• Lampard
    • Ramires
    • Torres
    • Sturridge
    • Mata
    • Anelka
    • Mikel
    • Lukaku

If Torres had put that second chance away, then I'd have had no hesitation in giving him man of the match. As it is, in recognition of all the good work he did - and that he actually did score a very good goal - I'm going to abstain.

I can only repeat what I said in the match thread. I find it bizarre that anyone can give Torres MOTM. Any defender or defensive midfielder who plays well for 90 minutes, makes a goalline clearance but then totally gifts one goal with a horrendous mistake and pretty much gifts a second with a bad mistake would get nowhere near a MOTM vote. Torres did the equivalent of that today at the other end of the park.

However everyone to their opinion of course.

It's a very hard one. Our best three players in general made howlers of mistakes to bring themselves down. Ramires and Torres for horror misses and Bosingwa (who fought back wave after wave of attacks almost exclusively down his side) for a mistake that led to a goal.

I'm going with Anelka. Very nice assist, changed the game when he came on. I think Sturridge will miss out next time, he is fine form.

Clutching at straws or what....

Edited by Spiller86

Has to be Anelka. Our best striker right now and has to be starting.

People voting for Torres are living in a sympathetic cloud cuckoo land.

Maybe a little, but he got in the positions to have chances & to set up chances. Anelka did play well, but more creative than goal scoring.

Has to be Anelka. Our best striker right now and has to be starting.

People voting for Torres are living in a sympathetic cloud cuckoo land.

if you think anelka was better than torres then you are more crazy than those living in a sympathetic cloud cuckoo land. apart from that assist, he did nothing.

yeah torres bottled a great chance, but anelka didnt even get into chance to bottle a great opportunity.

torres was really good today, i think mata edged him as motm

Hard to pick in my opinion, can understand why people picked Torres. He did look good but for me that miss and his countless losing the ball when receiving the ball to feet for the one touch pass is frustrating. He needs to sort that out because we are losing so much possession from it. Sturridge failed to shine and looked awful in the 2nd half, Anelka came on and things started to tick. Mata played Ok and then faded off, he looked a bit jaded at the end in my opinion.

Im going to go with Ramires because I felt he hardly put a foot wrong though he should of took his chance.

if you think anelka was better than torres then you are more crazy than those living in a sympathetic cloud cuckoo land. apart from that assist, he did nothing.

yeah torres bottled a great chance, but anelka didnt even get into chance to bottle a great opportunity.

torres was really good today, i think mata edged him as motm

Anelka changed everything for us second half. He really, really did not do nothing.

Youre perfectly entitled to your opinion, but for me, and as Loz perfectly outlined, i just cant see how you can give MOM to someone who did what Torres did today and any vote is based on sympathy. But thats just my view!

Ok, perhaps i should've chosen better words, so apologies.

Each to their own, but i standby the original sentiment - i just cant see how Torres can be considered.

Its just such a shame for him because he did play quite well. One step forward, two steps back and all that.

Edited by bjd