Any game recommendation?

I just noticed this thread. The twist in the first one literally blew my mind. I think it changed my life. Its a pretty obvious way to go with the plot but it still catches you completely by surprise somehow.

I cant even remember which game I said that about, was it the Portal ones?

Just beat Unchartered 3. Definitely a fun one, and probably the best of the series. The gameplay has improved, the fights weren't as boring as I had always remembered them. The action scenes are pretty over the top though, like "Michael Bay would call these over the top" over the top. Obviously as I was able to beat this in about 2 days, it's worth a rental if you can. Didn't try out the multiplayer or the co-op, but not sure how much value it would have as a purchase (at least at full-price).

I just remembered that I had a gift certificate from Amazon. So I just ordered KOTOR 1.

It should be here on Monday and then the fun of getting it to work on Linux will begin.

Onto Linux? Christ, I would rather go but an xbox for £200 than do that.

I think Winex is something that worked for KOTOR if I remember correctly.

Edited by dkw

Getting kotor to work on my PC was a pain, managed to get them both to work in the end though but it can get frustrating.

Just finished Arkham City and it was a fun game, pretty good actually but rather short - didnt do any side mission stuff though so that might have been why, kind of a sad ending!

Edited by Andreas

Onto Linux? Christ, I would rather go but an xbox for £200 than do that.

I think Winex is something that worked for KOTOR if I remember correctly.

I'll find a way and it will most likely involve WINE or Play On Linux. I got the second one to work, so I hope the first one shouldn't be much of a stretch from that starting position.

Has anyone played "Kingdom of Amalur"? I just played the demo because it unlocks a weapon or two to use in Mass Effect 3 and the game didn't seem half-bad. More of a Warcraft style of RPG than Skyrim. Might have to give that a try a couple months from now when I can get it for cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd throw it out there for people with a PS3, Final Fantasy V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX are about 6 dollars a piece in the store for a week or so (usually 9.99). Definitely some engrossing games and definitely worth a look if you want to buy something cheap that will keep you busy for a long time.

The voice acting is very marmite, you either hate it and think it's the worst thing you've ever heard, or you love it. I love it. There are so many games with generic American accents for all voices, I think the voice acting here is wonderful and really adds to the characters.

The puzzles are insanely difficult sometimes, but nevertheless it's a very fun experience.

Only downside would be the ending for me, but still very much worth a look and I highly recommend it.

• 5 weeks later...

Any Dragon's Age players? Heard about it on a podcast and realized I never really gave this game a chance. Interested to see if anyone here played and it would recommend it.

I've played it. It's really not a bad series. I've enjoyed it. However...

Diablo 3 releases on 5/15.

I was in the open beta to stress test the servers this past weekend. Oh how I've missed a good dungeon crawl.

Dragon age 1 is superb, a very good RPG. 2 isnt quite as good unfortunately, seemed a bit too softened for me. Diablo 3 looks immense, I lost so many hours to the original, like you I love dungeon crawlers. All that looting.

Dragon age 1 is superb, a very good RPG. 2 isnt quite as good unfortunately, seemed a bit too softened for me. Diablo 3 looks immense, I lost so many hours to the original, like you I love dungeon crawlers. All that looting.

Dkw, PM me your battle.net battletag and I'll add you. We can team up and get in some killing.

Don't know about you, but I'm rolling a demon hunter to start.

I havent decided yet, I dont even know if my laptop will run the new game. I`m more likely to get it for Xbox to be honest (if it comes out for it). Cant afford to buy a gaming lappy I`m afraid.