About time Feruz got a place on the bench !

Star

We really need to integrate him into the squad. Training with the first team and travelling with them will give him priceless experience. I know I certainly would have been more excited about Islam coming on Wednesday night than you know who. 

What is the point of having one of the best youth teams in the country and not giving any of the players a chance. I know it would never happen as the FSW wants to win the Europa League, but it would be great to see him given the chance off the bench against Sparta Prague. Even on the bench v Brentford and bring him on if we're 2 or 3 nil up.

Our future strikers should be Lukaku and Feruz... Both play a different style and it be interesting to see if the play up top together. I bet they would work out quite well. Lukaku can knock down balls for the speedy Feruz.

We do not need to go out and spend a ton of money for a world beating striker because I think we have two promising ones already within the ranks.

Our future strikers should be Lukaku and Feruz... Both play a different style and it be interesting to see if the play up top together. I bet they would work out quite well. Lukaku can knock down balls for the speedy Feruz.

We do not need to go out and spend a ton of money for a world beating striker because I think we have two promising ones already within the ranks.

Exactly. We need to take more risks on our youth players. I would be extremely disappointed if at least 3 of the current crop of academy players aren't giving a chance. I don't mind if they don't succeed; premier league football is unforgiving. I just hope we can say at the very least we gave these boys the chance they deserve.

Instead of the "get rid of 'kin Torres" comment, why not just have both on the bench? It's not like we can only have one striker on the bench.

But Torres is sh*t and adds nothing. We'd seriously be better off playing Marin up front. Torres wouldn't get into Brentford's squad. 

You admit to not watching him but then make a judgement on how ready he is? 

It's not about the brace, it's about the fact that his movement and finishing are absolutely top class for a 17 year old, and he's got a pretty decent pass on him. The way him and Piazon were linking up last season was ridiculous, they were tearing defences to shreds.

With games against teams like Brentford and Sparta Prague coming up, we have a great opportunity to give him a run out and see if he's ready to get a few minutes.

I always go on about our youth system to my friends but they just tell me that none of the players will ever make it at Chelsea because they're never given a chance, and it's true. Sad really. Look at Marin, how many minutes has he gotten over the past 6 months? And we're thinking of loaning him out already... Good stuff Chelsea.

I dont think RA or the clowns around him believe much in youth players, they would rather buy big names and even then prob not play them much, im baffled as to how Marin is getting so little playing time, and now that Hazard faces at least 3 games out FSW will prob play Bertrand or Ramires on the wings.

Defo give Feruz a chance and at least stick him on the bench instead of having 4 defenders on pitch and 3 on the bench like the other night

You admit to not watching him but then make a judgement on how ready he is? 

It's not about the brace, it's about the fact that his movement and finishing are absolutely top class for a 17 year old, and he's got a pretty decent pass on him. The way him and Piazon were linking up last season was ridiculous, they were tearing defences to shreds.

With games against teams like Brentford and Sparta Prague coming up, we have a great opportunity to give him a run out and see if he's ready to get a few minutes.

I always go on about our youth system to my friends but they just tell me that none of the players will ever make it at Chelsea because they're never given a chance, and it's true. Sad really. Look at Marin, how many minutes has he gotten over the past 6 months? And we're thinking of loaning him out already... Good stuff Chelsea.

No I'd think Lukaku is more deserving of a place ahead of him because he is proving himself in the prem.  I don't think its a good idea to go from youth football to competing for the title and every trophy going, along with all the stress and expectations that go with that.  That is an enormous leap in difficulty and throwing a young player into that situation when he isn't ready (not say that he isn't, but how can you say he is?) is just as likely to stall his career as never giving him a chance at all.  He should get loans away from the limelight like Lukaku where he can prove himself at the level we expect.  Lukaku himself struggled in his cameos for us last season and he is older, because he just wan't ready for it (physically and technically).  

Lukaku is on loan so we can't use him, so there is no danger in giving Feruz a shot really, is there?  Also When ABV played Lukaku on his few cameo's, he stuck him out wide right as part of a front 3, not exactly his best position, and I feel Lukaku suffered because of that (and lack of game time) more than the level he was competing at.

Lukaku is on loan so we can't use him, so there is no danger in giving Feruz a shot really, is there?  Also When ABV played Lukaku on his few cameo's, he stuck him out wide right as part of a front 3, not exactly his best position, and I feel Lukaku suffered because of that (and lack of game time) more than the level he was competing at.

His touch was poor and his weight was compromising his agility but you are right in saying that he wasn't used correctly.  I saw a lot of promising signs in him but he was clearly not ready at the time.  His WBA loan is the best thing that could have happened to him and I hope he returns to us soon to put those experiences to use for us.  Despite the fact that he was just a teenager, the press had no qualms about harshly criticising his performance; calling him a waste of money and out of his depth.  Don't think that sort of sh*t doesn't get to players, especially the young ones.  I'm not a teenager but if the papers were writing about how sh*te I was at my job every week it'd bother me.  That's part of the package of playing at a club like Chelsea.

Why would the club extend Lukaku's loan and give Feruz a place in the first team?  You'd think they'd bring Lukaku back before doing that.  It's not like this is my decision.  I'd love nothing more than a youth developed striker to make it here, but throwing him into the fire because of frustrations with our current lineup is not the way to go about it.  We as fans may be patient but his coaching staff need results and the media want to sell papers.  Courtois, Lukaku and De Bruyne have all been making the most of their loans and they fully deserve to get opportunities here when they return.  Feruz is a step behind them. 

