The Frank Lampard goal scoring record thread

Zola
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

He didn't look happy because he was carrying a knock. He asked to come off. Don't get wrapped up in how the press portray these things.

He had a very good game on Saturday too and one goal (from open play too for those who think it matters :p) nearer to the record.

Of course it matters and about f**king time too!!!

Have to say, Lamps had a decent game and all credit too to RDM as the way he is handling Lamps at the moment, he is getting it spot on and it's exactly how it should be.

Cech has more chance than Mikel and thats with his boots on the wrong feet!

Well Mikel is leading so far. Maybe they could get a bet going on which one of them will reach 10 first. I can see them still trying to reach it when they're in their 50's.

• 5 weeks later...

I really hope he does break the record! Please Frank Lampard , if you read this, PLEASE BREAK THIS RECORD FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FANS. Frank Lampard is my all time favorite player and will always be. I started supporting Chelsea only 2-3 years before Frank arrived at Stamford Bridge and i still find it hard to see him on the bench but i am fearing that he won't be with us next season and wont break this record. Again. PLEASE FRANK LAMPARD PLEASE BREAK THIS RECORD FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FANS.

Im not so sure, i think he will leave Chelsea this summer.

He still has hopes of going to the next World cup with England. If he goes to the States then he can kiss that dream goodbye.

I think he would be stupid to leave now, i think it's a bigger achievement becoming Chelsea's all time top goalscorer than it is winning a title in America.

I would be gutted and very disappointed if he did leave at the end of the season.

I can't see him getting 13 goals this season, given that Mikel and Ramires are settling into a fairly solid partnership.

I'd favour him to get maybe 6 or 7 more this season, then most likely leave. Would be nice to have him stay on another season and pick up the last few though!

a considerable part of me wants him to leave on good terms in summer to make space in the squad for KDB and Josh

all of me however wants him to get the record, which he'll definitely need next season to do

• 4 weeks later...

We miss him, badly. If the last month is a preview of a Frank/JT-less Chelsea, we need to give them a contract for as long as they want to stay.

Frank especially is the kind of intelligent kind of player who will adjust his game as he grows older. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-frank-lampard-expects-1488260

"Talks about one-year extension, two-year extension don't exist - because at the minute nothing has been said and as far as I know nothing is planned."

"I'm a Chelsea player as simple as that. I've had a great, great time here. But maybe things don't last forever. Although I want it to last forever you have to be big enough to know what it is."

:(

Always been my favourite player. Had a bitter taste in my mouth for a while after his part in AVB's sacking last season, but I will be absolutely gutted if we let another club legend go like this.

Also sounds like he feels that, with Drogba scoring the winning penalty and leaving, the attention is all on him for the CL win. I think Lamps played just as big a role in it, tbh (without the two perfect balls to Ramires against Barcelona, we wouldn't have been in the final.)

Edited by Samdwich