Pva

topley89

I was just on Leicester's forums to get the consensus on him. They seem to think his attacking threat is potentially world class when he bombs forward from the left but his defending leaves a lot to be desired. They seemed to agree that should they secure his loan again he should be used as a winger rather than a left back. Hopefully his defensive discipline can be taught though. Lots of comparisons to A.Cole.

I was just on Leicester's forums to get the consensus on him. They seem to think his attacking threat is potentially world class when he bombs forward from the left but his defending leaves a lot to be desired. They seemed to agree that should they secure his loan again he should be used as a winger rather than a left back. Hopefully his defensive discipline can be taught though. Lots of comparisons to A.Cole.

So a bit like a left-footed Glen Johnson?

I've not seen much of either of our young left backs, do people think that PvA is better than Bertrand? Which of them has greater potential?

So a bit like a left-footed Glen Johnson?

I've not seen much of either of our young left backs, do people think that PvA is better than Bertrand? Which of them has greater potential?

I haven't personally seen enough of either of them to make a judgement. The main complaint the Leicester fans had was he went forward and stayed in an advanced position which leave the left flank extremely exposed. Clearly this isn't good enough for a left back in the prem.

Brilliant news. In a few years he could be a fixture in the team.

Regarding this defensive frailty he is being accused of - I was under the impression he could also play at centre back? What happens then? Is he the next Sergio Ramos or something?

Great bit of news, it will be interesting to see if some defensive qualities can be installed in to his game. With him and Bertrand, we certainly look good for LBs for a while

I have always rated Ryan more than PVA. It could be down to the fact that he has more first-team experience. Ryan´s attacking play is as good as PVA´s but his defensively Bertrand is a bit better. It might easily change of course. The good thing is that we have two young left-backs who might both turn up as world class players :)

I wonder what the club plans are for Bertrand and PvA. Cole played every game this season and technicaly Zhirkov is a backup on that position (he's a backup in many positions, but still never gets to play).

If Cole plans to continue like this then surely we have to think about sending these lads out on loan. No point keeping them here of they will hardly play a minute. And if we keep Zhirkov then we would have someone who could step in for Cole if he needs a rest or gets injured/suspended.

Both seem talented and they need to play more games.

I wonder what the club plans are for Bertrand and PvA. Cole played every game this season and technicaly Zhirkov is a backup on that position (he's a backup in many positions, but still never gets to play).

If Cole plans to continue like this then surely we have to think about sending these lads out on loan. No point keeping them here of they will hardly play a minute. And if we keep Zhirkov then we would have someone who could step in for Cole if he needs a rest or gets injured/suspended.

Both seem talented and they need to play more games.

Funny how both Bertrand and PVA have plastic connections. Plastic Bertrand was a posy French punk rocker in 1977 and PVA is an abbreviation of Poly Vinyl Acetate used in modern emulsion paint. Not a lot of people know that.

Edited by Peckham Blue

Funny how both Bertrand and PVA have plastic connections. Plastic Bertrand was a posy French punk rocker in 1977 and PVA is an abbreviation of Poly Vinyl Acetate used in modern emulsion paint. Not a lot of people know that.

You're in danger of becoming a saddo like me ;)

Great news for him, but I can't see us keeping hold of Zhirkov, Bertrand and Pva. I couldn't say who'd I'd prefer stayed having not seen them play, just a shame two of our best young talents play in the same position, and have the best left back in the world above them in the pecking order.

I agree that it might be best for everyone concerned that Zhirkov moves on and tries to get his career back on track at some other club, but I fail to see why PvA's new contract would have anything to do with it. Zhirkov is a left winger who has been played as a left back and PvA is a left back who probably could play as a left winger.