing season, I can't help but worry that things could get a whole lot worse.

We're only really 1 more uncalled for appointment of a manager and another vanity signing from disaster.

We're only really 1 more uncalled for appointment of a manager and another vanity signing from disaster.

Dont be ridiculous, how on earth can our situation develop into a disaster. Do you work for the Daily Mail.

He's just done the double,first Pompey and now West Ham. The man is to football what Nick Leeson was to banking. He should be banned from the premiership.

Nah he should be given the Rottenham job for next season and then the Man Utd job the season after

Well we all know according to rumours that Hiddink is the favoured appt and I wouldn't say no to this, as much as I respect Carlo as a man. The chatter is also that Grant as a director of football which normally means acting as an intermediary between the manager and the board to relieve pressure on the manager by handling aspects away from day-to-day coaching, allowing them to focus on on-pitch performance. It may be that Grant is a good prospect for this given his experience - who knows. I'm not overly worried at this moment, esp as it appears that relevant aspects are being discussed/debated before the season is even over...

Depends on how you define disaster. I'm not talking relegation or mid-table, I'm talking about failing to qualify for the Champions League in 12/13.

I think disaster might have been too strong a word but I do agree, if we manage to f**k things up in the summer, next season could well make this season look a relatively successful one.

We seem to be at yet another crossroads (they seem to occur fairly often at our club!). I personally think the CL is very over-rated but it is no doubt the Holy Grail for some (important people) at the club. Utd are a gimme and with City, Arsenal, Spurs and the Dippers all contending for the other 3 CL places next season, some bad decisions in the summer could mean missing out on qualifying is a very real possibility. That's why I sincerely hope that Grant and Kaka are nowhere near Stamford Bridge anytime soon, actually, make that EVER.

I think the reality of life now is that we're at the end of the "Sky 4" era. Qualification for the CL is no longer a given. We have 6 teams legitimately staking their claims on those 4 golden places and we're just as vulnerable as anyone else to lose our status if we don't get our act together. Next season we may have 4 teams moving on the title, ending the grip we've shared on it with Man United since 2005. The season after we could have all 6 making a title challenge.

I feel this evolution of the league will be good for our sport in the long term, as we wont end up with a situation they have in Spain with only 2 teams capable of making any progress. Having better opponents will force us to be a better team, but we cannot be complacent. Ferguson said in an interview that he was going through the motions until Mourinho's Chelsea rose, and had been doing the same since he left.

Now we shouldn't overreact. Look at Arsenal, they're in far worse danger of being the next heavyweight to take a KO punch. Man United are about to lose a fair number of their veterans and Ferguson can't possible go on for much longer. We need to capitalise and solidify ourselves or we could end up in Arsenal's position next season. But I'm optimistic. Considering we're clearly in squad transition, we haven't done so badly. If we're to get more new signings in the summer I feel we'll be in a very strong position next season.

But I'm optimistic. Considering we're clearly in squad transition, we haven't done so badly. If we're to get more new signings in the summer I feel we'll be in a very strong position next season.

I agree and I know it's too early to speculate but it does all boil down to what those coming and goings are. IF we keep too many of the current squad, a fair number of whom are past their best and bring in any more aging stars, also past their best AND cap it all off with a return of the hopeless one (in whatever capacity), then the optimism will evaporate.

I think the reality of life now is that we're at the end of the "Sky 4" era. Qualification for the CL is no longer a given. We have 6 teams legitimately staking their claims on those 4 golden places and we're just as vulnerable as anyone else to lose our status if we don't get our act together. Next season we may have 4 teams moving on the title, ending the grip we've shared on it with Man United since 2005. The season after we could have all 6 making a title challenge.

Been following the league for a while now and to be honest I dont think its going to be apart from us and United for the title. I may sound a bit cocky out here but if Arsene continues to be stubborn and if mancini continues to play his defensive game I dont see any threat to our CL spot. Though what I do fear is that if we do not act soon United may build a gap given their younger squad.

Been following the league for a while now and to be honest I dont think its going to be apart from us and United for the title. I may sound a bit cocky out here but if Arsene continues to be stubborn and if mancini continues to play his defensive game I dont see any threat to our CL spot. Though what I do fear is that if we do not act soon United may build a gap given their younger squad.

Well my speculation is of course dependant on how our rivals consolidate next season. Spurs could end up selling their stars and become significantly weaker and its likely that Liverpool's late form was just a flash in the pan, at least for now. City all depends on who they bring in and who they lose. Losing Tevez would cost them dearly, because he's simply in another league to Balotelli/Dezko and whoever else they may bring in (assuming they can't get your Ronaldo's and Messi's). Also if they bring in too many new players they'll be back at square 1 and could destroy all this seasons efforts over vanity for star names.

One thing is for certain, Chelsea and United are still the sides to beat. As for our rivals, we could end up with 6 teams going for the title, or the dust could settle and we end up with what we have now with City replacing Liverpools spot in the top 4. Liverpool could even break back in if the CL proves too much for City like it did Spurs. Really none of us know but we're in a pretty safe position for the time being.

Really none of us know but we're in a pretty safe position for the time being.

Careful - Confucius say he who show complacency, end up with egg on face!!!

Gone are the days where I feel safe and went into most games fairly certain we'd get a result. We'll have to wait and see what the summer brings - not just for us but our rivals too.

Apparently on talksh*te,mancity have enquired about ronaldo,now that is top tier,plenty of man u fans,saying show him the money,and he is guaranteed to be with you,after all man u are a bigger team than real madrid,him going ther would be awsome for them,51 goals and counting this season,that will only ramp up the pressure on us to try and compete,i do believe they willl now buy supremacy.

Apparently on talksh*te,mancity have enquired about ronaldo,now that is top tier,plenty of man u fans,saying show him the money,and he is guaranteed to be with you,after all man u are a bigger team than real madrid,him going ther would be awsome for them,51 goals and counting this season,that will only ramp up the pressure on us to try and compete,i do believe they willl now buy supremacy.

Its not impossible but frankly he'd carry City. Not sure if he'd enjoy doing that for too long. He's also a massive ego and would get a lot of media hate from United. I wouldn't be surprised if he left Spain though after what happened with Barcelona this season. He's clearly convinced that UEFA is biased in favour of them.

Archived