Torres The Poll: Return of the Headband

Zeta

Torres Poll - 03/01/2013  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current stance on Torres?

• I believe his performances are good enough to warrant a place every week
    • I believe he is good enough to lead our line, but needs more time to get back to form
    • I believe that he is good enough to start most games, but should be rotated with others
    • I believe he is good enough to be in our squad, but should be a backup option
    • I believe he is good enough to be in our squad, but should be a last resort option when all else has failed
    • I believe he is unlikely to ever recover any kind of form and should be sold/loaned out in the Summer
    • I believe he is unlikely to ever recover any kind of form and should be sold/loaned out as soon as possible
    • I believe he is geuninely one of the worst players Chelsea has ever had and should be released/sold/loaned/thrown off a cliff immediately

Having read the other thread it's become apparent that every week more and more people are losing faith with Torres, so I was just wondering if there was anyone left who genuinely feels he still has a future here and deserves more time.

This thread isn't designed for comments, that's the other one. This is just a poll. So in fact, if there is some way to close the thread but still allow votes that would be groovy. Unless you can't take Torres at all any more and just delete it, in which case I will cry, but understand.

Also, on the very off chance anyone from the club ever looks for fan opinions on the internet, this is a much easier way to gauge the fan opinion on Torres without trawling through 130 pages.

(Unlikely, but you never know).

1.  I believe his performances are good enough to warrant a place every week

lol

1.  I believe he is good enough to lead our line, but needs more time to get back to form

Time he's had

1.  I believe that he is good enough to start most games, but should be rotated with others

Lost the faith

1.  I believe he is good enough to be in our squad, but should be a backup option

Too expensive for that

1.  I believe he is good enough to be in our squad, but should be a last resort option when all else has failed

Bogarde x 5?

1.  I believe he is unlikely to ever recover any kind of form and should be sold/loaned out in the Summer

Probably best case scenario

1.  I believe he is unlikely to ever recover any kind of form and should be sold/loaned out as soon as possible

Right now, seems ideal

1.  I believe he is geuninely one of the worst players Chelsea has ever had and should be released/sold/loaned/thrown off a cliff immediately

Thrown off a cliff? Why not sold as a sex slave to some weird perv? Make a little money back.

I believe he is good enough to be in our squad, but should be a last resort option when all else has failed

This would be ridiculous since we already had Kalou in this role, and IMO contributed far more than Torres does, and cost a fraction of the price (in wages too)

I believe he is unlikely to ever recover any kind of form and should be sold/loaned out as soon as possible

I was tempted by this option - I cannot see any positive to keeping Torres in the squad right now. I still live in hope that he proves me wrong, but provided we can get a reasonable amount for him I can't see any point in holding out until the summer.

All things considered though, a trade with Falcao would be perfect for us, and could actually turn out to be a good deal for Atletico too (provided we throw enough cash at them) so that would be my preferred option by far.

Keep him as backup to Ba, until we get Falcao in the summer.

Oh sorry. I was reading this on my phone at the time.  :rolleyes:

Can't believe that 12 people voted the last one. That's just ridiculous. He's not the player he was, not even close, but he's still human, there's no need to be nasty. Let's gain some perspective. It might be in our best interests to sell, but if we do, then I wish him all the best wherever he goes. 

The man has been weighed down by the transfer fee, and has always been onto a hiding to nothing due to the scouse loving press and their quavering to the threat of upsetting anything red.  He's not a bad player and has scored some decent goals but every f**k up is magnified, he hasn't helped himself though with that miss at OT ffs.

On the plus side he's nowhere near as ugly as Robert Fleck who you never knew if it was his mouth or arse talking as they both looked the same and don't get me started on Chris Sutton.

Can't believe that 12 people voted the last one. That's just ridiculous. He's not the player he was, not even close, but he's still human, there's no need to be nasty. Let's gain some perspective. It might be in our best interests to sell, but if we do, then I wish him all the best wherever he goes. 

I agree with the first part of your post, but not the last sentence.

If he goes to a rival, especially an English club I hope he's a miserable failure. I feel awful for saying that, but he's been terrible for us and if we sold him for a fraction of what we paid for him and the Torres of old came back I can see a lot of people on here being actually quite angry and bemused at why he was never like that for us.

The exception is if he goes to Atletico - I think that'd be a great move for him, and for his sake as well as the fans I'd definitely hope he does well (not least because he'd have to fill the void left by Falcao!)

I honestly hate the man based on his attitude off the field, the effort he puts in on the pitch and his air of arrogance which makes it seem like it is his team mates fault for his constant failure. I never seen a situation like this at any club in any sport around the world - the whole club from the playing staff to the back room staff to the manager has been set up for him and him alone yet he is constantly the worst player on the pitch.

I hope he is forced out ASAP and flops miserably at his new club before being shipped to some Siberian hell hole were be will end up sitting on the bench due to putting in inferior performances compared to "one legged pete". At this point FSW will leave to help him recover some form and the cycle will start again at another club which will give us all a good laugh.

If only....

I agree with the first part of your post, but not the last sentence.

If he goes to a rival, especially an English club I hope he's a miserable failure. I feel awful for saying that, but he's been terrible for us and if we sold him for a fraction of what we paid for him and the Torres of old came back I can see a lot of people on here being actually quite angry and bemused at why he was never like that for us.

The exception is if he goes to Atletico - I think that'd be a great move for him, and for his sake as well as the fans I'd definitely hope he does well (not least because he'd have to fill the void left by Falcao!)

Oh well to be fair I did actually mean wherever he goes-abroad! I don't expect us to sell him to another English club so I wasn't putting any in the frame anyway. I imagine if he leaves us he'll go back to Spain or to Italy, or France. 

Archived