new plans for scottish football...what the?

The Brit

Guest RFC_CFC
And Rangers say they could pull out of Scottish football all together :rolleyes:

What are they going to do then, try and get into English football ? well the can f**k right off, this is the English football league not British.

Look at other options.

Oh and stop being a f**king drama queen.

And Rangers say they could pull out of Scottish football all together :rolleyes:

What are they going to do then, try and get into English football ? well the can f**k right off, this is the English football league not British.

Look at other options. Oh and stop being a f**king drama queen.

And you can get f**ked.

I said that because it's something Rangers have pushed for in the past, i don't why you got to be such a dick about it. I'm not being a drama queen, i'm just strongly against having Scottish teams in the English Leagues.

Seems like another 'short term fix' this latest League Reconstruction.

The teams in lowest League will be happy as they will get to play Rangers again if this is approved.

I honestly don't see what it brings in the longer term for Scottish Football though.

Guest RFC_CFC
And you can get f**ked.

I said that because it's something Rangers have pushed for in the past, i don't why you got to be such a dick about it. I'm not being a drama queen, i'm just strongly against having Scottish teams in the English Leagues.

Brilliant pal, just brilliant.....

Rangers have not demanded to play in England or anywhere else for that matter, what was said was they could look at other options if the new structure gets pushed through.

What oiled b he big problem if Rangers started at non league level and worked their way up under Charles Green?

Would you be happy to see your team f**ked over and relegated while then half way through a season told that winning the division would be pointless as no matter what you will be back in the bottom division the following season regardless.

But yeah we can get to f**k eh?

Brilliant pal, just brilliant.....

Rangers have not demanded to play in England or anywhere else for that matter, what was said was they could look at other options if the new structure gets pushed through.

I never said they demanded it, but they were very up for it a few years ago along with Celtic. I just don't want that idea to come up again.

In English Football ?

Then how about we try and get Dortmund, PSG, Real Madrid, Juventus and Ajax to come over here then, it's the same thing isn't it ?

Well, not really.  Scotland and England are both part of the United Kingdom.  I'm not sure if in practical terms it is a viable solution  but I am interested in knowing why you are so vehemently opposed to it.

Well, not really.  Scotland and England are both part of the United Kingdom.  I'm not sure if in practical terms it is a viable solution  but I am interested in knowing why you are so vehemently opposed to it.

Yes United Kingdom not England. That is the very reason why i am so against it, because this is England not Scotland.

How is it any different to swansea, cardiff and wrexham?

Swansea were in the English league when they were founded, Cardiff became a member of the Football League when the third division (North and South) were introduced in 1920, and Wrexham were voted in to the Football League in 1921, it is completely different.

I am also completely against Rangers being in the English league system unless they start in the absolute lowest tier possible,

The geographical and historical arguments against a Scottish team playing in the English league really don't add up.

Welsh non-league clubs are entitled to play in the Conference. Colywyn Bay are currently bottom but one in the Conference North. If they were top of the league, they would be equally eligible for promotion as Cardiff and Newport were in 1920 and Swansea way back when. Or Wrexham in 1921 come to that.

As moi has correctly stated, Scotland and Wales are actually part of the UK, and so if a Welsh club is eligible to play in the English League, why shouldn't a Scottish team be likewise?

Furthermore, as erksblue reminds us, Berwick Rangers are an English team playing in Scotland. So shouldn't there at least be the possibility for it to work both ways?

The difference with Cardiff, Swansea et al is there was no professional Welsh league at the time and the English league was still expanding and re-organising, so places opened up. They also didn't get a free pass to the top flight, but started out in Division 3 and the Southern League and earned their promotions on merit. If Celtic and Rangers want to join the English league then they should go the AFC Wimbledon route, start in non league and work their way up.

Hence the example of Colywn Bay, currently playing in English non-league football despite the existence of a Welsh League.

Also it's pretty certain that if either Rangers or Celtic or any other Scottish team applied to play in the English league, they'd have to begin at a similarly low level. Incidentally, I'm not entirely sure that Rangers playing in England would be such a good thing, I'm just making the case that the historical and geographical factors mentioned earlier in this thread shouldn't present a problem.

Hence the example of Colywn Bay, currently playing in English non-league football despite the existence of a Welsh League.

Also it's pretty certain that if either Rangers or Celtic or any other Scottish team applied to play in the English league, they'd have to begin at a similarly low level. Incidentally, I'm not entirely sure that Rangers playing in England would be such a good thing, I'm just making the case that the historical and geographical factors mentioned earlier in this thread shouldn't present a problem.

Colwyn Bay started at the very bottom though (the 2nd tier of the North West Counties league, the 10th tier of English football), if Rangers were really willing to start there, there would be no problem. Would Rangers fans really be happy starting in the 10th tier of English football?

Archived