My mate and I spent the weekend playing through Metal Gear Solid again... haven't played it in years but it was as gobsmackingly excellent as ever.

mgs1.jpg

Possibly my favourite game ever. Although Abe's Oddysee, Star Wars KotOR and Deus Ex are all in with a shout. And PES 6 of course, although I play that so much that it's not so much a game anymore as a general football simulator.

Edited by PloKoon13

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished with Mass Effect 2, loved it. I decided to buy Resident Evil 3 for 5.99 off the Playstation Store, never played it when it came out.

I played a demo for "Catherine" a week ago and was very intrigued by it. Anyone else check it out? Seems very different, but in a good way. It's received fantastic reviews.

Guest LuisSuarez7

I always recommend Orange Box to anyone, best deal I have ever seen for some incredible games.

I have this game. It is a brilliant deal. I play Team Fortress 2 the most out of the games. Portal is good as well.

I don't think Telltale games even existed when the original game was released.

Wiki says 2004 so your right, and apparently it was formed by ex Lucas arts employees. Loved those old games, Full Throttle was a good un too. Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island games and the best of the lot, Grim Fandango.

W.O.T

So addictive, I've played in 1'700 battles in only 5 weeks.

Forgot to say....

IT'S FREE !

I play W.O.T!

It's great, isn't it?

Not sure how many battles I've played - not currently on my computer - but we've perhaps played against/with each other.

I've got a few mates that I play with. Because the platoons are max 3 we need to syncronize when we click battle. There are six of us playing under the [VG] clan tag.

Currently I've only got a StugIII, M7 Priest and close to getting a KV. So nothing that flash but it's definitely a team effort.

PC gaming is really expensive if you want good performance..

About to order a custom dekstop without the monitor, mouse etc as I have that already but im up in 990 pounds + a aftermarket cpu cooler for 20 pound so I can overclock the i5 2500k processor..

CM Storm Sniper Black Edition

Corsair TX V2 650W PSU

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor

MSI P67A-GD65 B3, Socket-1155

Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9

ASUS GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX CUDA

Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB

Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S

Windows 7 home premium 64x

and a Hyper 212 + CPU cooler.

Bloody hell, will hopefully last 2 years at least.

I was always an FPS gamer on PC, all the way back to Wolfenstein 3D and Doom. But I bought Half Life 2 and had to basically rebuild my rig to play it at a decent level, and that was pretty much that for me as I got sick of buying a game for £30 and having to spend £300 to play the bloody thing.

I don't really want to cause an argument, but IMO consoles are for casual gamers and unfortunately they have affected the games industry.

The days of needing to constantly upgrade PC are gone, anyway, I think. The only thing that may need changing every few years is graphics card.

I've played on a laptop for the last year os so. 1.6G i7, RADEON 5730, 4G RAM etc. Cost $1400AUD.

Only game I can think of that I would want to play on console is a football game.