Nathaniel Chalobah

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hi guys, Watford fan in peace here to give you all an update on how Nate is getting on in Hertfordshire. My word what a talented lad he is!

From hearing about his reputation when we first got him, I expected an exciting but very raw kid, who could put in a decent shift once in a while. I couldn't have expected what we've been seeing at Vicarage Road.

The Championship is a difficult league to play in: often scrappy, rough around the edges and unglamourous, but always fiercely competitive. Somehow an 18 year old with no senior experience has become our key player, as composed and technical on the ball as any player in his peak.

On saturday against forest I lost count of the number of times he picked up the ball, crowded by opposition before skipping into miles of space and picking out a player with a sniper's accuracy. He made no mistakes and controlled the midfield single handedly. This wasn't a flash in the pan performance either, he does it robotically, week in week out.

So, many of us Watford fans are wondering what are chances are of keeping him at the club beyond January when he's due to return? With our team pushing for the play off places he would surely have more to gain from playing every weekend in a strong championship team.

You can see him in action this saturday at 5.20 on Sky Sports 2.

Good luck with the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIMVFFgO54

tried finding some recent videos of chalobah and stumbled upon this. he looks really, really good.

we have some really promising CMs in chalobah, kdb and josh

Looking at that it's hard to believe that he was supposed to be a CB.

To the Watford fan thanks for the update on him, what position has he been playing most of the season? I do hope that we arrange to keep him with you until the end of the season, the first team experience seems to be doing him the world of good. Also it's good to see Gianfranco is doing a good job as manager at your lot, best of luck with the rest of your season.

ZolasMagicHair, thanks for letting us know how he's been progressing. I definitely hope he's allowed to stay on loan for the rest of the season. Especially after hearing how well he's done. You seem to be in a pretty good position in the Championship at the moment. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Cheers for the update ZolasMagicHair (ZMH).

To answer your question as to whether or not he'll stay with you after January, I think it is safe to assume that he'll stay.  I can't see him coming back to play for our U21's when he could stay at Watford and continue to play 1st team footy and learn from our wee magician, Zola.

Please keep us updated on his progress.

FWIW, I saw Chalobah  during the pre season, and he was mainly playing at RB, where he was solid, but unspectacular.  Looked as if he was under strict instructions to never venture past the half way line, which was a shame, because from what we'd seen of him in the youth's, and even the highlight of the game posted above, he does seem to be more of a midfielder.  

You say that he's a box to box player, so is that where he's playing at Watford, or is he a deep laying DM that comes forward?

Thanks, and welcome

We really appreciate you coming here to update us of his progress ZMH.  I've only really had opportunity to see him in pre-season games and for our youth team - but on every occasion he's looked a class above.  I remember him calmly cleaning up a mistake between Ivanovich and Cech, two experienced internationals, on our last Asian tour with AVB - which would have been a surefire goal.  His composure immediately caught my attention.  

I hope he continues to impress for you and he gets an opportunity with our first team in the future.  Best of luck with the rest of your season and thanks again for calling in. 

Great up dates mate, thanks.  Strange because in our youth team I only ever saw him as developing into a centre back.  Really seems to be doing the biz for you though which is good.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and I hope Chaloba helps you gain promotion.

Anyone else watching the Brighton vs. Watford game? Only a half has gone and Chalobah is absolutely running the show. I had my doubts on whether he had the quality to play in midfield, but I am mistaken. His style reminds me of Moussa Dembele at Spurs; great turn, works hard and excellent running with ball.

Solid display With moments of brilliance.  Took a ball out of the sky with a touch reminiscent of Mata.  Looked as if he was limping off at the end. 

I'm glad he's under Zola's tutelage right now, I think Franco will make the best of him as a midfielder.

Really impressive display from the young lad. 

Fast, comfortable in possession and was running the midfield in patches. 

I never knew how skillfull he was. Thought he was great. 

Personally already after seeing today that he is more likely to get game time here than josh. IMO he just seems to look busier than Josh which I think will hold him back trying to break through. I know Ill probably get shouted down and people wont agree but Chalobah's different and I reckon he will force his way into the team. 

Hi guys, Watford fan in peace here to give you all an update on how Nate is getting on in Hertfordshire. My word what a talented lad he is!

From hearing about his reputation when we first got him, I expected an exciting but very raw kid, who could put in a decent shift once in a while. I couldn't have expected what we've been seeing at Vicarage Road.

The Championship is a difficult league to play in: often scrappy, rough around the edges and unglamourous, but always fiercely competitive. Somehow an 18 year old with no senior experience has become our key player, as composed and technical on the ball as any player in his peak.

On saturday against forest I lost count of the number of times he picked up the ball, crowded by opposition before skipping into miles of space and picking out a player with a sniper's accuracy. He made no mistakes and controlled the midfield single handedly. This wasn't a flash in the pan performance either, he does it robotically, week in week out.

So, many of us Watford fans are wondering what are chances are of keeping him at the club beyond January when he's due to return? With our team pushing for the play off places he would surely have more to gain from playing every weekend in a strong championship team.

You can see him in action this saturday at 5.20 on Sky Sports 2.

Good luck with the season.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, really appreciate it mate and I hope he stays with you until the end of the season with Zola. Best of luck with promotion mate.

I really hope Zola can sort a loan extension, they seem to have a good working relationship. I remember after his volley against Burnley he went straight to Gianfranco and hugged him.

With him we can make a really strong promotion push. I was half expecting him to have a shocker in front of the camera and leave you guys scratching your heads over what I was so excited about! Glad he produced the goods.

Good luck with the season, hope you warm to Benitez because I like the guy. Maybe see you in the Premier League next year!  :joy: