Any game recommendation?

Mainly though, thoughts on either God of War or Unchartered?

Unchartered 2 is considered by many as a must have for PS3 owners but I felt it was a bit of let down given the hype surrounding it. Its a good game and the story flows well but lacks the element that make games a cult. On the other hand if you have played GOW on PS2 you would know pretty much what to expect and the only difference is in the storyline etc. The graphics and visual appeal for both the games are great and I would suggest you get em both to experience the beauty of PS3!!

I have recently gone through AC:2 and Arkham Asylum, and have just started AC:Brotherhood. After that, I was considering either borrowing God of War for PS3 (never played the early ones) or getting Uncharted 1 and 2 for cheap. Oh, and I still need to find Orange Box for cheap so I can play Portal and then get Portal 2 eventually. I figure I can do this stuff while waiting for prices on games like Arkham City and Skyrim to go down (or get used).

Mainly though, thoughts on either God of War or Unchartered?

Mate, if you're serious about Uncharted 2, let me know. I have a copy I can send you

• 1 month later...

Finished dead Island and it was VERY good. Not brilliant, but very good. I did like how hard some of the challenges were, but at times when you were being attacked it was very difficult to know where it was coming from (depending on the level of the zombie attacking you).

However, the story was good, the levels very different, and the challenges not too repetitive. What I did like was the emphasis on preserving weapons, upgrading weapons and modifying them. Then they fact that you only came over ammunition at different times, thus making sure you were forced into action and not just standing away shooting at needless things.

Now, on to Arkham City I think

If you guys like Mass Effect but also to play online with a mate you should check out Star Wars The Old Republic.

I tried the beta when it was up this weekend and it was really good, its an MMO but nowhere near as sh*t as World of Warcraft as this one basically has a conversation for each thing and its own story.

Your class story is supposed to be as long as kotor 1 and 2 x2.

• 2 months later...

Rented Uncharted 3 today, hoping to get through it as fast as I can since I'm getting charged 2 bucks a day.

I went to the store today and sold back a lot of my old games. I figured I'd get like 50 bucks. The offer ended up being 210 cash or 300 in store credit. Unfortunately, since I am not working right now, I had to take the 210 cash. Pretty sure my girlfriend would have left me if I took the store credit. :)

Rented Uncharted 3 today, hoping to get through it as fast as I can since I'm getting charged 2 bucks a day.

I went to the store today and sold back a lot of my old games. I figured I'd get like 50 bucks. The offer ended up being 210 cash or 300 in store credit. Unfortunately, since I am not working right now, I had to take the 210 cash. Pretty sure my girlfriend would have left me if I took the store credit. :)

You're probably right. :-)

How is Uncharted 3?

Got Arkham City for Christmas, genuinely one of the best games I have ever played, the transition to a bigger more free roam area was perfect and suited the game down to the ground, I was absolutely blown away by it. Completed the main quest but I still have about 8 of the side quests still to complete, it'll keep me entertained for hours on end without fail. Mind blowing.

Got Arkham City for Christmas, genuinely one of the best games I have ever played, the transition to a bigger more free roam area was perfect and suited the game down to the ground, I was absolutely blown away by it. Completed the main quest but I still have about 8 of the side quests still to complete, it'll keep me entertained for hours on end without fail. Mind blowing.

It's so good! I am going to wait until it's a little more out of my head to go back and do the New Game Plus. I've never really been into the challenge maps either, but I'll give them a go as well.

So the first Unchartered never got me super hooked, and the second one didn't really get me interested until a decent way into the game. This one starts off much better, and even includes a mission or two about a young Drake. I'm only on stage 5 at the moment, but it's going pretty well.

God yes, definitely get them and have a play. Absolutely belting games, both of them.

I just noticed this thread. The twist in the first one literally blew my mind. I think it changed my life. Its a pretty obvious way to go with the plot but it still catches you completely by surprise somehow.

Arkham city is fantastic. I have solved all the riddler pictures, all the side missions, well...almost

I have found every riddler trophy bar one, and it's in plain sight. The way to get it is you have to detonate three explosive gels at the bottom of three riddler question makes simultaneously, then run between three cages and quick batterang the other three on the lower level before the lights come back on in the questions marks...if that makes sense.

Problem is, if you get them all it opens up the final riddler challenge. It's getting so frustrating that I am done playing it. Shame, but I know I'll try again and again.

Great game though

Also, resident evil 6 is scheduled to be released this Fall

Arkham city is fantastic. I have solved all the riddler pictures, all the side missions, well...almost

I have found every riddler trophy bar one, and it's in plain sight. The way to get it is you have to detonate three explosive gels at the bottom of three riddler question makes simultaneously, then run between three cages and quick batterang the other three on the lower level before the lights come back on in the questions marks...if that makes sense.

Problem is, if you get them all it opens up the final riddler challenge. It's getting so frustrating that I am done playing it. Shame, but I know I'll try again and again.

Great game though

Also, resident evil 6 is scheduled to be released this Fall

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I gelled the bottom 3, then perched on top of the building facing the top 3. Quick batarang 3 times, then detonate. Took me awhile to figure that out, but once I did it only took one or two tries.