A Chat With The Rivals - Swansea Fans

omnidroid70

Just posted the thread on their forum and I'll post their answers in a few days.

1. How do you think Swansea have fared this season?

2. Do you think that Swansea could contend for Europa League spots this season?

3. Who do you think will be the biggest threat to Chelsea?

4. Who would you say has been your best player so far and why?

5. Are there any players that haven't been getting the praise they deserve this season? 

6. Do you think Michael Laudrup is doing a good job so far?

7. What would you say your chances are in the FA Cup?

8. Where do you think you'll finish this season?

9. Moving on to Chelsea... How do you think we have fared this season?

10. Do you believe we are overachieving or underachieving in our current 4th position?

11. Who do you think will be the biggest threat to your Swansea team in the upcoming game? 

12. What is your opinion of Juan Mata and what do you make of the form he has been on recently?

13. Where do you think Chelsea will finish come the end of the season?

14. Finally, predictions for the game?

Link to the thread on the Swansea forum:

Consensus amongst rival fans (not just this Swansea lot) is that we'll finish 4th; anyone else think that would be a major disappointment/failure from FSW? Ending behind the Manchester clubs is acceptable/expected, but with our squad we should be comfortably ahead of the clubs going for 4th (Spuds/Arsenal/Everton/Liverpool), especially with the "top manager" we now have...

They seem a decent bunch but a few of them seem to be in that 'chavski' 'chelski' type insult group unfortunately.

To be fair they are from South Wales. Anyone with an indoor toilet is posh to them.

I was going to post something about it possibly not being a good idea taking the piss out of the opposition's supporters (although that was funny) when we have a "Chat with the rivals" thread open here, but having just seen the Chelsea digs in the thread in their forum, f**k em!

Here's the answers guys.

1. How do you think Swansea have fared this season?

Plasticman-Awesome

Magic Michu-Better than expected after a change of manager and losing 3 key players. Laudrup has quickly made us a solid mid table team capable of a cup run

lifelongswansfan-Very well, very satisfied with our progress.

Senhin-Better than expected once again.

Sullyswan-Very Well

2. Do you think that Swansea could contend for Europa League spots this season?

Plasticman-Since we're in the semi-final of the cup, I'd say we already are contending for a spot in europe.

Magic Michu-Too soon for a Europa League spot via the league but will enjoy a soiree into Europe next year if we can get past you boys

lifelongswansfan-Possibly but being realistic mid table would be a very good result for us.

Senhin-Not in the league, but via the Capital One yes.

Sullyswan-Not this year

3. Who do you think will be the biggest threat to Chelsea?

Plasticman-Chelseas owner

Magic Michu-Roman Abramovic

lifelongswansfan-Michu.

Senhin-In what way? Taking third over you? Tottenham.

Sullyswan-Michu

4. Who would you say has been your best player so far and why?

Plasticman-Obvious Answer: Michu

Magic Michu-Michu... did you really need to ask that?

lifelongswansfan-Again Michu for his predatory instincts.

Senhin-Michu... Do we need to explain?

Sullyswan-Michu

5. Are there any players that haven't been getting the praise they deserve this season? 

Plasticman-All of the players, really. They are playing above what have been expected.

Magic Michu-Leon Britton will never get the praise from the media 

lifelongswansfan-Our young full back Ben Davies doesn't get as much praise as he should, he's had a brilliant season so far.

Senhin-Everyone other than Michu... We never get praise when we beat a big team because we're welsh and the media doesn't like it. The big teams always seem to miraculously play badly against us.

Sullyswan-Ben Davies

6. Do you think Michael Laudrup is doing a good job so far?

Plasticman-Manager of the season material, imo

Magic Michu-No, he's been terrible

lifelongswansfan-Yes.

Senhin-Hell yes

Sullyswan-Fantastic

7. What would you say your chances are in the Capital One Cup?

Plasticman-Good

Magic Michu-If we can get a draw away then I fancy us to go on and win the cup

lifelongswansfan-It's going to be difficult against you, but if we can get a good result in the away leg we'll give you a good run for your money

Senhin-I'd say it's us our you.

Sullyswan-Winner of our game will win the cup

8. Where do you think you'll finish this season?

Plasticman-Top half of the table

Magic Michu-Between 8-10th

lifelongswansfan-Mid table.

Senhin-10 or 11 if we don't get a good striker in this window. 7-9 if we do.

Sullyswan-12th

9. Moving on to Chelsea... How do you think we have fared this season?

Plasticman-average

Magic Michu-A great start but things have faded badly... too much meddling from above I feel

lifelongswansfan-Reasonably I'd say, with the squad you have you should make the top 4.

Senhin-Inconsistently. You started out like you could challenge for the title, then went on a poor run, now looking quite good again but think it's too late to look outside of Manchester fr a winner now.

Sullyswan-Superb Squad, best is yet to come

10. Do you believe we are overachieving or underachieving in our current 4th position?

Plasticman-Neither. You're playing second fiddle to the manchester clubs, which isn't a surpise

Magic Michu-Probably about right

lifelongswansfan-That position is about right.

Senhin-None. I'd say you should finish third, but there isn't much in it.

Sullyswan-About right until you get rid of Torres

11. Who do you think will be the biggest threat to your Swansea team in the upcoming game? 

Plasticman-Chech, so hope he won't be available against us

Magic Michu-Mata

lifelongswansfan-Mata.

Senhin-I'm tempted to say Ba, since he's the type of striker that usually gets by us, but Mata probably.

Sullyswan-Mata class act

12. What is your opinion of Juan Mata and what do you make of the form he has been on recently?

Plasticman-no opinion

Magic Michu-How did you know I'd answer Mata to the previous question. The boy is a bit good, isn't he?

lifelongswansfan-I think Mata is a brilliant player, one of my favourite players outside of the Liberty.

Senhin-Obviously a good player, and probably your best, though my personal favourite is Oscar.

Sullyswan-As above

13. Where do you think Chelsea will finish come the end of the season?

Plasticman-around where you are now, unless your owner continues his irrational behaviour, in which case I see a sliding downwards spiral as a possibility

Magic Michu-4-5th

lifelongswansfan-4th.

Senhin-3rd

Sullyswan-3rd

14. Finally, predictions for the game?

Plasticman-small victory to either side, but can't really see any favourites here.

Magic Michu-1-1 at Stamford Bridge, 2-1 at Liberty

lifelongswansfan-Difficult to call, as I've said if we can hold you in the first leg we could beat you but it's going to be difficult.

Senhin-Honestly not sure. I have a sneaky feeling we may win, but I may be confusing that with hope lol.

Sullyswan-Close defeat for swans

Archived