• Kalou
    • Mata
    • Ramires
    • Torres
    • Cahill
    • Meirelles
    • Drogba

JT.

His form and importance to us was highlighted when he went off. I also thought Cole had a good game too. Cech was ok up untill the goal (where I dont really know what he was doing)

Thought the rest ranged between poor and so-so apart from Mikel who was very poor and once again proved that when the pressure is on he cant deal with pretty much anything.

Edited by bjd

I voted JT, because everyone else made at least one glaring error. I would have voted for Cech, but for his being rooted to the spot on Benfica's goal, whereby he needed only to move forward a bit to punch the ball out.

JT for me just ahead of Ash, strange game in that at 0-1 up from the away leg it seemed like getting through without too much excertion was the order of the day but their Goal and our own poor finishing made it nervier than it ever should have been, I think the top four and FA Cup expectations had an effect the approach to this game and it was good to see the boys braking quickly when Benfica pushed for the second, we might need more of the same in the semi.

Great Goal by the much maligned Meireles as well.

Edited by Chippy

JT.

Mata and Cech and Ash close.

Kalou created chances for Mata (disallowed), Torres (first-half) and Ramires (second-half) as well as going close himself with a chance he could/should have scored.

Luiz, Mikel and Torres particularly poor.

Went for Cole ultimately - JT and Mata were close though. Might have gone for Cech had it not been for that awful flap at the corner. Mikel and Lampard were individually good but really didn't work all that well together as a defence-screening unit; credit to Lamps for an exellent penalty however. Luiz didn't seem at 100% and Torres was utterly woeful; I have no idea why it took us so long to bring on Drogba.

Have to go JT here.

It was clear to me that once JT left the pitch that our back line was a little more ragged. That shows how important he is to our club.

And to play like he did with cracked ribs? That's just impressive.

I just had a look on Vital Chelsea...they had their MOM Poll and leading it is Mikel with Torres in second and no Votes for JT?

I really wonder what people are looking at sometimes.

I just had a look on Vital Chelsea...they had their MOM Poll and leading it is Mikel with Torres in second and no Votes for JT? I really wonder what people are looking at sometimes.

WTF ??