His touch was poor and his weight was compromising his agility but you are right in saying that he wasn't used correctly.  I saw a lot of promising signs in him but he was clearly not ready at the time.  His WBA loan is the best thing that could have happened to him and I hope he returns to us soon to put those experiences to use for us.  Despite the fact that he was just a teenager, the press had no qualms about harshly criticising his performance; calling him a waste of money and out of his depth.  Don't think that sort of sh*t doesn't get to players, especially the young ones.  I'm not a teenager but if the papers were writing about how sh*te I was at my job every week it'd bother me.  That's part of the package of playing at a club like Chelsea.

Why would the club extend Lukaku's loan and give Feruz a place in the first team?  You'd think they'd bring Lukaku back before doing that.  It's not like this is my decision.  I'd love nothing more than a youth developed striker to make it here, but throwing him into the fire because of frustrations with our current lineup is not the way to go about it.  We as fans may be patient but his coaching staff need results and the media want to sell papers.  Courtois, Lukaku and De Bruyne have all been making the most of their loans and they fully deserve to get opportunities here when they return.  Feruz is a step behind them. 

We didn't, did we? I was under the impression that we merely informed West Brom that we wouldn't be exercising our recall option. The plan was always to loan him for a year. 

As for why we'd give Feruz a place in the team rather than recall Lukaku, it's simple - both will get Premiership experience. If we recalled Lukaku, we couldn't afford to give much of an opportunity to Feruz. Lukaku's in the perfect place right now, a decent club, consistent appearances and he seems to be quite happy there. We'd stand to gain very little by recalling him, but there'd be a risk that the FSW would just stick him on the bench and continue to rotate Torres and Ba. Nobody would benefit from that scenario. On the contrary, by keeping Lukaku where he is, he'll get the volume of time on the pitch necessary to develop. Feruz could grab a few appearances here and there for the rest of the year, but we wouldn't need to worry about making sure he played consistently like we would with Lukaku because he's taking a big step forward, unlike Lukaku who'd be going from one Premiership club to another.

We didn't, did we? I was under the impression that we merely informed West Brom that we wouldn't be exercising our recall option. The plan was always to loan him for a year. 

As for why we'd give Feruz a place in the team rather than recall Lukaku, it's simple - both will get Premiership experience. If we recalled Lukaku, we couldn't afford to give much of an opportunity to Feruz. Lukaku's in the perfect place right now, a decent club, consistent appearances and he seems to be quite happy there. We'd stand to gain very little by recalling him, but there'd be a risk that the FSW would just stick him on the bench and continue to rotate Torres and Ba. Nobody would benefit from that scenario. On the contrary, by keeping Lukaku where he is, he'll get the volume of time on the pitch necessary to develop. Feruz could grab a few appearances here and there for the rest of the year, but we wouldn't need to worry about making sure he played consistently like we would with Lukaku because he's taking a big step forward, unlike Lukaku who'd be going from one Premiership club to another.

You're right I thought we agreed two half season loans.  

If you're advocating letting him make 10 minute cameo appearances here an there while he continues to play most of his games for the youth team, I don't see any harm in that either; unless it actually cuts into what he's doing at the moment and he ends up sitting on the bench doing nothing.  I don't like the idea of letting him "compete" with Torres and Ba when I feel he'd do much better when given a real opportunity like the three I mentioned before.  I don't like it because I know that no manager we have will give him a real opportunity and that he will struggle with his limited time on the pitch, which will just rack up the pressure. 

If Piazon does well with Malaga we'll have 4 very promising young players we've successfully brought up to Prem standards.  The issue with this club is the next phase, integration.  Throw in Chalobah and Josh and it looks like we're actually quite good at development.  

You're right I thought we agreed two half season loans.  

If you're advocating letting him make 10 minute cameo appearances here an there while he continues to play most of his games for the youth team, I don't see any harm in that either; unless it actually cuts into what he's doing at the moment and he ends up sitting on the bench doing nothing.  I don't like the idea of letting him "compete" with Torres and Ba when I feel he'd do much better when given a real opportunity like the three I mentioned before.  I don't like it because I know that no manager we have will give him a real opportunity and that he will struggle with his limited time on the pitch, which will just rack up the pressure. 

If Piazon does well with Malaga we'll have 4 very promising young players we've successfully brought up to Prem standards.  The issue with this club is the next phase, integration.  Throw in Chalobah and Josh and it looks like we're actually quite good at development.  

I'd give him more than 10 minutes. Tomorrow is a great opportunity to give him a serious run out against an opponent of a suitable level. Depending on the draw, there may be more opportunities in the FA Cup. There's the Europa League, which would give him a bit of continental exposure. A cameo here or there in the Premiership wouldn't hurt either. There are opportunities, but I doubt the FSW will seize them. Maybe he'll stick him on at 90+3 and BlueChelseaMataHariHermaphrodite can come back and tell us what a great job the bloated c**t is doing integrating youngsters. 

I don't watch the youth competitions as much as I should, but a brace at that level isn't an indication that he's ready to be thrown into the Premier League. He's only 17, lets at least give him a loan first.

Agreed with the loan but Feruz should get some time on the pitch or at least the bench at the Bridge to whet his appetite and make him work that much harder.

The FSW is complaining about not a deep enough squad yet we haven't seen Feruz and just sent Piazon on loan... While I do think we lack depth the FSW is just covering his tracks with more excuses. Just like his recent comments about us winning some silverware. He now says that's not important but qualifying for the CL is the major focus. I don't have to tell you all that this is rubbish and that the FSW is trying to save his own arse...

Hey FSW, I will have the linguini with clams and a coke with no ice! Your excuses are getting old and you are rubbish!

Archived